Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File creation permissions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers File creation permissions Post 302383053 by abu7maid2005 on Monday 28th of December 2009 07:13:18 AM
Old 12-28-2009
Scrutinizer , thank you

but i can not did these steps manually every time files added . i need an automatic method

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

creation of a file

how to create a file with the same modification time as another file is having using the copy command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

To give the "unzip" permissions & "create" file permissions

Hi, I am a Unix Admin. I have to give the permissions to a user for creating new file in a directory in HP-Ux 11.11 system since he cannot able to create a new file in the directory. Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file creation

hi guys Kindly see the below script #!/bin/bash if then # check to see if file notrouter exits or not if ! ls -l notrouter /root/joy/ >/dev/null then touch /root/joy/notrouter else echo "Entries already exist" fi else echo "Entries does not exist" fi here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file creation

Hi, Is there any way to restrict directories with one type of file creation. regards. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: guguli
8 Replies

5. Solaris

gzip a file and append creation date stamp to file

I want to gzip a file and append the creation date to the end of the file. How can I accomplish this task. Basically they are log files which need a creation date stamp appended to make sure they do not overwrite other log files. -jack (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacktravine
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with creating a text file in perl with file creation date.

Hi, I am quite new to Perl scripting and i need to create a .TXT file using perl, with fields (A,B,C,D,E), and this text file should be named with current file creation date "XYZ_CCYYMMDD.TXT" (i.e.XYZ_2011042514:33 PM). Can anyone who has done this, please share their expertise on this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File creation

Hi I need to write a file with value value from Paramer which is passed from datastage. It should overwrite the file if already exists. Can anybody provide command for this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cnrj
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tar file creation

Hi, I need to transfer some files from one server to another server. I need confirmation whether tar file will be created or not in HP UX with the following space details. du -s /home/webadmin/xxx/bin/ 469186 /home/webadmin/xxx/bin/ df -k /home/webadmin/xxx/bin/ 556110 total... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the specific part of the file name with file creation date?

Hello Folks, I have an requirement, where i need to get total count of the file based on creation date with there filename selected pattern. Filename: MobileProtocol.20171228T154200.157115.udr I want to get the count of files created on each day based on a pattern find. find . -type... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
7 Replies
RMF(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)