Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Understanding the code
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Understanding the code Post 302382738 by Ariean on Thursday 24th of December 2009 06:15:26 PM
Old 12-24-2009
Understanding the code

hello all,

May i know what is this "DEBUG_ME $DEBUG_CMD main" doing in the below code. I am confused with alias also "alias DEBUG_ME='#'". Thanks for your help.

Code:
set -x
alias DEBUG_ME='#'
if [ -f "/product/apps/informatica/v7/pc/ExtProc/debug.ksh" ] ; then
    . /product/apps/informatica/v7/pc/ExtProc/debug.ksh "$1"
fi

# Declaring the Variables used
FEED="$1"
UNAME=`uname -n`

DEBUG_ME $DEBUG_CMD main

INFORMATICA="/product/apps/informatica/v7"
EXTPROC="/product/apps/informatica/v7/pc/ExtProc"
TGT_DIR="/product/apps/informatica/v7/pc/TgtFiles"
COMPLETE_FILE_SOURCE="/ADP_Impact_TT_Output"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Little Trouble Understanding some code...

Couple of questions as I try to decipher someones code who left... What would something coded like this do? IFS=: grep FIELD1 /Path/Path2/Param.fle | read LBL1 LBL2 USRID EADR SUBJ SERVERNAME CFGTBL DIR ERR=0 Param.fle contents.. FIELD1:FEI::FIELD2:dATAFIELD BATCH:MAIN SERVER......etc.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding Code in IF LOOP

Hello All, I would like to know and understand the difference between the below 3 IF loops and also if possible what are the different other parameters i could use other than those mentioed in the below lF LOOP conditions, appreciate your help. Thanks, Sam. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems understanding example code

I am really new to UNIX and programming in general and so apologies if this thread is a bit simple. I have searched and found a piece of sample code for a training program I am currently undertaking, but seeing as I am relatively new, I dont completely understand how it works. Here is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Makaer
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems understanding example code

I am really new to UNIX and programming in general and so apologies if this thread is a bit simple. I have searched and found a piece of sample code for a training program I am currently undertaking, but seeing as I am relatively new, I dont completely understand how it works. Here is the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makaer
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding Perl code.

Well, I found myself trying to fix some Perl code (Ive never done any Perl in my life) and I pinpointed the place where the bug could be. But to be sure I have to know what does a few line of code mean: $files_lim =~ (/^\d*$/) $files_lim =~ (/^\d*h$/)$files_age =~ s/h//The code where this was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding some Perl code.

Well, I found myself trying to fix some Perl code (Ive never done any Perl in my life) and I pinpointed the place where the bug could be. But to be sure I have to know what does a few line of code mean: $files_lim =~ (/^\d*$/) $files_lim =~ (/^\d*h$/) $files_age =~ s/h// The code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
2 Replies

7. Programming

Understanding perl code

What is the difference between the two statements below? A: $a->{"$fruit"}->{"$color"}->{size} = $size B: $size = $a->{"$fruit"}->{"$color"}->{size} Please assist. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with perl code understanding

Hi, I need to understand below perl code, can some one advise me. perl -MDate::Parse -e'BEGIN{$main::now=time;$main::old=(time-60*30)}' -nE'if(/^(\w+\s+\d+\s+\d+:\d+:\d+)/) {$t=str2time $1; $t > $old && $t < $now && print}' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Help understanding this code!!

Hi guys, I am still learning awk and much apprecated to shed some light on the following: the questions asked is below! { total = i = 0 do { ++i total += $i } while ( total <= 100 ) print i, ":", total } File used: cat test.do 45 25 60 20 10 105 50 40 33 5 9 67 108 3 5 4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apollo
2 Replies

10. Programming

Understanding Assembly Code

As the title suggests, I want to better understand the following assembly code: section .text global main ; must be declared for linker (gcc) main: ; tell linker entry point mov edx, len ; message length mov ecx, msg ; message to write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
2 Replies
kreg(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   kreg(8)

NAME
kreg - Maintains the system file that registers kernel layered products SYNOPSIS
/sbin/kreg -d subset [-c NAME] | -l vendor subset path [-c NAME] OPTIONS
Causes the specified layered product to be loaded or deleted from the NAME.list file for the given name in addition to the /usr/sys/conf/.product.list file. Note that the NAME parameter is case sensitive and must exactly match the NAME prefix for the desired NAME.list file. Deletes the entry for the specified layered product when you remove it from the system. Loads the data that controls how to include the layered product in the kernel build process. DESCRIPTION
The kreg command maintains the /usr/sys/conf/.product.list system file, which registers static kernel layered products. The kreg command creates the file if it does not exist. The file enables system utilities or user supplied commands to locate the kernel parts of a layered product, and it provides information about layered products. The kernel tools use the /usr/sys/conf/.product.list file to build a layered product into the kernel. You can use the file to register a static kernel layered product that has been loaded into the system. The file also can be used by the layered product's Software Control Program (SCP), which is called by the setld command. You copy the /usr/sys/conf/.product.list file into the file that is used to extend the kernel configuration files and that has the follow- ing syntax: /usr/sys/conf/NAME.list The NAME variable specifies the system name that also is used in the system configuration file that has the following syntax: /usr/sys/conf/NAME The doconfig command also will copy the /usr/sys/conf/.product.list file. You can use the -c option to load or delete your layered product into a specific NAME.list file as well as the file. This is useful if you want to load your layered product into a specific NAME.list file without requiring the user to either copy the entire file to the NAME.list file or to manually edit the NAME.list file. The kreg command must be invoked from the root (/) directory. The command can be used only for subsets that are loaded by using the setld command. Also, you must be superuser to use the kreg command. FILES
Contains kernel layered product information. Used to extend the kernel configuration files. SEE ALSO
Commands: doconfig(8), setld(8) System Administration kreg(8)