Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Bad command error for date conversion Post 302383744 by xoops on Thursday 31st of December 2009 08:03:57 AM
Old 12-31-2009
You can convert the date into seconds and then you should be able to convert it back.

Code:

# date --date="Thu Dec 24 00:01:00 EST 2009" +%s
# date --date="1970-01-01 1261630860 sec" +"%a %b %d %T %Z %Y"
Thu Dec 24 05:01:00 CST 2009

Hope this helps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date conversion

Hi I want to convert MAY 05 2005 01:15:00PM date format to 2005/05/05 01:15:00PM . CAn somebody suggest me a code ,I am new to unix shell programming. Thanks Arif (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: mab_arif16
21 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date conversion

Hi, I have the string YYYYMMDDHHMMSS like 20090801204150 and I need to convert it using the unix command date in the format: date "Saturday, 1 August 2009 20:40:59" All in one single Unix line if this is possible. What's the correct syntax? Steve Hagi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hagimeno
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of date to Julian date

Hi Gurus, Need help in Conversion of date(2007-11-30) to Julian date(YYDDD)... '+%J' 2007-11-30 to 'YYDDD' Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeenuGuddu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date command output conversion

hi all, i need to measure time difference between the time a process started, to the time it ended. i am assuming the following are the steps: 1. output 'date' command at start time 2. output 'date' command at end time 3. subtract the two question is, how do i subtract the two time... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rathajs
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian date to Calendar date conversion

Hi all, I require to convert julian date to normal calander date in unix for eg julian date=122 now i want corresponding calander date ---------------------------------------- gr8 if give very small command/script and please explain the steps as well(imp) Thanks ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date conversion

Trying to convert dates using a Perl Script but it has to accept formats like 3 letter month, day and year like Nov 02 2010 or 1/4/11 or 21 Feb 2011 and have it convert to something like October 20, 2011. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reduxeffect81
2 Replies

8. AIX

Date Conversion

Hi, I would like to change the incoming date format (Jun 25 2010) to 06/25/2010. I have seen date "dconv" function but i am not sure how that works. $ echo "Jun 25 2010" | nawk ' { months=" JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec";date=$1;month=index(months,substr($1,1,3))/3; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth B
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Date conversion

Hi , we have a string with yyyymmdd format . how to know which date it is ? example:20120712-->sunday 20150228-->saturday 20140431-->invalid please suggest commands which work on below os : SunOS 5.10 shell: bash shell Thanks, Srinath. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinadhreddy27
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find command giving bad status error

In a fastload teradata utility I am trying to delete the files which are older than 30days using the find and rm command as following. find . -name 'xxx_*' -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} \; I expect it to delete all the files older than 30 days but sometimes it gives an error : find: bad status--... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stelkar
3 Replies
nqs2pbs(1B)								PBS							       nqs2pbs(1B)

NAME
nqs2pbs - convert NQS job scripts to PBS SYNOPSIS
nqs2pbs nqs_script [pbs_script] DESCRIPTION
This utility converts a existing NQS job script to work with PBS and NQS. The existing script is copied and PBS directives, #PBS , are inserted prior to each NQS directive #QSUB or #@$ , in the original script. Certain NQS date specification and options are not supported by PBS. A warning message will be displayed indicating the problem and the line of the script on which it occurred. If any unrecognizable NQS directives are encountered, an error message is displayed. The new PBS script will be deleted if any errors occur. OPERANDS
nqs_script Specifies the file name of the NQS script to convert. This file is not changed. pbs_script If specified, it is the name of the new PBS script. If not specified, the new file name is nqs_script.new . NOTES
Converting NQS date specifications to the PBS form may result in a warning message and an incompleted converted date. PBS does not support date specifications of "today", "tomorrow", or the name of the days of the week such as "Monday". If any of these are encountered in a script, the PBS specification will contain only the time portion of the NQS specification, i.e. #PBS -a hhmm[.ss]. It is suggested that you specify the execution time on the qsub command line rather than in the script. Note that PBS will interpret a time specification without a date in the following way: - If the time specified has not yet been reached, the job will become eligible to run at that time today. - If the specified time has already passed when the job is submitted, the job will become eligible to run at that time tomorrow. PBS does not support time zone identifiers. All times are taken as local time. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B) Local nqs2pbs(1B)