Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network attack - so what?
Special Forums Cybersecurity Network attack - so what? Post 302383071 by mikep9 on Monday 28th of December 2009 08:55:27 AM
Old 12-28-2009
I would want to block the known attacking IP(s) on the firewall at the gateway into the network and the node that is being attacked.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bruteforce attack on my pc

since putting my pc online, it keeps getting slower and i dig the logfile to have such a surprise: this is just one of a many and I beleived it's a bruteforce attack how do i block this IP 200.41.81.228 from trying to knock my online pc? my system: FreeBSD testing.net 6.2-STABLE-JE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdns
6 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Replay Attack

REPLAY ATTACK. Can some one elobrate on measures to encounter this problem of replay atack on network. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashvin Gaur
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Bizzare network attack?

A server I host is having very rare glitches where a file the user downloads will have incorrect contents. This almost never happens when I am looking, I caught it once and only once -- a user messaged me saying his antivirus had given him a warning about an image file downloaded from his... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

What I think is a DoS attack

About 3 days ago our Apache logs started filling with the following errors: mod_ssl: SSL handshake failed (server <weberver>:443, client 41.235.234.172) (OpenSSL library error follows) OpenSSL: error:1408A0B7:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:no ciphers specified These initially were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Found attack from

Hi, I have a belkin router installed and a look at the security log has got me worried a little bit. Security log: Fri Jan 29 20:41:46 2010 =>Found attack from 68.147.232.199. Source port is 58591 and destination port is 12426 which use the TCP protocol. Fri Jan 29 20:41:46 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jld
1 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

UUCP attack?

Is this an attack attempt? I got an e-mail from 'uucp Admin' last night and again this morning: What does it mean and what can I do about it? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctafret
4 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

DDOS attack please help!

Dear community, my site was recently attacjed by DDOS technique and goes down in a few minutes. My site runs under Debian/Apache2/Mysql. I identified the IPs who attack me and block it through iptable firewall from debian. Something like: iptables -D INPUT -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -j DROP This... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
7 Replies
vb(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						     vb(7)

NAME
vb, sys_attrs_vme_vba - VMEbus backplane Ethernet interface SYNOPSIS
controller vb0 at vba0 DESCRIPTION
The VMEbus backplane (vb) interface provides access to an Ethernet network through the VMEbus backplane driver, which acts as an Ethernet Datalink Layer driver. This interface allows VMEbus-based systems to communicate directly over the VMEbus to other VMEbus-based systems on the same backplane, or on other Ethernet connected systems outside the backplane through a gateway node on the backplane. Both the Tru64 UNIX and VxWorks for Alpha (Version 3.1 or higher) software support the vb driver as well as communication between these systems on the same backplane. The Tru64 UNIX vb driver is supported on AXPvme and Alpha VME SBCs and Alpha VME 2100 systems. The VMEbus backplane interface requires you to modify the /etc/sysconfigtab file on your AXPvme or Alpha VME system in order to configure the vb driver and to map VMEbus windows for the system. Mapping the VMEbus windows on one node requires knowledge about every node in the vb network. Note Do not modify any vme_vba kernel subsystem attributes. To configure a vb network node, you modify attributes of the vb driver (vb:) and the system's VMEbus adapter (vba_vipvic: or vba_univ:). See System Configuration Supplement: OEM Platforms for detailed information about the use of the vb interface on Alpha VME systems, includ- ing the following topics: VMEbus backplane (vb) network overview Configuring vb network nodes Modifying vb driver attributes Modifying vba_vipvic adapter attributes Modifying vba_univ adapter attributes Examples Related ioctl commands Diagnostic messages Errors RELATED INFORMATION
Interfaces: sys_attrs_vba_vipvic(7), sys_attrs_vba_univ(7), sysconfigdb(8) Network Administration, System Configuration Supplement: OEM Platforms delim off vb(7)