Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error when running script
Operating Systems Solaris Error when running script Post 302383451 by ronny_nch on Tuesday 29th of December 2009 10:39:50 PM
Old 12-29-2009
Added, but i encountered this error.
Code:
./backup_config_report.sh: line 21: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
./backup_config_report.sh: line 21: `} |tee -a backup_report.`date '+%Y%m%d.%H%M'`.log'

Last edited by Scott; 01-04-2010 at 02:59 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while running a script

Hi all, By running a (command) script I'm getting the following error: .: /usr/bin/test: cannot execute binary file This is the command: $ . test The script (test) is very simple sqlplus user/password @1.sql sqlplus user/password @2.sql Can enyone tell me what the problem is. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarryTellegen
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running your script -- Balamv

When I run this, I am getting the below error. Why? Pls help me #!/bin/ksh echo Hello World dirs="not_using_0" for entry in *; do && dirs="$dirs $entry" done dirarray=($dirs) index=1 while }" ] ; do echo "${index}: ${dirarray}" index=`expr $index + 1` done while ; do echo -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balamv
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in in running script

Hi all, I have created a script file .sh and had some allias commands, local variable, some grep features, and listing files/directories, and it worked correctly and I got the outputs I am looking for after I run the script . However, some of the grep commands and some other functions did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aama100
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting error when running script through crontab

Hi all, I wrote small script for Solaris and when I am running it through command prompt its ok, but when I trying to run it using crontab, i am getting error like: ld.so.1: dbloader: fatal: libACE.so: open failed: No such file or directory /tmp/file.sh: line 5: 8304 Killed ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nypreH
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error running nawk script

Hi, I was trying to use nawk script given in this link https://www.unix.com/aix/19979-df-output-not-aligned.html but when i do this im getting this error $ df -k|formatDF.nawk -ksh: formatDF.nawk: not found Can anyone help me on this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
6 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Getting error code when running the script 2 (RC)2

hi All, we have a script to remove the files from particular path,when we tryingto run manually the script went to success and removed the files but the same script which is running by other team it got failed and giving the error "2 (RC)2 "..what is the cause of the failure..and we passing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagavenkatesh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running script using nohup

Hi, I am running the below script. When i run the script normally it executes fine but when i run the same script using nohup it throws an error as getStatus.sh: syntax error at line 3: `(' unexpected . Can you let me know why it is so? while do . $(dirname $0)/include.sh cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when running script in background

Hi guys, ./test.sh & #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "No.Of Items :" read count echo "Report Time (Min):" read time some other command .... exit 0; thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in running DB query by script

Hi I was trying to fetch data from database. But the number of rows exported were huge so i got the error. Experts please advice. Thanks a lot for your supprt. #: ./script.sh ./script.sh: xmalloc: subst.c:3076: cannot allocate 1401346369 bytes (0 bytes allocated) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brij123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error running script

Hi, I have the the below script more runcda.sh if *\).*/\1/p' $1_dr) ]; then echo "ParallelGCThreads Found with Value" else echo "ParallelGCThreads Not Found - Add !!" fi $ ./runcda.sh output.log ./runcda.sh: test: argument expected ParallelGCThreads Not Found - Add !! Why am i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
tee(1)								   User Commands							    tee(1)

NAME
tee - replicate the standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/tee /usr/bin/tee [-ai] [file]... ksh93 tee [-ail] [file]... DESCRIPTION
/usr/bin/tee /usr/bin/tee copies standard input to standard output, making a copy in zero or more files. tee does not buffer its output. The options determine if the specified files are overwritten or appended to. ksh93 The tee built-in in ksh93 is associated with the /bin and /usr/bin paths. It is invoked when tee is executed without a pathname prefix and the pathname search finds a /bin/tee or /usr/bin/tee executable. tee copies standard input to standard output and to zero or more files. The options determine whether the specified files are overwritten or appended to. The tee utility does not buffer output. If a write to a file fails, tee continues to write to other files although it exits with a non-zero exit status. The number of file operands that can be specified is limited by the underlying operating system. OPTIONS
/usr/bin/tee The following options are supported by /usr/bin/tee: -a Appends the output to the files rather than overwriting them. -i Ignores interrupts. ksh93 The following options are supported by the tee built-in command in ksh93: -a Appends the output to the files rather than overwriting them. --append -i Ignores SIGINT signal. --ignore-interrupts -l Sets the standard output to be line buffered. --line-buffer OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file A path name of an output file. Processing of at least 13 file operands are supported. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of tee when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of tee: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
/usr/bin/tee The following exit values are returned by /usr/bin/tee: 0 The standard input was successfully copied to all output files. >0 The number of files that could not be opened or whose status could not be obtained. ksh93 The following exit values are returned by tee in ksh93: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: /usr/bin/tee +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Standard |See standards(5). | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ksh93 +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The ksh93 built-in binding to /bin and /usr/bin is Volatile. The built-in interfaces are Uncommitted. SEE ALSO
cat(1), ksh93(1), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 20 Nov 2007 tee(1)