Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:" Post 302381986 by TonyFullerMalv on Monday 21st of December 2009 04:09:55 PM
Old 12-21-2009
I am more used to Solaris where I would use the ldd command to check that all the libraries are present and correct, the FAQ at:
2.27: Where can I find ldd for AIX?
says where ldd for AIX is available.

To use ldd(1) you would cd to where sudo lives and then run:
Code:
$ ldd ./sudo

This checks all the libraries are present, then run:
Code:
$ ldd -r ./sudo

This will check all the symbols are present, this will show you which libraries you require more up to date versions of.

To make a more up to date library files available to only sudo you can cheat and write a wrapper script that puts the directory where you have put the more up to date libraries first (not one of the normal library directories) in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then call sudo $@. This is a kludge in some folks opinions but it works!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to give non root user sudo to "crontab -l"

Does anyone know if this is possible? I want to give some users access to root's crontab but only with a read privilege. Is this possible to do or can only root or people with full root sudo view root's cron? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezoX
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing password with sudo user " permission denied"

HI All, I am using solaris i created a user adam and updated his permissions in vi sudoers file as follows adam ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWORD: ALL ........... when i create user by logging as sudo user . $ sudo useradd -d /home/kalyan -m -s /bin/sh kalyan sudo: not found ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sudo dd if=/dev/sdb1 of="disk-image"

sudo dd if=/dev/sdb1 of="disk-image" can anyone explain roughly to me is it this code do some recovery from /dev/sdb then output it to "disk-image" ? But then how can i access the "disk-image"? it cannot be read , and it told me its a binary file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: obanajunichiro
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to set up "sudo su -" to root with no need to type password?

Tittle has it.... Thanks friends... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

security problem with "sudo" for shutdown?

I am a UNIX user but not an admin. I am asking our admins to create a "sudo" command to allow shutting down our AIX workstations gracefully (without just pulling the plug). Is there a way to prevent the user from executing "shutdown" on another workstation or server on the network? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kg6iia
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Do I need to be "Sudo" user for file movement fr

Hi Experts Do I need to have "Sudo" privileges or user for file movement for file movement from one remote server to another or from local to remote server?:wall: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" { send "sudo su -\r" }"

Hi All, i am trying to ssh to a remote machine and execute certain command to remote machine through script. i am able to ssh but after its getting hung at the promt and after pressing ctrl +d i am gettin the out put as expect: spawn id exp5 not open while executing "expect "$" {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddharth shivh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explaining behaviour of sudo bash "$0" "$@";

I've found this script part on the stackoverflow: if ; then sudo bash "$0" "$@"; exit "$?"; fi I realized that sudo bash "$0" "$@"; is the only needed for me. But the strange thing happens when I move this line outside the IF statement: sudo bash "$0" "$@"; stops the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: boqsc
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

I misused: "sudo rm -rf /*"

Hey Guys, I have literally shot my myself in the head... I tried to use "sudo rm -rf /*" in Terminal (OSX); Unfortunately, I forgot cd Desktop. After I realized it, I was like :eek: After that i tried exit; but rm was a background command, so this did not work either... I came to late for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SuchtyTV
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"sudo su -" showing lot of information on OpenLDAP

Hello, I have configured new LDAP and new LDAP clients. When I do "sudo su -", it shows me lot of information, which is not required on screen. I am not sure, if any debug mode is enabled or from where it can be turned off. Please suggest, if it is know for you. -bash-3.2$ sudo su - sudo:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies
bioutil(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						bioutil(1)

NAME
bioutil -- tool for viewing/changing Touch ID configuration and listing/deleting enrolled fingerprints SYNOPSIS
bioutil {-r | -w [-f { 0 | 1 }] [-u { 0 | 1 }] [-a { 0 | 1 }]} | [-c] | [-p] | [-d <uid>] [-s] DESCRIPTION
bioutil provides the possibility of viewing and changing Touch ID configuration, both system-wide and user-specific. It also allows listing and deleting enrolled fingerprints. OPTIONS
-r, --read Read Touch ID configuration. -w, --write Write Touch ID configuration. -s, --system Indicates that system-wide configuration is to be read/written (user-specific configuration is the default) or that a system-wide list/delete operation is to be performed. -f, --function Enables (1) or disables (0) overall Touch ID functionality (system-wide configuration only). -u, --unlock Enables (1) or disables (0) Touch ID for unlock. -a, --applepay Enables (1) or disables (0) Touch ID for ApplePay (user-specific configuration only). -c, --count Provides number of enrolled fingerprints of the current user or of all users (when run with -s as an administrator) -p, --purge Deletes all enrolled fingerprints of the current user or of all users (when run with -s as an administrator) -d, --delete Deletes all enrolled fingerprints of the user with given user ID (must be run as an administrator) EXAMPLES
bioutil -r Reads Touch ID configuration for the current user. bioutil -r -s Reads system-wide Touch ID configuration. bioutil -w -u 1 Enables Touch ID for unlock for the current user. sudo bioutil -w -s -u 0 Disables Touch ID for unlock for the whole system. bioutil -c Prints the number of enrolled fingerprints of the current user. bioutil -p Deletes all enrolled fingerprints of the current user. sudo bioutil -c -s Prints numbers of enrolled fingerprints of all enrolled users. sudo bioutil -p -s Deletes all fingerprints from the system. sudo bioutil -s -d 501 Deletes all fingerprints of user 501. Darwin May 31, 2019 Darwin