Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Checking response of the web page? Post 302381225 by proactiveaditya on Thursday 17th of December 2009 01:54:04 PM
Old 12-17-2009
To check the response code of a web page use the command:
Code:
lwp-request -sd http://webpage

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Web Page

Hello, I am new to unix, but wanted to know how can we fetch data from a web page (i.e. an HTML Page), my requirement is to read an html page and wanted to create a flat file (text file) based on the contents available in the mentioned HTML page. Thanks Imtiaz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz
3 Replies

2. Programming

fetching a web page in C

Hello, I'm a total newbie to HTTP commands, so I'm not sure how to do this. What I'd like is to write a C program to fetch the contents of a html page of a given address. Could someone help with this? Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayne
4 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Get a web page through CLI

Is there a way we can get a web page through CLI on a unix machine? Please help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing to a web page

I have a shell script that runs periodic upgrades on machines. I want to print certain echo commands from the shell script onto a webpage. What command in shell should I use for doing this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking response from a web page

wget --spider --user=xxxx --password=xxxx "http://xxx.xxxx.com" > /dev/null 2>&1; I am using the above command in if loop to check the response of the page without downloading the page. I just want to check whether the page is up and running. But when i execute the command i am getting HTTP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Apache Web Server - Invalid Response

Hi, I have a SCO Unix Openserver V6 server which is hosting a website with Apache V1.3 as the http server. The web site has an initial login screen which re-directs to another page once the user name and password has been verified. When connecting to the website and trying to login, it times... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Martyn
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for Apache and serving a page

hi i was trying to run the HTML script and was unable to run it as the apache server was not loaded on my linux server.....how do i check whether A[pache has been installed in my server or not.....???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kullu
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Tshark/pcap and web-server response time

Hi everyone! How can I get response time difference between GET and HTTP/1.0 200 OK (i mean time latency of web-server) with using of tshark&shell or something else for each hostname from pcap file? What can you recommend me to do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lepetal
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Getting the response code and to know whether web site is loaded

Hi Guys, Is there any way that we can know whether a website is fullly loaded with Linux command line ?? is there any command in Linux that can achieve that ?? Also,naturally I would also like to get the response code of the particular website/URL that i am testing for ?? Any help would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_1990
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)