Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl : find perl executable binary Post 302382740 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 24th of December 2009 07:06:34 PM
Old 12-24-2009
which means that in each of the servers, you know where the perl path is available, so in that case explicitly pass the perl script as an argument to perl command.

Have your script without the shebang line
detect the path of perl in a host
then path_to_perl <script_without_shebang_line>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl and binary workings

Perhaps it's me - maybe I'm dumb and am getting this working solution wrong... I have a binary value 00000011 in $binVal and I want to print the result in denary, so in perl I did as the perldoc -f oct told me to do and added a 0b prefix as so: $binVal = "0b" . $binVal; then I wanted to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a C executable from inside a Perl script

here's the Perl code snippet... how can i call my C executable 'porter-stemmer' and pass it $1 as an argument? Thanks for the help! # Read through the original topic set, and modify based on the current # pre-processing options while (<TOPIC_ORIG>) { # Run pre-processing over only the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark_nsx
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing C++ binary return status in perl

Hello, I have a C++ binary that runs in my perl script. But, Currently, the binary is doing a core dump and i want to capture the retrun status of the binary to report as an issue. Can you please help me on this. Thanks, Sateesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing C++ binary return status in perl

Hello, I have a C++ binary that runs in my perl script. But, Currently, the binary is doing a core dump and i want to capture the retrun status of the binary to report as an issue. Can you please help me on this. Thanks, Sateesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert binary to text Perl script

Hello everyone, I have a binary file with a structure unknown. I have found 2 perl scripts that it seems to do the convertion but I get sintactic errors when I run them, may somebody test these 2 scripts please and see if really work? One if from here... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying a number in binary using perl

printf FH2" 3'b%b : begin\n",$i; where i is an integer in the loop is displaying 3'b1 : begin expected output was 3'b001 : begin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to open an executable and pass the user credentials

Is it possible to open an executable file and pass user credentials through the perl script. If yes Please do share the CPAN module names and the way to access the executable file. For eg. I want to open the IBM LOTUS Sametime through my perl code and pass the user credentials like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a perl script executable

Hello, I have a perl program called snp_hwe.pl I have another program called hwe_test.run which contains the following: for file in *.inp do cp $file genotype_counts_c.txt ./snp_hwe.exe > $file'.res' done I want to change my perl program to an executable program while changing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the File name of perl executable in Linux

Hi All, I just want to know how to get the executable name of the perl script as i know "$0" will give me the script name but i want to know the executable name which i got it from the script using pp command. Regards Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kar_333
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binary patch using perl

for all who are interested: a bash function scanning all unique strings in FILE that contain a token and replacing it. Furthermore the function demonstrates how to construct a perl command from variables in a script: patchfile() { local -r file="$1" local -r... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodona
1 Replies
SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool						SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-path - GNU shtool command dealing with shell path variables SYNOPSIS
shtool path [-s|--suppress] [-r|--reverse] [-d|--dirname] [-b|--basename] [-m|--magic] [-p|--path path] str [str ...] DESCRIPTION
This command deals with shell $PATH variables. It can find a program through one or more filenames given by one or more str arguments. It prints the absolute filesystem path to the program displayed on "stdout" plus an exit code of 0 if it was really found. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -s, --suppress Supress output. Useful to only test whether a program exists with the help of the return code. -r, --reverse Transform a forward path to a subdirectory into a reverse path. -d, --dirname Output the directory name of str. -b, --basename Output the base name of str. -m, --magic Enable advanced magic search for ""perl"" and ""cpp"". -p, --path path Search in path. Default is to search in $PATH. EXAMPLE
# shell script awk=`shtool path -p "${PATH}:." gawk nawk awk` perl=`shtool path -m perl` cpp=`shtool path -m cpp` revpath=`shtool path -r path/to/subdir` HISTORY
The GNU shtool path command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1998 for Apache. It was later taken over into GNU shtool. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), which(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-PATH.TMP(1)