Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Help me in finding process name and argument list without using pstat() Post 302381815 by sardesh3 on Monday 21st of December 2009 01:06:43 AM
Old 12-21-2009
Help me in finding process name and argument list without using pstat()

Hi everybody,
I have an application which displayes the process name and argument list for that each and every process running on the system.
For this purpose the application used the pstat_getproc() method which fetches the structure pst_status.
By this method we get the programm name up to 15 bytes and argument list up to 64 bytes only.Smilie
Now if i want to display a longer programm name and a longer argument list (up to 255 bytes each) i must fetch them using some different method.
Kindly let me know if anybody knows the way in which this can be accomplished.
Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding process id

is there a way to find the process id of a process because i have same process invoked several times. when i need to kill them, i get confused with the id. Thanks, sskb :( (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

get CPU speed use pstat APIs

I get my CPU speed use pstat APIs use this program serach google and just test it #include <errno.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/pstat.h> #define CPU_ID 0 #define HZ_PER_MHZ 1000000 int main() { struct pst_processor pst; union pstun pu; ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
0 Replies

3. Linux

Need help in finding process

Hello, Iam running a apache webserver in CentOS recenlty a hacker has attacked my server using RFI attack and did something in my server.. After that everyday at 8Pm my httpd is using about 5000 pid's actually in normal it takes only about 30 - 40 pid's. and also exim uses 2000 pid's totally my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheeraj4uuu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the process id of the process using the ports

Hi Any idea how to get the process id of the process using the ports lsof -i :portnumber does not work in my machine. I am on sun Solaris SPARC. Any suggestion is highly appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kinny
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding * in command line argument

I have to write a script to determine whether given command line argument ($1) contains "*" symbol or not, if $1 does not contains "*" symbol add it to $1, otherwise show message "Symbol is not required". For e.g. If we called this script q5 then after giving , $ q5 /bin Here $1 is /bin, it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cynosure2009
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding process id of subsequent process

hi all, I am trying to find the process id of the subsequent process created via fork and exec calls in perl. For eg: envVarSetter dataCruncher.exe < input.txt > output.txt When I fork and exec the above command, it returns only the pid of envVarSetter and I don't know how to find the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding process which ended another process

Hello, The scenario is as follows, I have a background process running initially for which i know the PID on machine1. I use ssh from machine 2 to execute a script in machine 1. For some reason the back ground process is terminated. I would like to know which process caused the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasbala
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Argument list too long!!

Dear Experts, I have a list of 10K files in a directory. I am not able to execute any commands lile ls -lrt, awk, sed, mv, etc........ I wanna execute below command and get the output. How can I achieve it?? Pls help. root# awk -F'|' '$1 == 1' file_20120710* | wc -l /bin/awk: Argument list... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Argument list too long

Hi Team, Here's the situation. I have approximately 300000 to 500000 jpg files in /appl/abcd/work_dir mv /appl/abcd/work_dir /appl/abcd/process_dir The above move command will work if the jpg files count is close to 50000 (not sure). If the count is less this mv command holds good. But if... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying a list name as argument and using that list in script.

Is there a way I can specify the name of a list as an argument to a shell script and then use the values of that list name in the script? I need to do this WITHOUT using case statements. Something like this: check.sh list1 #!/bin/bash list1="www.amazon.com www.google.com"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gctaylor
9 Replies
XOpenOM(3)							  XLIB FUNCTIONS							XOpenOM(3)

NAME
XOpenOM, XCloseOM, XSetOMValues, XGetOMValues, XDisplayOfOM, XLocaleOfOM - open output methods SYNTAX
XOM XOpenOM(Display *display, XrmDatabase db, char *res_name, char *res_class); Status XCloseOM(XOM om); char *XSetOMValues(XOM om); char *XGetOMValues(XOM om); Display *XDisplayOfOM(XOM om); char *XLocaleOfOM(XOM om); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. db Specifies a pointer to the resource database. res_name Specifies the full resource name of the application. res_class Specifies the full class name of the application. om Specifies the output method. ... Specifies the variable length argument list to set or get XOM values. DESCRIPTION
The XOpenOM function opens an output method matching the current locale and modifiers specification. The current locale and modifiers are bound to the output method when XOpenOM is called. The locale associated with an output method cannot be changed. The specific output method to which this call will be routed is identified on the basis of the current locale and modifiers. XOpenOM will identify a default output method corresponding to the current locale. That default can be modified using XSetLocaleModifiers to set the output method modifier. The db argument is the resource database to be used by the output method for looking up resources that are private to the output method. It is not intended that this database be used to look up values that can be set as OC values in an output context. If db is NULL, no data- base is passed to the output method. The res_name and res_class arguments specify the resource name and class of the application. They are intended to be used as prefixes by the output method when looking up resources that are common to all output contexts that may be created for this output method. The charac- ters used for resource names and classes must be in the X Portable Character Set. The resources looked up are not fully specified if res_name or res_class is NULL. The res_name and res_class arguments are not assumed to exist beyond the call to XOpenOM. The specified resource database is assumed to exist for the lifetime of the output method. XOpenOM returns NULL if no output method could be opened. The XCloseOM function closes the specified output method. The XSetOMValues function presents a variable argument list programming interface for setting properties or features of the specified out- put method. This function returns NULL if it succeeds; otherwise, it returns the name of the first argument that could not be set. Xlib does not attempt to set arguments from the supplied list that follow the failed argument; all arguments in the list preceding the failed argument have been set correctly. No standard arguments are currently defined by Xlib. The XGetOMValues function presents a variable argument list programming interface for querying properties or features of the specified out- put method. This function returns NULL if it succeeds; otherwise, it returns the name of the first argument that could not be obtained. The XDisplayOfOM function returns the display associated with the specified output method. The XLocaleOfOM returns the locale associated with the specified output method. SEE ALSO
XCreateOC(3), XCreateFontSet(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XOpenOM(3)