Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Dual boot XP and Centos 5.x using the NTLDR bootloader Post 302382565 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 23rd of December 2009 06:08:12 PM
Old 12-23-2009
One way is to use Grub4dos. Here is a Dual Booting Fedora (Windows XP already installed, NTLDR method which talks about Fedora but should equally apply to Centos.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual boot no more

Ok I had a windows and RH dual boot system and have now converted over completly to the linux system. How do I regain the other half of my drive? I cannot see it in the disk manager. what do I do to format so that i can mount it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macdonto
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Boot help...

Hi there! I have a laptop which I plan on installing a dual boot on with Windows and Linux. I have Windows 98 installed at the moment, and I also have a copy of Slackware 8. I talked to friend, and he said he had some problems installing a dual boot with linux on his laptop... So I just came... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satan404
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual Boot on HP-UX

Hy all Does anyone have Info on how to make a dual boot HP UX 10-20 HP UX 11 on a server ? Thanks in advance Olivier (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivier
3 Replies

4. BSD

dual boot

I have recently installed free bsd on my windows xp laptop so that now it is a dual boot system. It worked fine for the first couple of days, but now whenever I try to boot into windows it hangs, giving the message WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys, bsd however, loads fine. I was wondering either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elfhat
3 Replies

5. Linux

Dual-boot help

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a dual-boot machine with Linux (RH FC 5) and Unix (Solaris 10)? I currently have one OS (Linux RH FC 5) on one drive (master) and another OS (Unix - Solaris 10) on the other drive (slave). I am a little unsure of what to modify the grub.config file with,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trmn8r
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing centos dual boot with ubuntu

I have installed ubuntu desktop on my hard drive and I gave it all the hard drive. Now I want to repatriate the hard disk and give half of it to anther ext4. How do I do that? Can I do it fron with in the ubuntu? Second when I install the centos, how can I make to recognize the ubuntu and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual Ethernet in CentOS

Hi, I have to Centos 5.5 Server which hold two ethernet card as I wanted two networks to be interfaced with. One network has LAN connectivity, the other has internet connectivity on DHCP. I could not make both work on same time. I tried to set static ip on internet router, then LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maruthavanan
3 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Do you dual-boot with other os

When I first started using Linux (Ubuntu) I decided to just do a full install. The PC I installed it on, was full of viruses and to be honest, I was never good handling them. So, I decided to just go for it and install. Anyways I got another computer recently, a much newer one and I decided to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Grub Bootloader & CentOS

I'm clueless about Grub and having issues with CentOS6.6 that is installed on the box. It also has Windows 8.1 installed. I want to reinstall CentOS to version 7, but want to insure I don't wipe anything, and the bootloader remains as is, but includes the new CentOS installation. How do I go about... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
2 Replies

10. Linux

Centos 7.2 Convert single LVM to RAID Mirror Reinstall BootLoader

Hello, I am trying to convert a single-drive Centos 7.2 installation with LVM into a two-disk mdadm mirror with mrrored LVM. I was able to follow the excellent instructions at: http://www.dgoradia.com/creating-a-raid1-mirrored-on-an-existing-centos-on-lvm/and did create a two-disk mirror... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
1 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)