Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl : find perl executable binary Post 302382779 by gaurav1086 on Friday 25th of December 2009 12:20:55 PM
Old 12-25-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn
Hi.

It's not possible to specify more than one shebang.

Perhaps you could try:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env perl

Hello what if env is not in /usr/bin/env .
just kidding.
Merry Christmas.

---------- Post updated at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:48 PM ----------

Hello
you can give your cron job as "perl name_of_script".
This will call perl wherever it is (of course in $PATH). and would override the shebang line.
Hope this helps.
Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl and binary workings

Perhaps it's me - maybe I'm dumb and am getting this working solution wrong... I have a binary value 00000011 in $binVal and I want to print the result in denary, so in perl I did as the perldoc -f oct told me to do and added a 0b prefix as so: $binVal = "0b" . $binVal; then I wanted to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a C executable from inside a Perl script

here's the Perl code snippet... how can i call my C executable 'porter-stemmer' and pass it $1 as an argument? Thanks for the help! # Read through the original topic set, and modify based on the current # pre-processing options while (<TOPIC_ORIG>) { # Run pre-processing over only the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark_nsx
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing C++ binary return status in perl

Hello, I have a C++ binary that runs in my perl script. But, Currently, the binary is doing a core dump and i want to capture the retrun status of the binary to report as an issue. Can you please help me on this. Thanks, Sateesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing C++ binary return status in perl

Hello, I have a C++ binary that runs in my perl script. But, Currently, the binary is doing a core dump and i want to capture the retrun status of the binary to report as an issue. Can you please help me on this. Thanks, Sateesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert binary to text Perl script

Hello everyone, I have a binary file with a structure unknown. I have found 2 perl scripts that it seems to do the convertion but I get sintactic errors when I run them, may somebody test these 2 scripts please and see if really work? One if from here... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying a number in binary using perl

printf FH2" 3'b%b : begin\n",$i; where i is an integer in the loop is displaying 3'b1 : begin expected output was 3'b001 : begin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to open an executable and pass the user credentials

Is it possible to open an executable file and pass user credentials through the perl script. If yes Please do share the CPAN module names and the way to access the executable file. For eg. I want to open the IBM LOTUS Sametime through my perl code and pass the user credentials like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a perl script executable

Hello, I have a perl program called snp_hwe.pl I have another program called hwe_test.run which contains the following: for file in *.inp do cp $file genotype_counts_c.txt ./snp_hwe.exe > $file'.res' done I want to change my perl program to an executable program while changing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the File name of perl executable in Linux

Hi All, I just want to know how to get the executable name of the perl script as i know "$0" will give me the script name but i want to know the executable name which i got it from the script using pp command. Regards Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kar_333
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binary patch using perl

for all who are interested: a bash function scanning all unique strings in FILE that contain a token and replacing it. Furthermore the function demonstrates how to construct a perl command from variables in a script: patchfile() { local -r file="$1" local -r... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodona
1 Replies
TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl(3pm)			 Perl Programmers Reference Guide		     TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl(3pm)

NAME
TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl - Stream TAP from a Perl executable VERSION
Version 3.26 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Source; use TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl; my $source = TAP::Parser::Source->new->raw( 'script.pl' ); $source->assemble_meta; my $class = 'TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl'; my $vote = $class->can_handle( $source ); my $iter = $class->make_iterator( $source ); DESCRIPTION
This is a Perl TAP::Parser::SourceHandler - it has 2 jobs: 1. Figure out if the TAP::Parser::Source it's given is actually a Perl script ("can_handle"). 2. Creates an iterator for Perl sources ("make_iterator"). Unless you're writing a plugin or subclassing TAP::Parser, you probably won't need to use this module directly. METHODS
Class Methods "can_handle" my $vote = $class->can_handle( $source ); Only votes if $source looks like a file. Casts the following votes: 0.9 if it has a shebang ala "#!...perl" 0.75 if it has any shebang 0.8 if it's a .t file 0.9 if it's a .pl file 0.75 if it's in a 't' directory 0.25 by default (backwards compat) "make_iterator" my $iterator = $class->make_iterator( $source ); Constructs & returns a new TAP::Parser::Iterator::Process for the source. Assumes "$source->raw" contains a reference to the perl script. "croak"s if the file could not be found. The command to run is built as follows: $perl @switches $perl_script @test_args The perl command to use is determined by "get_perl". The command generated is guaranteed to preserve: PERL5LIB PERL5OPT Taint Mode, if set in the script's shebang Note: the command generated will not respect any shebang line defined in your Perl script. This is only a problem if you have compiled a custom version of Perl or if you want to use a specific version of Perl for one test and a different version for another, for example: #!/path/to/a/custom_perl --some --args #!/usr/local/perl-5.6/bin/perl -w Currently you need to write a plugin to get around this. "get_taint" Decode any taint switches from a Perl shebang line. # $taint will be 't' my $taint = TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl->get_taint( '#!/usr/bin/perl -t' ); # $untaint will be undefined my $untaint = TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl->get_taint( '#!/usr/bin/perl' ); "get_perl" Gets the version of Perl currently running the test suite. SUBCLASSING
Please see "SUBCLASSING" in TAP::Parser for a subclassing overview. Example package MyPerlSourceHandler; use strict; use vars '@ISA'; use TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl; @ISA = qw( TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl ); # use the version of perl from the shebang line in the test file sub get_perl { my $self = shift; if (my $shebang = $self->shebang( $self->{file} )) { $shebang =~ /^#!(.*perl.*?)(?:(?:s)|(?:$))/; return $1 if $1; } return $self->SUPER::get_perl(@_); } SEE ALSO
TAP::Object, TAP::Parser, TAP::Parser::IteratorFactory, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Executable, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::File, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Handle, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::RawTAP perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl(3pm)