Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Complex coloring in script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Complex coloring in script Post 302383463 by sentinel on Tuesday 29th of December 2009 11:26:59 PM
Old 12-30-2009
Thanks a lot, and much thanks for the awk script, Ygor.

I was also thinking along these lines in my sleep ;-)

1. First color the entire line.
2. Use the line color, as the OFF color for other colors
3. Now color individual words.

Happy New Year to you all.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Coloring personal text in vim

Hi, I want to color some personal text, such as my own name in vim editor. Can anyone tell me how this is done. Thanks, Sathya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skkrish2
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syntax coloring for .pc files in VIM editor

Hi, i am using VIM editor through Putty. By the option of Syntax on in .vimrc file i am able to see syntax colors in .c and .cpp files but not in the files with .pc extension. How can this be done? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuchK
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need complex script, anyone up for a challenge?

Default shell is /usr/bin/zsh Script will be running #!/bin/bash Need to pull information from database while using other scripts already made (not by me). Ok, so i need a script pulling certain information about a customer's router interfaces. I am using a ROUTER-DNS-NAME as variable $1 I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ///NNM
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

complex find in script

How to I put my find command string into a script. It is currently to long to be entered manually at command line. for FNAME in `find /unixsxxx/interface/x.x/xxxxxx -type f \( -name '*.KSH' -o -name '*.sh' -o -name '*.sql' -o -name '*.ksh' \) -exec grep -il xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx {} \;`; do C=`grep -c... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Script

hey... i had a big problem with my professor i have 3 simple archives in.txt -> had all timestamps of users logon (100lines) ex. 111111 222222 333333 out.txt -> had all timestamps of users logof (100lines) ex. 111113 222225 333332 commands.txt... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: beandj
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script (complex)

picked this up from another thread. echo 1st_file.csv; nawk -F, 'NR==FNR{a++;next} a{b++} END{for(i in b){if(b-1&&a!=b){print i";\t\t"b}else{print "NEW:"i";\t\t"b} } }' OFS=, 1st_file.csv *.csv | sort -r i need to use the above but with a slight modification.. 1.compare against 3 month... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
25 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - coloring reg. expressions in text

Hi all, is there anyone good at bash who will help me? I need to use syntax ${string/pattern/replacement} The problematic part where I am stuck is: #!bin/bash text="A cat is on a mat." exp="cat" newexp="SOMECODEcatSOMECODE" newtext=${${text}/${exp}/${newexp}} == > ERROR "wrong... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnnyM77
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Coloring the pattern match

Hi All, Can we have colour the matched pattern with any color using unix command? For example I have a very length line a file and I'm applying grep on that file. grep "matched pattern" filename.txt My output is like below, ...........matched... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poova
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Coloring cli output, screws up 'alignment'

Heyas I'm trying to add color 'support' to my TUI. It works, but behaves weird. Code in question: (status.conf) R="\033" ; TUI_WORK="" TUI_DONE="" ; TUI_FAIL="" TUI_SKIP="" ; TUI_NEXT="" TUI_BACK="" ; TUI_CANC="" TUI_ON="" ; TUI_OFF="" TUI_INFO="" ; TUI_HELP="" The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
4 Replies
ppmdither(1)						      General Commands Manual						      ppmdither(1)

NAME
ppmdither - ordered dither for color images SYNOPSIS
ppmdither [-dim power] [-red shades] [-green shades] [-blue shades] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input, and applies dithering to it to reduce the number of colors used down to the specified number of shades for each primary. The default number of shades is red=5, green=9, blue=5, for a total of 225 colors. To convert the image to a binary rgb format suitable for color printers, use -red 2 -green 2 -blue 2. OPTIONS
-dim power The size of the dithering matrix. The dithering matrix is a square whose dimension is a power of 2. power is that power of 2. The default is 4, for a 16 by 16 matrix. -red shades The number of red shades to be used, including black; minimum of 2. -green shades The number of green shades to be used, including black; minimum of 2. -blue shades The number of blue shades to be used, including black; minimum of 2. SEE ALSO
pnmdepth(1), ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Christos Zoulas. 14 July 1991 ppmdither(1)