Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Mysql query reading a text file. Post 302382433 by jyothi_wipro on Wednesday 23rd of December 2009 08:01:08 AM
Old 12-23-2009
Thanks!! that was really exact what i wanted,without any struggle i could get the output which i required.
That was really helpful.Smilie
jyothi_wipro

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading text file

I have a text file with 50 munbers. I wanna read these numbers and append "@yahoo.com" and send emails to them using shell scripting.......... How do i read the inetegres from the text file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading text from a file

Guys, I am trying to read text from a file, into arrays. The format of the file is: @DATABASE femotest @PACKAGE_SPECS /usr/home/oracle92/sosa/scripts/test.pks /usr/home/oracle92/sosa/scripts/rep.pks @PACKAGE_BODIES ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiquidChild
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with reading text file

How can i have a while loop as follows while read inputline do <task> done < name_list and also store the values (delimited) on each line to temp variables so as to print them on screen as follows while read inputline do set name | cut -d "," -f1 name_list # #i know this is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bilal05
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading from a file and passing the value to a select query

Hi all, Here is my problem. I want to read data from a file and pass the variable to a select query. I tried but it doesn't seem to work. Please advise. Example below. FileName='filekey.txt' while read LINE do var=$LINE print "For File key $var" ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlplus -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
1 Replies

5. Programming

reading a text file in c++

hello all , im trying to read a text file and display its contents. While i got the code running and the output was displayed perfectly for sometime , i started getting Abort(core dump) error . Am i missing something here ? im using HP-UX. #include <iostream.h> #include <fstream.h> #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishy_85
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To extract query from a text file.

Hi, I've a txt file with the following contents: variable = "select name, emp_id, org_name " variable = variable + " from table_name where " variable = variable + " condition_1 = ABC and " variable = variable + " condition_2 = DEF " varaible = variable + " order by other condition " ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjun_arippa
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace query by reading the file

Hi Guys, I am having below file which holds data like this file.txt name,id,flag apple,1,Y apple,2,N mango,1,Y mango,2,Y I need to read the above file and frame a query like this hive -s -e "create apple_view as select 1 from main_table;" hive -s -e "create mango_view as select... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
11 Replies

8. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write MySQL query in text file and run in Linux?

I would like to call a .sql file from a .sh file in linux. The .sql file will contain queries to MySQL database. I am able to call the .sql file by running .sh file in linux, but the sql query is not working. Below is my syntax. The select statement is throwing below error. ./sample.sql: line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qytan
1 Replies
IFX_QUERY(3)								 1							      IFX_QUERY(3)

ifx_query - Send Informix query

SYNOPSIS
resource ifx_query (string $query, resource $link_identifier, [int $cursor_type], [mixed $blobidarray]) DESCRIPTION
Sends a $query to the currently active database on the server that's associated with the specified link identifier. For "select-type" queries a cursor is declared and opened. Non-select queries are "execute immediate". For either query type the number of (estimated or real) affected rows is saved for retrieval by ifx_affected_rows(3). If the contents of the TEXT (or BYTE) column allow it, you can also use ifx_textasvarchar(1) and ifx_byteasvarchar(1). This allows you to treat TEXT (or BYTE) columns just as if they were ordinary (but long) VARCHAR columns for select queries, and you don't need to bother with blob id's. With ifx_textasvarchar(0) or ifx_byteasvarchar(0) (the default situation), select queries will return BLOB columns as blob id's (integer value). You can get the value of the blob as a string or file with the blob functions (see below). PARAMETERS
o $query - The query string. o $link_identifier - The link identifier. o $cursor_def - This optional parameter allows you to make this a scroll and/or hold cursor. It's a bitmask and can be either IFX_SCROLL, IFX_HOLD, or both or'ed together. I you omit this parameter the cursor is a normal sequential cursor. o $blobidarray - If you have BLOB (BYTE or TEXT) columns in the query, you can add a $blobidarray parameter containing the corresponding "blob ids", and you should replace those columns with a "?" in the query text. RETURN VALUES
Returns valid Informix result identifier on success, or FALSE on errors. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Show all rows of the "orders" table as a HTML table <?php ifx_textasvarchar(1); // use "text mode" for blobs $res_id = ifx_query("select * from orders", $conn_id); if (! $res_id) { printf("Can't select orders : %s <br />%s<br /> ", ifx_error(), ifx_errormsg()); die; } ifx_htmltbl_result($res_id, "border="1""); ifx_free_result($res_id); ?> Example #2 Insert some values into the "catalog" table <?php // create blob id's for a byte and text column $textid = ifx_create_blob(0, 0, "Text column in memory"); $byteid = ifx_create_blob(1, 0, "Byte column in memory"); // store blob id's in a blobid array $blobidarray[] = $textid; $blobidarray[] = $byteid; // launch query $query = "insert into catalog (stock_num, manu_code, " . "cat_descr,cat_picture) values(1,'HRO',?,?)"; $res_id = ifx_query($query, $conn_id, $blobidarray); if (! $res_id) { /* ... error ... */ } // free result id ifx_free_result($res_id); ?> SEE ALSO
ifx_connect(3). PHP Documentation Group IFX_QUERY(3)