Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script to remove packages
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to remove packages Post 302380855 by fugitive on Wednesday 16th of December 2009 11:04:08 AM
Old 12-16-2009
script to remove packages

script to remove packages in solaris .. i want to create a script which run should remove the packaged listed in a file from the given server can anyone guide me .. i think i can do it with expect .. is there any other way to do it ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Remove orphaned packages on Solaris ?

Is there any command that removes orphaned packages in Solaris ? Or a program similar to gtkorphan from Debian ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinezu'
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to query packages from a http server.

Hello Unix Gurus, Does anybody have an idea on how to verify packages exist on a remote or ftp server connected through http. Here is my task at hand. We have a central repository in which we retrieve our packages. eg. http://packageserver/packages. What i have done is compiled a list of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Remove unwanted packages

I got a system which was installed with SUNWCXall cluster installed on it and i want remove unwanted software like GMNOME, Java Desktop System, Staroffice and numerous other softwares .. i want to do an automated removal of these packages where its uninstalled by itself ..from the is there any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to remove first character if it is zero

Hi All, I have a input like this. 01 i want the output like this. 1 But if the input file is like 11 i should not do anything. Can anyone please help to get a command to do this. thanks, Giri. ---------- Post updated at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:04 AM ----------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to remove duplicates

Hi I need a script that removes the duplicate records and write it to a new file for example I have a file named test.txt and it looks like abcd.23 abcd.24 abcd.25 qwer.25 qwer.26 qwer.98 I want to pick only $1 and compare with the next record and the output should be abcd.23... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
6 Replies

6. Slackware

Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua

Hi! Let me introduce a project for find and download Slackware packages and browse Slackware repositories. The site provides following features: * Large, daily updated database with RPM, DEB, TGZ, TXZ packages for well-known repositories of the Slackware, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Debian,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lystor
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to mv files and then remove

Hi Guys i'm looking for some help with creating a scripts: Background - I run alot of testing which creates huge files. This fills up the diskspace over 3 weeks so needs constant deleting. but generally, I keep forgetting!!! so every 3 weeks it fails lol. Basically i can't format the drive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: defamer
2 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Urgent request "remove all packages with dpkg"

Hi, this might sound somewhat weird, but I need a command to remove all packages on my machine with dpkg. I know dpkg -l will list all packages, but the troublemaker isn't on the list, and the problems started as I updated the program :wall:. Thanks in advance, I REALLY appreciate it :b: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to remove clients

I have a list of clients $ cat clientlist client1 client2 client3 client4 I need a script to read these clients from a file and list the contanining policies for each client ( one client may belong to more than one policy), then I'd like to remove the client from all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to remove spaces and mv a file

I've tried various solutions to move a file name with spaces and nothing seems to work. I need to take a date as input, prepend it to a filename with spaces then remove the spaces and mv the file to the new name. #!/bin/ksh # if (( $# != 1 )) then echo "Usage: `basename $0` <DATE> " ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: w_s_s
5 Replies
GO(1)							      General Commands Manual							     GO(1)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code SYNOPSIS
go command [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The Go distribution includes a command, named go, that automates the downloading, building, installation, and testing of Go packages and commands. COMMANDS
Each command is documented in its own manpage. For example, the build command is documented in go-build(1). The commands are: build compile packages and dependencies clean remove object files doc run godoc on package sources env print Go environment information fix run go tool fix on packages fmt run gofmt on package sources get download and install packages and dependencies install compile and install packages and dependencies list list packages run compile and run Go program test test packages tool run specified go tool version print Go version vet run go tool vet on packages EXAMPLES
TODO SEE ALSO
go-build(1), go-clean(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO(1)