Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to start/stop processes
Operating Systems Solaris How to start/stop processes Post 302382174 by suneelieg on Tuesday 22nd of December 2009 12:02:05 PM
Old 12-22-2009
Thanks my dear brother for your nice reply.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Start/Stop Script

I'm a newbie to the Unix world Help! I have to maintain a host of Sybase database servers sitting on Unix Sun Solaris 8...I've been tasked with finding/creating a way to auto start/stop Unix via unix commands, specifically when the Unix servers need to be restarted we want Sybase to start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjv1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop/Start proftpd

Hi everyone, I was wondering how to configure ftp access for one user when I found this board. After some searches I found my infos around proftpd (and the great config file proftpd.conf who answered to all my dreams...) but now I only need to stop proftpd and restart it (I guess it is needed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lomic
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking before start and stop processes

Hi, I have 2 start and stop sh. Start sh -------- This will start few processes. Example code: echo "start process : lgz200 /pipe=test_jobs" nohup lgz200 /db=test/test1@test1 /pipe=test_jobs > ../log/lgz200_j.log & echo "echo \"stop process (pid=$!): lgz200 /pipe=test_jobs\"" >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maldini
3 Replies

4. AIX

Start Stop Apache

I am in the process of reorging my Lawson db. I need to turn off the RMI server...not a problem. However my instructions also state that I must also shutdown my Servlet Container....I believe it is Apache. I have looked in /usr/apache/bin/apachectl What is the command for stopping and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MILLERJ62
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to log start/stop time of ALL processes

Hi all, I joined this forum today and this is my first question. I thank you all for viewing it. I will try to be brief. The OS: HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 There are lot of cron scheduled perl scripts running on this server, which do different things at different time. Some of them process... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluesky099
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start Stop Restart

I'm wondering how I should make a script that can start, stop, and restart another script. What I need to be able to do, is start and stop a perl script from the command line. The easiest way of doing this seems to be to have another script, starting and stopping the other script. I have BASH,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bakes
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Servers Start and Stop

HI I am using below code to start and stop servers but it is not working ,how to run the script please suggest me ,if any errors in the script please let me know. #!/bin/bash IMS_START="/Webserver/AppServer/bin/startServer.sh" IMS_STOP="/Webserver/AppServer/bin/stopServer.sh" case "$1" in ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RG18173
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop/Start vs. Restart

Is there any functional difference between: issuing separate stop/start commands like this; super (handler) (instance) stop super (handler) (instance) start versus issuing a single recycle command like this; super (handler) (instance) restart (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newbix
3 Replies

9. SuSE

List of processes/ which ones to stop

Hi there, I've install a testserver with SLES 11.0! I'll install/test XEN + WebServer not all things at the moment! In a first time, I'd like to stop all unuse processes... but I don't understand all processes! As someone a list of all processes with his signification and which should/could... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

factor [start[stop]

Another question for you guys! This is so fun. So I am playing around with the factor operation. I read in "man factor" that you can actually print a list of primes in between a range, using the syntax factor ] However, every time I enter two values, it just returns the factored value.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: statichazard
1 Replies
SYSTEMD.KILL(5) 						   systemd.kill 						   SYSTEMD.KILL(5)

NAME
systemd.kill - Kill environment configuration SYNOPSIS
service.service, socket.socket, mount.mount, swap.swap DESCRIPTION
Unit configuration files for services, sockets, mount points and swap devices share a subset of configuration options which define the process killing parameters of spawned processes. This man page lists the configuration options shared by these four unit types. See systemd.unit(5) for the common options of all unit configuration files, and systemd.service(5), systemd.socket(5), systemd.swap(5) and systemd.mount(5) for more information on the specific unit configuration files. The execution specific configuration options are configured in the [Service], [Socket], [Mount], or [Swap] section, depending on the unit type. OPTIONS
KillMode= Specifies how processes of this service shall be killed. One of control-group, process, none. If set to control-group, all remaining processes in the control group of this unit will be terminated on unit stop (for services: after the stop command is executed, as configured with ExecStop=). If set to process, only the main process itself is killed. If set to none, no process is killed. In this case only the stop command will be executed on unit stop, but no process be killed otherwise. Processes remaining alive after stop are left in their control group and the control group continues to exist after stop unless it is empty. Defaults to control-group. Processes will first be terminated via SIGTERM (unless the signal to send is changed via KillSignal=). Optionally, this is immediately followed by a SIGHUP (if enabled with SendSIGHUP=). If then, after a delay (configured via the TimeoutStopSec= option), processes still remain, the termination request is repeated with the SIGKILL signal (unless this is disabled via the SendSIGKILL= option). See kill(2) for more information. KillSignal= Specifies which signal to use when killing a service. Defaults to SIGTERM. SendSIGHUP= Specifies whether to send SIGHUP to remaining processes immediately after sending the signal configured with KillSignal=. This is useful to indicate to shells and shell-like programs that their connection has been severed. Takes a boolean value. Defaults to "no". SendSIGKILL= Specifies whether to send SIGKILL to remaining processes after a timeout, if the normal shutdown procedure left processes of the service around. Takes a boolean value. Defaults to "yes". SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(8), journalctl(8), systemd.unit(5), systemd.service(5), systemd.socket(5), systemd.swap(5), systemd.mount(5), systemd.exec(5), systemd.directives(7) systemd 208 SYSTEMD.KILL(5)