Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP UX Syslog Analyzer
Operating Systems HP-UX HP UX Syslog Analyzer Post 302381896 by methyl on Monday 21st of December 2009 09:32:20 AM
Old 12-21-2009
HP sell HP Openview (aka VantagePoint) which includes a syslog monitor. Not as complicated as CA UniCenter but overkill for one log.
Personally I start a new syslog.log weekly and filter the routine dross before mailing the highlights daily for checking.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ACL Analyzer Script

Hello, I am trying to make a bash script that will analyze and document Cisco (router) ACLs that will output a file with the source, destination, protocol, and ports (ports of the destination only) into a text file. The whole reason why all our current ACLs need to be documented is because we... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Okema
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple website traffic analyzer

Hello everybody, I'm hosting several websites on the same server using apache virtual hosting: ~$ tail /etc/apache2/sites-available/default <VirtualHost *> ServerName website1.mydomain.com DocumentRoot /var/www/website1 </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost *> ServerName... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
5 Replies

3. Solaris

[REQ] tool analyzer for /var/adm/messages

hi all, i am trying to find a tool to analyze the var/adm/messages. is there any? thanks, Mahm. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahm_14
6 Replies

4. Solaris

graphical diskspace analyzer

Hi all, recently I took over the admin task for a solaris 5.10 machine. Being a little bit familiar with debian systems Solaris is up to now a complete mystery to me. The first thing I would like to have is a graphical diskspace analyzer. I mean something like BaoBab under gnome. I there a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sly_dunbar
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Best iptables log analyzer?

Hello all, i want to view my iptables log on web interface, with chart (in option, and this is not my priority). What is the best program for this? I have Ubuntu server. Thanks ! :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pacifiste95
0 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Centralized linux system log analyzer?!

Hello everyone! I`m searching for linux log parser application. I already find some ways, but the best looks logzilla. Requirements: Web interface for viewing Filtering in web Notifications in web or email Open source Support linux system logs, custom logs and apache logs. I will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabalv
5 Replies
Agent::Channel::Syslog(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Agent::Channel::Syslog(3pm)

NAME
Log::Agent::Channel::Syslog - syslog logging channel for Log::Agent::Logger SYNOPSIS
require Log::Agent::Channel::Syslog; my $channel = Log::Agent::Channel::Syslog->make( # Specific attributes -prefix => prefix, -facility => "user", -showpid => 1, -socktype => "unix", -logopt => "ndelay", ); DESCRIPTION
The syslog logging channels directs operations to syslog() via the Sys::Syslog(3) interface. The creation routine make() takes the following switches: "-facility" => facility Tell syslog() which facility to use (e.g. "user", "auth", "daemon"). Unlike the Sys::Syslog(3) interface, the facility is set once and for all: every message logged through this channel will use the same facility. "-logopt" => syslog options Specifies logging options, under the form of a string containing zero or more of the words ndelay, cons or nowait. "-prefix" => prefix The prefix here is syslog's identification string. "-showpid" => flag Set to true to have the PID of the process logged. It is false by default. "-socktype" => (unix | inet) Specifies the logging socket type to use. The default behaviour is to use Sys:Syslog's default. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <Raphael_Manfredi@pobox.com> SEE ALSO
Log::Agent::Logger(3). perl v5.10.0 2002-03-09 Agent::Channel::Syslog(3pm)