Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AIX to HP-UX translation please Post 302383762 by dday on Thursday 31st of December 2009 09:46:59 AM
Old 12-31-2009
Do a man on vgdisplay. That should get you what you want.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need translation?

Can someone tell me exactly what this code is doing? # # gnutest # # Test launch of ghostscript (gs) from a script # rm gnutest.ps # # ------- calculation that would generate file(s) to # be plotted with gnuplot would be placed here ----------- # gnuplot << \E-o-f2 set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

2. Programming

Swedish Character translation

Sorry if this been posted before. At the moment I'm having problem with the iscntrl() function. I need it to run a check on code entered into a Text Box, however I also need to allow the "Ö, ö" Swedish characters. The iscntrl() function seems to pick up the characters above as part of the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebelwassie
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need translation!

Someone give me info on this script. I put all the parts I do not understand in BOLD. Please someone explain what the parts in BOLD does/mean. Thanks! #!/bin/bash #Usage: cmdArgs.sh arg1 arg2 arg3 printf "The number of command line args is: $#\n" declare -i counter #Not strictly... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 801238429
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help --translation

I am reading the SANS security policy--.I want to translate the to Chinese.But I don`t understand a paragraph of the. It is :"Where SNMP is used, the community strings must be defined as something other than the standard defaults of "public," "private" and "system" and must be different from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beijingzhzj
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Text Translation

hi all, Im a unix newbie and Im trying to find and replace text and I been looking at these posts since 7 am and I still dont see what Im after. Here is the task at hand. Im trying to translate few lines by doing cat <file> and here is what Im doing <file> 20110228 Mike Original apartment... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PG3
4 Replies

6. AIX

Can't ping - IP translation issue?

Hello, Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I have a site-to-site VPN, across which data is synced between two CRM systems. The opposing side of this tunnel is a flat network (lets call it 201.200.156.xx/24) My internal network is a 192.168.0.xx/24 network, however before... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thruster9
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Network address translation

How would one approach the problem of determining the NAT tables of a router without knowing the userid and password. The only password holder died. I know the internal ip address of the router is 192.168.2.1, and also ports 80 or 8080 and 3389 are open. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
5 Replies
VGDISPLAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      VGDISPLAY(8)

NAME
vgdisplay - display attributes of volume groups SYNOPSIS
vgdisplay [-A|--activevolumegroups] [-c|--colon] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [-P|--partial] [-s|--short] [-v[v]|--verbose [--verbose]] [--version] [VolumeGroupName...] DESCRIPTION
vgdisplay allows you to see the attributes of VolumeGroupName (or all volume groups if none is given) with it's physical and logical vol- umes and their sizes etc. vgs (8) is an alternative that provides the same information in the style of ps (1). OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. -A, --activevolumegroups Only select the active volume groups. -c, --colon Generate colon separated output for easier parsing in scripts or programs. N.B. vgs (8) provides considerably more control over the output. The values are: 1 volume group name 2 volume group access 3 volume group status 4 internal volume group number 5 maximum number of logical volumes 6 current number of logical volumes 7 open count of all logical volumes in this volume group 8 maximum logical volume size 9 maximum number of physical volumes 10 current number of physical volumes 11 actual number of physical volumes 12 size of volume group in kilobytes 13 physical extent size 14 total number of physical extents for this volume group 15 allocated number of physical extents for this volume group 16 free number of physical extents for this volume group 17 uuid of volume group -s, --short Give a short listing showing the existence of volume groups. -v, --verbose Display verbose information containing long listings of physical and logical volumes. If given twice, also display verbose runtime information of vgdisplay's activities. --version Display version and exit successfully. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgs(8), pvcreate(8), vgcreate(8), lvcreate(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) VGDISPLAY(8)