Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Bad command error for date conversion Post 302382676 by jyothi_wipro on Thursday 24th of December 2009 08:47:07 AM
Old 12-24-2009
Its printing me the same format iam sending in that ie
date -u +"Thu Dec 24 00:01:00 EST 2009"

result is Thu Dec 24 00:01:00 EST 2009.

But i want that to convert it into milliseconds ie i want the output as 1261593060000.
Someone help me out.... Smilie
jyothi_wipro

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date conversion

Hi I want to convert MAY 05 2005 01:15:00PM date format to 2005/05/05 01:15:00PM . CAn somebody suggest me a code ,I am new to unix shell programming. Thanks Arif (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: mab_arif16
21 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date conversion

Hi, I have the string YYYYMMDDHHMMSS like 20090801204150 and I need to convert it using the unix command date in the format: date "Saturday, 1 August 2009 20:40:59" All in one single Unix line if this is possible. What's the correct syntax? Steve Hagi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hagimeno
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of date to Julian date

Hi Gurus, Need help in Conversion of date(2007-11-30) to Julian date(YYDDD)... '+%J' 2007-11-30 to 'YYDDD' Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeenuGuddu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date command output conversion

hi all, i need to measure time difference between the time a process started, to the time it ended. i am assuming the following are the steps: 1. output 'date' command at start time 2. output 'date' command at end time 3. subtract the two question is, how do i subtract the two time... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rathajs
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian date to Calendar date conversion

Hi all, I require to convert julian date to normal calander date in unix for eg julian date=122 now i want corresponding calander date ---------------------------------------- gr8 if give very small command/script and please explain the steps as well(imp) Thanks ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date conversion

Trying to convert dates using a Perl Script but it has to accept formats like 3 letter month, day and year like Nov 02 2010 or 1/4/11 or 21 Feb 2011 and have it convert to something like October 20, 2011. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reduxeffect81
2 Replies

8. AIX

Date Conversion

Hi, I would like to change the incoming date format (Jun 25 2010) to 06/25/2010. I have seen date "dconv" function but i am not sure how that works. $ echo "Jun 25 2010" | nawk ' { months=" JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec";date=$1;month=index(months,substr($1,1,3))/3; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth B
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Date conversion

Hi , we have a string with yyyymmdd format . how to know which date it is ? example:20120712-->sunday 20150228-->saturday 20140431-->invalid please suggest commands which work on below os : SunOS 5.10 shell: bash shell Thanks, Srinath. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinadhreddy27
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find command giving bad status error

In a fastload teradata utility I am trying to delete the files which are older than 30days using the find and rm command as following. find . -name 'xxx_*' -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} \; I expect it to delete all the files older than 30 days but sometimes it gives an error : find: bad status--... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stelkar
3 Replies
clacon.f(3)							      LAPACK							       clacon.f(3)

NAME
clacon.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine clacon (N, V, X, EST, KASE) CLACON Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine clacon (integerN, complex, dimension( n )V, complex, dimension( n )X, realEST, integerKASE) CLACON Purpose: CLACON estimates the 1-norm of a square, complex matrix A. Reverse communication is used for evaluating matrix-vector products. Parameters: N N is INTEGER The order of the matrix. N >= 1. V V is COMPLEX array, dimension (N) On the final return, V = A*W, where EST = norm(V)/norm(W) (W is not returned). X X is COMPLEX array, dimension (N) On an intermediate return, X should be overwritten by A * X, if KASE=1, A**H * X, if KASE=2, where A**H is the conjugate transpose of A, and CLACON must be re-called with all the other parameters unchanged. EST EST is REAL On entry with KASE = 1 or 2 and JUMP = 3, EST should be unchanged from the previous call to CLACON. On exit, EST is an estimate (a lower bound) for norm(A). KASE KASE is INTEGER On the initial call to CLACON, KASE should be 0. On an intermediate return, KASE will be 1 or 2, indicating whether X should be overwritten by A * X or A**H * X. On the final return from CLACON, KASE will again be 0. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Further Details: Originally named CONEST, dated March 16, 1988. Last modified: April, 1999 Contributors: Nick Higham, University of Manchester References: N.J. Higham, 'FORTRAN codes for estimating the one-norm of a real or complex matrix, with applications to condition estimation', ACM Trans. Math. Soft., vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 381-396, December 1988. Definition at line 115 of file clacon.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 clacon.f(3)