Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to start/stop processes
Operating Systems Solaris How to start/stop processes Post 302382174 by suneelieg on Tuesday 22nd of December 2009 12:02:05 PM
Old 12-22-2009
Thanks my dear brother for your nice reply.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Start/Stop Script

I'm a newbie to the Unix world Help! I have to maintain a host of Sybase database servers sitting on Unix Sun Solaris 8...I've been tasked with finding/creating a way to auto start/stop Unix via unix commands, specifically when the Unix servers need to be restarted we want Sybase to start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjv1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop/Start proftpd

Hi everyone, I was wondering how to configure ftp access for one user when I found this board. After some searches I found my infos around proftpd (and the great config file proftpd.conf who answered to all my dreams...) but now I only need to stop proftpd and restart it (I guess it is needed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lomic
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking before start and stop processes

Hi, I have 2 start and stop sh. Start sh -------- This will start few processes. Example code: echo "start process : lgz200 /pipe=test_jobs" nohup lgz200 /db=test/test1@test1 /pipe=test_jobs > ../log/lgz200_j.log & echo "echo \"stop process (pid=$!): lgz200 /pipe=test_jobs\"" >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maldini
3 Replies

4. AIX

Start Stop Apache

I am in the process of reorging my Lawson db. I need to turn off the RMI server...not a problem. However my instructions also state that I must also shutdown my Servlet Container....I believe it is Apache. I have looked in /usr/apache/bin/apachectl What is the command for stopping and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MILLERJ62
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to log start/stop time of ALL processes

Hi all, I joined this forum today and this is my first question. I thank you all for viewing it. I will try to be brief. The OS: HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 There are lot of cron scheduled perl scripts running on this server, which do different things at different time. Some of them process... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluesky099
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start Stop Restart

I'm wondering how I should make a script that can start, stop, and restart another script. What I need to be able to do, is start and stop a perl script from the command line. The easiest way of doing this seems to be to have another script, starting and stopping the other script. I have BASH,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bakes
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Servers Start and Stop

HI I am using below code to start and stop servers but it is not working ,how to run the script please suggest me ,if any errors in the script please let me know. #!/bin/bash IMS_START="/Webserver/AppServer/bin/startServer.sh" IMS_STOP="/Webserver/AppServer/bin/stopServer.sh" case "$1" in ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RG18173
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop/Start vs. Restart

Is there any functional difference between: issuing separate stop/start commands like this; super (handler) (instance) stop super (handler) (instance) start versus issuing a single recycle command like this; super (handler) (instance) restart (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newbix
3 Replies

9. SuSE

List of processes/ which ones to stop

Hi there, I've install a testserver with SLES 11.0! I'll install/test XEN + WebServer not all things at the moment! In a first time, I'd like to stop all unuse processes... but I don't understand all processes! As someone a list of all processes with his signification and which should/could... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

factor [start[stop]

Another question for you guys! This is so fun. So I am playing around with the factor operation. I read in "man factor" that you can actually print a list of primes in between a range, using the syntax factor ] However, every time I enter two values, it just returns the factored value.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: statichazard
1 Replies
killall(8)						      System Manager's Manual							killall(8)

NAME
killall - Terminates all processes started by the user, except the calling process SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/killall [- | [-]signal_name | -signal_number] /usr/sbin/killall -l FLAGS
The hyphen character (without an argument) sends a SIGTERM signal initially and then sends a SIGKILL signal to all processes that survive for 30 seconds after receipt of the first signal. This gives processes that catch the SIGTERM signal an opportunity to clean up. A signal name, optionally preceded by a hyphen, sends the specified signal to processes. The hyphen character (with a signal number argument) sends the specified signal, either a name, stripped of the SIG prefix (such as KILL), or a number (such as 9). For information about signal names and numbers, see the signal() system call. In the System V habitat, the optional signal number does not have to be preceded with a hyphen (-). Lists signal names in numerical order (as given in the /usr/include/signal.h file), stripped of the common SIG prefix. DESCRIPTION
This command provides a convenient means of killing all processes created by the shell that you control. When started by the superuser, the killall command kills all processes that can be terminated, except those processes that started it, the kernel processes, and processes 0 and 1 (init). Security Configuration This command is modified in all security configurations of the system. EXAMPLES
To stop all background processes that have started, enter: killall This sends all background processes signal 9 (the kill signal, also called SIGKILL). To stop all background processes, giving them a chance to clean up, enter: killall - This sends signal 15 (SIGTERM), waits 30 seconds, and then sends signal 9 (SIGKILL). To send a specific signal to the background processes, enter: killall -2 This sends signal 2 (SIGINT) to the background processes. To list the signal names in numerical order, stripped of the SIG prefix, enter: killall -l This displays a list of signals, which may vary from system to system. FILES
Specifies the command path RELATED INFORMATION
Calls: kill(2), sigaction(2), signal(2) delim off killall(8)