Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Whole word with sed?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Whole word with sed? Post 302382365 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 23rd of December 2009 05:28:57 AM
Old 12-23-2009
Or:
Code:
$ echo 'http://svn.company.com/svn/abcd/trunk/counter/counter.c'|
sed 's|.*/\(.*/\).*|\1|' 
counter/
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed for adding word

hello i have a file (myfile) contains line as follows /home/mytarget/myproject i want to add a pattern at the end of this line. my pattern is- /.*mk i want like it - /home/mytarget/myproject/*.mk i tried sed like sed 's/$//*.mk/' myfile > newfilename, but not wrking. pls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shailesh_arya
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

whole word substitution in SED

I am trying to substitute something with sed and what I want is to substitute a whole word and not part of a word. ie sed 's/class/room/g' filename will substitute both class and classes into room and roomes which is not what i want Grep for instance can use the -w option or <> grep -w... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gikay01
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word wrap with sed

Hi, I got some timetable in a file but it is all mixed up like this 01:00 hgrtwhrt #104:00 tyergethr05:00 tqqrthd qrth #107:00 qhtrhqerth10:00 qerthrthqr qtrqthr qthrrt11:00 thqrthqrthrr rthgreth #212:00 trhrthrth14:00 wrthwrtwrqrthwrthwr #2116:00 trqhthtr: rthrthr17:00 rtwhtrhwrth rthwrt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract word using sed

Hello, I am new to sed and am trying to extract a word using sed. for example i have a line "const TotalAmount& getTotalAmount() const; " in the file test.txt I am trying to extract getTotalAmount() from the line. For this i tried cat test.txt | sed -n 's/.*get*\(\)//p But... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasbala
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace word with sed

Hi there.! I'm trying to make a script that corrects wrong spelling. I want to use sed to replace wrong word with the correct one, but this must be made in a while loop that reads the wrong word from file (with read line) and the correct one from another file. I can't find a way to run sed like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiii
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print line starts with specific word and contains specific word using sed?

Hi, I have gone through may posts and dint find exact solution for my requirement. I have file which consists below data and same file have lot of other data. <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='YES' NAME='m_TASK_UPDATE' OBJECTVERSION ='1'> <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='NO'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word using sed

Hi, I have the following line in file1 export NAME="NEW_NAME" I'm writing a shell script which reads the NEW_NAME from the user and replace in the file. I have used the following command for that read Name_replace sed -i 's/NEW_NAME/$Name_replace/' file1 but it is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthdoss
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove word with sed

How can I use sed or any utility to remove any word that begins with TRS-, I have tried sed 's/ERA.*//g' but seems not to be working Input: 23 TRS-458-9 345 235 45 TRS-42-5 423 000 76 300 234 Output: 23 345 235 45 423 000 76 300 234 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a particular word with another word in all the xml's under a particular directory with sed

Hi Folks, Could you please advise what will be the SED command to replace a word in all xml's under a particular directory for example let say I rite now at the following below location $ cd /ter/rap/config now under config directory there will be lots of xml file , now my objective is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies
SVN-INJECT(1)							 Command reference						     SVN-INJECT(1)

NAME
svn-inject - puts a Debian source package into Subversion repository SYNOPSIS
svn-inject [options] package.dsc repository_URL OPTIONS
svn-inject accepts the following options on the command-line: -h print the help menu -v Make the command output verbose Default: Off. -q Hide less important messages Default: Off. -l Layout type. 1 (default) means package/{trunk,tags,branches,...} scheme, 2 means the {trunk,tags,branches,...}/package scheme. Default: 1 -t directory Specify the directory where the .orig.tar.gz files are stored on the local machine. Default: Off. -d | --do-like=directory Looks at the working directory of some other package and uses its base URL, tarball storage directory and similar checkout target directory. Default: Off. -c number Checkout nothing (0), trunk directory (1) or everything (2) when the work is done. Default: 1 -o Only keep modified files under SVN control (including the debian/ directory), track only parts of upstream branch Default: Off. -O | --no-branches Do not create the branches subdirectory at all. This works in a similar way to -o but all changes on upstream files (e.g. meta changes like updating the config.guess and config.sub files) are ignored and the upstream branch is not used. Default: use branches/. -s By default, svn-inject used to create .svn/deb-layout after an inject operation if a checkout followed the inject. Since version 0.6.22 this behaviour is deprecated. With this parameter svn-inject will replicate the old behaviour. This option was provided since it can be useful when creating a local override file. Default: Off. -setprops -set-props Set svn-bp:* props on the debian directory automatically. Default: Off. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/svn-buildpackage/() The svn-buildpackage HOWTO manual svn-upgrade(1) upgrade source package from a new upstream revision. svn(1) Subversion command line client tool dpkg-buildpackage(1) Debian source package tools AUTHORS
Eduard Bloch This manual page was written by Eduard Bloch in roff. Goneri Le Bouder Converted manpages to SGML. Neil Williams Converted manpages to DocBook XML and current Debian maintainer COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Eduard Bloch Release: 0.8.2 May 2009 SVN-INJECT(1)