Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Understanding the code
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Understanding the code Post 302382738 by Ariean on Thursday 24th of December 2009 06:15:26 PM
Old 12-24-2009
Understanding the code

hello all,

May i know what is this "DEBUG_ME $DEBUG_CMD main" doing in the below code. I am confused with alias also "alias DEBUG_ME='#'". Thanks for your help.

Code:
set -x
alias DEBUG_ME='#'
if [ -f "/product/apps/informatica/v7/pc/ExtProc/debug.ksh" ] ; then
    . /product/apps/informatica/v7/pc/ExtProc/debug.ksh "$1"
fi

# Declaring the Variables used
FEED="$1"
UNAME=`uname -n`

DEBUG_ME $DEBUG_CMD main

INFORMATICA="/product/apps/informatica/v7"
EXTPROC="/product/apps/informatica/v7/pc/ExtProc"
TGT_DIR="/product/apps/informatica/v7/pc/TgtFiles"
COMPLETE_FILE_SOURCE="/ADP_Impact_TT_Output"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Little Trouble Understanding some code...

Couple of questions as I try to decipher someones code who left... What would something coded like this do? IFS=: grep FIELD1 /Path/Path2/Param.fle | read LBL1 LBL2 USRID EADR SUBJ SERVERNAME CFGTBL DIR ERR=0 Param.fle contents.. FIELD1:FEI::FIELD2:dATAFIELD BATCH:MAIN SERVER......etc.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding Code in IF LOOP

Hello All, I would like to know and understand the difference between the below 3 IF loops and also if possible what are the different other parameters i could use other than those mentioed in the below lF LOOP conditions, appreciate your help. Thanks, Sam. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems understanding example code

I am really new to UNIX and programming in general and so apologies if this thread is a bit simple. I have searched and found a piece of sample code for a training program I am currently undertaking, but seeing as I am relatively new, I dont completely understand how it works. Here is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Makaer
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems understanding example code

I am really new to UNIX and programming in general and so apologies if this thread is a bit simple. I have searched and found a piece of sample code for a training program I am currently undertaking, but seeing as I am relatively new, I dont completely understand how it works. Here is the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makaer
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding Perl code.

Well, I found myself trying to fix some Perl code (Ive never done any Perl in my life) and I pinpointed the place where the bug could be. But to be sure I have to know what does a few line of code mean: $files_lim =~ (/^\d*$/) $files_lim =~ (/^\d*h$/)$files_age =~ s/h//The code where this was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding some Perl code.

Well, I found myself trying to fix some Perl code (Ive never done any Perl in my life) and I pinpointed the place where the bug could be. But to be sure I have to know what does a few line of code mean: $files_lim =~ (/^\d*$/) $files_lim =~ (/^\d*h$/) $files_age =~ s/h// The code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
2 Replies

7. Programming

Understanding perl code

What is the difference between the two statements below? A: $a->{"$fruit"}->{"$color"}->{size} = $size B: $size = $a->{"$fruit"}->{"$color"}->{size} Please assist. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: onlinelearner02
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with perl code understanding

Hi, I need to understand below perl code, can some one advise me. perl -MDate::Parse -e'BEGIN{$main::now=time;$main::old=(time-60*30)}' -nE'if(/^(\w+\s+\d+\s+\d+:\d+:\d+)/) {$t=str2time $1; $t > $old && $t < $now && print}' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Help understanding this code!!

Hi guys, I am still learning awk and much apprecated to shed some light on the following: the questions asked is below! { total = i = 0 do { ++i total += $i } while ( total <= 100 ) print i, ":", total } File used: cat test.do 45 25 60 20 10 105 50 40 33 5 9 67 108 3 5 4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apollo
2 Replies

10. Programming

Understanding Assembly Code

As the title suggests, I want to better understand the following assembly code: section .text global main ; must be declared for linker (gcc) main: ; tell linker entry point mov edx, len ; message length mov ecx, msg ; message to write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
2 Replies
GNOTE(1)						       GNOME User's Manuals							  GNOTE(1)

NAME
gnote - A simple note-taking application for Gnome SYNOPSIS
gnote [OPTION] ... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the gnote command. Gnote is a desktop note-taking application for Linux and Unix. Simple and easy to use, but with potential to help you organize the ideas and information you deal with every day. Gnote's usefulness lies in the ability to relate notes and ideas together, using a WikiWiki-like linking system. When run without any options, either a Search All Notes window or the Gnote note menu appears in the notification tray area depending on configuration. Selecting a note from a list in Search All Notes or from the menu from notification area displays the note's spatial win- dow. Changes to notes are saved automatically. Links to URLs, files, and other notes are detected as you type. Rich editing such as highlight- ing, bold, italics, undo/redo, and variable font sizes are supported. Global keybindings exist to allow fast access to Gnote notes and dialogs. These keybindings are set in GConf (see below) and may be acti- vated from any application. OPTIONS
The program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with options starting with two dashes (`--'). A summary of options are included below. --new-note Create and display a new note. --new-note TITLE Create and display a new note with the title given. --open-note TITLE/URL Display the existing note matching TITLE or URL. --start-here Display the "Start Here" note. --highlight-search TEXT Search and highlight TEXT in the opened note. --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of program. GCONF SETTINGS
Gnote has several preference settings stored in GConf. Changes to Settings are applied instantly to any running Gnote instance. A summary of the GConf settings and their purpose are described below. /apps/gnote/global_keybindings/open_start_here Global X keybinding for displaying the "Start Here" note. The default keybinding is <Alt>F11. /apps/gnote/global_keybindings/show_note_menu Global X keybinding for displaying the Gnote applet's note menu. The default keybinding is <Alt>F12. /apps/gnote/global_keybindings/create_new_note Global X keybinding for creating and displaying a new note. /apps/gnote/global_keybindings/open_recent_changes Global X keybinding for opening the recent changes dialog. /apps/gnote/global_keybindings/open_search Global X keybinding for opening the note search dialog. SEE ALSO
http://live.gnome.org/Gnote/ BUGS
Please enter bug reports in the Gnome Bugzilla bug tracker (http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Gnote). AUTHOR
Hubert Figuiere <hub@figuiere.net> This manual page was originally written by Luca Capello <luca@pca.it>. Adapted to Gnote by Hubert Figuiere gnome April 7, 2009 GNOTE(1)