Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Member Reviews of the Movie: Avatar Post 302381913 by Neo on Monday 21st of December 2009 11:20:48 AM
Old 12-21-2009
Hey matrixmadhan!

I agree with your review.

Regarding the plot, I thought the "good versus evil thing" was too simplistic. The stereotyping of "corporate greed" and "the military mind" was almost childish, in my view. In addition, the scenes of the military space ships cruising into Pandora at seemingly 30 miles per hour were also quite crude.

I think a better plot would have been easy to create and the main shortcoming of the film was the almost childishly simple plot and crude stereotypes.

We need to think of some better plots for Pandora and the Avatars in this thread!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

where can i upload an image for avatar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royal
3 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Hi, I wanted to change my avatar, but I get the message You may not upload animated images. How come that this user has one? https://www.unix.com/members/3394.html https://www.unix.com/avatars/perderabo.gif All users are equal, but some are more equal than other? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ebbi
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

How to get an avatar to work?

I have uploaded a small image, 64x64 and about 5k in size, that was about a week ago, I still do not see my image when I post, or maybe I just can't see it and others can? It helps me scroll through threads and find my own posts easier, but on this forum it either doesn't show up for me or is just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Unix and Linux Product Reviews

Do you think it would be useful to have a section where members review products? Please vote and comment :b: Thanks! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
12 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Member Reviews of the Movie: Sherlock Holmes

In our last review post, members reviewed Avatar. Now, let's discuss Sherlock Holmes. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Amazon Censorship on Book Reviews

Dystopia.? Censorship? Bad AI? My audiobook review of Russian Roulette on Audible (an Amazon company) was the top rated "Most Helpful" review. The "Most Helpful" review rating was 65 of 76 as of yesterday, ranking it at the top of the reviews for this audiobook. Then today, Audible (an... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
jpeg2swf(1)							     swftools							       jpeg2swf(1)

NAME
jpeg2swf - Converts jpeg images to SWF. Synopsis jpeg2swf [-options [value]] imagefiles[.jpg]|[.jpeg] [...] DESCRIPTION
This tool converts jpeg image files into an SWF animation. It takes any number of input pictures, and converts them to SWF one-by-one, where every converted picture is a separate frame in the target SWF. OPTIONS
-o, --output outputfile Explicitly specify output file. (Otherwise, output will go to stdout / output.swf) -q, --quality quality Set compression quality (1-100, 1=worst, 100=best). This option can be set independently for each image. -r, --rate framerate Set movie framerate (frames per second) -z, --zlib zlib Use Flash MX (SWF 6) Zlib encoding for the output. The resulting SWF will be smaller, but not playable in Flash Plugins of Version 5 and below. -M, --mx Use Flash MX H.263 compression (use for correlated images) -x, --xoffset offset horizontally offset images by offset -y, --yoffset offset vertically offset images by offset -X, --width width Force movie width to width (default: autodetect) -Y, --height height Force movie height to height (default: autodetect) -T, --flashversion version Set flash file version to version -v, --verbose level Set verbose level to level (0=quiet, 1=default, 2=debug) -V, --version Print version information and exit -f, --fit-to-movie Fit images to movie size -e, --export assetname Make importable as asset with assetname AUTHORS
Rainer Bohme <rfxswf@reflex-studio.de> Matthias Kramm jpeg2swf February 2012 jpeg2swf(1)