Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk File pattern
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk File pattern Post 302381379 by Scrutinizer on Friday 18th of December 2009 03:12:47 AM
Old 12-18-2009
And this:
Code:
awk -F"|" '{if ($3/$5 % 10 != 0)  {printf "%s,%s|%.7f|%s|%s\n",$1,$2,$3,$4,$5}}' infile > outfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count the pattern in a file by awk

hello everybody, I have 3 files eg- sample1 sample2 sample3 each file contain word babu many times eg- cat sample1 babu amit msdfmdfkl babu abhi babu ruby amit babu I want to count only the count of babu ,how many times it appeared . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK match $1 $2 pattern in file 1 to $1 $2 pattern in file2

Hi, I have 2 files that I have modified to basically match each other, however I want to determine what (if any) line in file 1 does not exist in file 2. I need to match column $1 and $2 as a single string in file1 to $1 and $2 in file2 as these two columns create a match. I'm stuck in an AWK... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File by Pattern with File Names in Source File... Awk?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk get search pattern from a file.

Here Is a problem I am facing with awk. Query --> I want to search for a string in a file and print next 15 lines below the matched string. 1.We do not have GNU grep so cannot use grep -A or grep -B commands. 2. Instead of passing the search pattern as a string to awk. I want the awk to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: togotutor
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - writing matching pattern to a new file and deleting it from the current file

Hello , I have comma delimited file with over 20 fileds that i need to do some validations on. I have to check if certain fields are null and then write the line containing the null field into a new file and then delete the line from the current file. Can someone tell me how i could go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Pattern Match One File to Another

I want to read from file 1 and pattern match in file two and print field two from the next line. File 1: user1 user2 user3 File 2: name=user1 gud=12345 name=user2 gud=32456 I have this pattern hardcoded but can't work out how to pass file 1 to the pattern match: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: u20sr
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Big pattern file matching within another pattern file in awk or shell

Hi I need to do a patten match between files . I am new to shell scripting and have come up with this so far. It take 50 seconds to process files of 2mb size . I need to tune this code as file size will be around 50mb and need to save time. Main issue is that I need to search the pattern from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin_daharwal
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk -remove pattern from file

I have a file like this - I want to remove the 2015 (or any four digit #) from column $4 so I can get: Nov 05 1997 /ifs/inventory2/ for example. Im not sure how. Should I use an if statement with awk? Jan 16 2015 23:45 /ifs/sql_file Jan 16 2015 23:45 /ifs/sql_file Nov 05 2015 1997... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remove/grab lines from file with pattern from other file

Sorry for the weird title but i have the following problem. We have several files which have between 10000 and about 500000 lines in them. From these files we want to remove lines which contain a pattern which is located in another file (around 20000 lines, all EAN codes). We also want to get... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDohmen
28 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find pattern in file

Hi I am using awk to find the pattern from the file, but it is not displaying anything. Probably I am missing some syntax in expression. FILE xxxx.Merge.exchMon.BY.qTime 120 read xxxx.Merge.exchMon.BY.qStart 09:55 read... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
9 Replies
MAKE_SOCKDFC(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKE_SOCKDFC(8)

NAME
make_sockdfc - Generates frozen configuratyion file for SOCKS server SYNOPSIS
make_sockdfc [infile [outfile] ] DESCRIPTION
make_sockdfc reads in a plain-text configuration file for the SOCKS server and produces a frozen configuration file as the output. Both arguments are optional. The default for infile is /etc/sockd.conf; the default for outfile is /etc/sockd.fc. You may specify infile while omitting outfile, but you cannot specify outfile without also speficying infile. The contents of the frozen configuration file is essentially the memory image of the parsed input file. Using the frozen configuration file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS server program since it no longer has to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS server starts, it always looks for the frozen configuration file /etc/sockd.fc first. If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text configuration file /etc/sockd.conf. If you use frozen configuration, you must remember to run make_sockdfc every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS server will continue to use the frozen file of a previous configuration. To find out the contents of a frozen configuration file, use dump_sockdfc. FILES
/etc/sockd.fc, /etc/sockd.conf SEE ALSO
dump_sockdfc(8), sockd.conf(5), sockd.fc(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@best.com or yingda@esd.sgi.com May 6, 1996 MAKE_SOCKDFC(8)