Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nested If statement within Do / Done Post 302382149 by dalgibbard on Tuesday 22nd of December 2009 10:10:22 AM
Old 12-22-2009
MySQL

May i just say you are a legend!
I wasn't aware of the break/continue commands and that has sorted it straight out, replaced all dones (except for final, out of nest, one!) with continues and voila.

Thanks again for saving me hours of headache,
Darren.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested Arrays

Hi, I'm trying to implement nested arrays in ksh. i've the follwing arrays SRV=\ "SRV1 "\ "SRV2 " SRV1=\ "MD11 "\ "MD12 " SRV2=\ "MD21 "\ "MD22 " MD11=\ "ABC " (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guysporty
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

while read loop w/ a nested if statement - doesn't treat each entry individually

Hi - Trying to take a list of ldap suffixes in a file, run an ldapsearch command on them, then run a grep command to see if it's a match, if not, then flag that and send an email alert. The list file (ldaplist) would look like - *********** o=company a o=company b *********** **... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlefrog
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement - How to write a null statement

In my ksh script, if the conditions of a if statement are true, then do nothing; otherwise, execute some commands. How do I write the "do nothing" statement in the following example? Example: if (( "$x"="1" && "$y"="a" && "$z"="happy" )) then do nothing else command command fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

If-statement nested in case

I'm trying to write case statements with 'if statements' embedded inside of them. I'm using the korn shell but it's not functioning. If I want to see if a string exists in a file and then perform an action, what would be the best way to do this? For file "asg51fin" to delete a line if a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dazeman27
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl nested if statement

I'm just having a bit of trouble running this code. It tells me that there's a syntax error on line 29. Any help appreciated. #!/usr/bin/perl # # Phone Book Application # %phonebook = ( "Wayne", '34687368', "Home", '378643287', "Work", '017374637', "School",... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabaiste
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nested If in Unix

Hi!! LookVar=`find . -name "${input}" | wc -w` if then cd $input rm -f * ftp -n -i $HostName << EOF quote USER $User quote PASS $Password cd $Path SoLookVar=`find . -name "${input}" | wc -w` echo $SoLookVar if then cd $input mget ./* bye EOF chmod 775 ./* (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Afsana
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if else

Hi, i m trying to create script which logic is like below. if ; then x=`cat /tmp/testoutput.log | grep STOP | wc -l` y=`cat /tmp/testoutput.log | grep RUN | wc -l` if ; then echo "process stop" if ; then echo "process running " else echo "file not found" fi ----------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Nested If

I am having a problem with a nested if. I am sure I am overlooking something. I check for the existence of $Pidfl3 and it exists, o this condition I then want to check for the existence of a next file and remove it. The first if is executed, but on the second if I get test: argument expected. My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Charles Swart
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies
PPI::Statement::Package(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				PPI::Statement::Package(3)

NAME
PPI::Statement::Package - A package statement INHERITANCE
PPI::Statement::Package isa PPI::Statement isa PPI::Node isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
Most PPI::Statement subclasses are assigned based on the value of the first token or word found in the statement. When PPI encounters a statement starting with 'package', it converts it to a "PPI::Statement::Package" object. When working with package statements, please remember that packages only exist within their scope, and proper support for scoping has yet to be completed in PPI. However, if the immediate parent of the package statement is the top level PPI::Document object, then it can be considered to define everything found until the next top-level "file scoped" package statement. A file may, however, contain nested temporary package, in which case you are mostly on your own :) METHODS
"PPI::Statement::Package" has a number of methods in addition to the standard PPI::Statement, PPI::Node and PPI::Element methods. namespace Most package declarations are simple, and just look something like package Foo::Bar; The "namespace" method returns the name of the declared package, in the above case 'Foo::Bar'. It returns this exactly as written and does not attempt to clean up or resolve things like ::Foo to main::Foo. If the package statement is done any different way, it returns false. file_scoped Regardless of whether it is named or not, the "file_scoped" method will test to see if the package declaration is a top level "file scoped" statement or not, based on its location. In general, returns true if it is a "file scoped" package declaration with an immediate parent of the top level Document, or false if not. Note that if the PPI DOM tree does not have a PPI::Document object at as the root element, this will return false. Likewise, it will also return false if the root element is a PPI::Document::Fragment, as a fragment of a file does not represent a scope. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Statement::Package(3)