Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl echo with double quotes
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl echo with double quotes Post 302383907 by Scott on Friday 1st of January 2010 10:22:56 PM
Old 01-01-2010
Hi.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env perl
`echo Rule123 -comment \\"blah blah\\" >> $filename`

Or

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env perl
`echo 'Rule123 -comment "blah blah"' >> filename`

(but why execute shell commands inside perl, when it has perfectly good commands to print?!)

Last edited by Scott; 01-01-2010 at 11:35 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL, extract value between double quotes

I know this is probably much simplier than I am making but I need some help please. I have a data file that contains a value on the first line between double quotes ("00043"). I need to assign the value between the first set quotes to a variable in my perl script for comparison analysis. Also,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: methos
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying double quotes using Perl

Hi Guys, I'm a Perl newbie and was wondering if there's a way of displaying double quotes within double quotes. I'm try to print the contents of the variable to a file by using the system function. Here is an example of my code: #============================== $website = <STDIN>;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbdesouza
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problems with double quotes in PERL

I have a cgi script I run through apache2 and I need to have a line that contains double quotes within double quotes. Here's what I need PERL to pass to rrdtool: HRULE:30#BBBB00:"30.0 constant":dashesIt's a little more complicated since I also have variables in the statement which requires... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: audiophile
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substitute the value with in double quotes in perl?

Hi, I have string like this: $str=' DNA OR ("rna AND binding AND protein")'; I just wanted to substitute AND with a blank. How can i do that? I want the output like this: $string= DNA OR ("rna binding protein") (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using echo to print double quotes along with variable substitution

Hi, I am generating html code using cshell, but i am having one problem while printing double quotes, I need to write following code in file. where $var contains list of web address <a href="$var">$var</a> So i am using echo "<a href="$var">$var</a>" > file.html But with this " in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] echo not updating double quotes in output

Hi , I have a script to update firefox proxy. But the echo is not updating the double quotes. paste /home/names.txt /home/ip.txt | while read i j do mkdir $i echo "user_pref("network.proxy.http", "$j");" >> /home/$i/prefs.js echo "user_pref("network.proxy.http_port", 8080);" >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double quotes and variable proble in echo

HI Guys, I want to echo below line in my file :- lpd | grep AL | nawk '{print "1dLA - " $0} How can i echo same Output (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserve commas inside double quotes (perl)

Hi, I have an input file like this $ cat infile hi,i,"am , sam", y hello ,good, morning abcd, " ef, gh " ,ij no, "good,morning", yes, "good , afternoon" from this file I have to split the fields on basis of comma"," however, I the data present inside double qoutes should be treated as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Double quotes within double quotes in a column with space while loading a CSV file

Hi All, I'm unable to load the data using sql loader where there are double quotes within the double quotes As these are optionally enclosed by double quotes. Sample Data : "221100",138.00,"D","0019/1477","44012075","49938","49938/15043000","Television - 22" Refurbished - Airwave","Supply... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanya
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing double quotes in echo command

Please help me to use echo or printf type of command to print some value from variable within double quotes - I want to print the double quote ( " ") also. I tried #!/bin/bash VALUE=some_value echo '{"value" : "$VALUE"}' I was expecting the above script would produce .. {"value" :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
3 Replies
rbacdbchk(1M)															     rbacdbchk(1M)

NAME
rbacdbchk - Verifies the syntax of the Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) database files SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
verifies that there are no conflicting or inconsistent entries in and amongst the RBAC database files. also checks the syntax of the data- base files and prints messages indicating which lines contain errors. returns zero output if no errors are present in the database files. All the RBAC database files and are verified. See rbac(5) for more information on these RBAC database files. Options supports the following options: Checks the database. Checks the database. Checks the database. Checks the database. Checks the database. Cross reference checks all databases. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. International Code Set Support Single-byte character code set is supported. RETURN VALUE
0. Success 1. Incorrect syntax EXAMPLES
The following example finds an error that user is an invalid user # rbacdbchk [/etc/rbac/user_role] John: Administrator invalid user The value 'John' for the Username field is bad. The following example finds a syntax error, an extra colon at the end of a line: # rbacdbchk [/etc/rbac/user_role] root: Administrator: invalid name: Not alphanumeric The value 'Administrator:' for the Rolename field is bad. [Role in role_auth DB with no assigned user in user_role DB] Administrator:(hpux.*, *) The following example finds a field missing: # rbacdbchk [/etc/rbac/roles] : my comment invalid name: <empty> The value '' for the Rolename field is bad. The following example finds a bad role: # rbacdbchk [Role in role_auth DB with no assigned user in user_role DB] blah:(hpux.*, *) [Invalid Role in role_auth DB. Role 'blah' does not exist in the roles DB] blah:(hpux.*, *) The following example finds a bad group name: # rbacdbchk [/etc/rbac/user_role] &blah: Administrator invalid group The value 'blah' for the Group name field is bad. FILES
Database containing valid definitions of all roles. Database containing definitions of all valid authorizations. Database specifying the roles for each specified user. Database that defines the authorizations for each role. Database containing the authorization to execute specified commands, and the privileges to alter uid and gid for command execution. Database that defines the role-to-authorization to audit SEE ALSO
authadm(1M), cmdprivadm(1M), privrun(1M), rbac(5). rbacdbchk(1M)