Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to start rstatd Daemon
Operating Systems AIX How to start rstatd Daemon Post 302380372 by ITHelper on Tuesday 15th of December 2009 03:39:02 AM
Old 12-15-2009
How to start rstatd Daemon

guy's

How to start rstatd Daemon on AIX 6.1

as I enable it from etc/inetd.conf

then I refreshed it by this command refresh -s inetd but stil is not Active !

can some one advice in this !
ITHelper

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rpc.rstatd: incompatible...

Hi, I'm working with Mercury tools: Loadrunner, and I'm trying to monitor a unix server by rstatd, and I got next error: Mar 4 11:25:56 sacindt rpc.rstatd: incompatible to /proc. Could not read disk_io: data does any one have an idea about this.. regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toto2000ff
0 Replies

2. Linux

rstatd does not work

Hi, I'm working with Mercury tools: Loadrunner, and I'm trying to monitor a unix/linux box, the Loadrunner tool uses the rstatd, and I got next error: Mar 4 11:25:56 sacindt rpc.rstatd: incompatible to /proc. Could not read disk_io: data I'm trying to start that deamon, and I use the RUP to... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. Linux

where to put an application if i want to start it on start up

hi i want to know the way by which i put any file somewhere and it get s started when the system restarts or bots i mean whenever my system starts that application must also start thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shukla_chanchal
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

start rstatd deamon on unix

Hi, How can I start the rstatd deamon, and how can know if this is actually runing? (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Ubuntu

How can I automatically start a daemon at boot time.

Hi masters, I am still learning trades in kernel. I am trying to learn the basic of daemon programming. Can any one tell me how can I start a daemon automatically during boot up. I will be greatfull if anyone post some example code to the above task. Also what are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start program in background (or start crontab ahead of time)

Hey! I'm working on a script that will add a user, create some configfiles, and add a crontab for the user. The crontab looks like the following: @reboot /home/user/program config.conf & I would like for this process to start at the end of my script under the corresponding username by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Can't start NTOP service/daemon

I have installed version of ntop 4.0.3 by guide. But I can't start ntop daemon/service. I didn't find a service file for starting. During the installation there was no problem only want to RRDTool so I installed that. Now there is no necessary package required. I didn't find in /etc/init.d/... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
9 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

9. Infrastructure Monitoring

Need help getting Loadrunner to work with freeBSD system monitoring rstatd/rup/rsysinfo

Hi there, I'm trying to use loadrunner with freebsd system monitoring tools like rstatd/rup/rsysinfo, but I keep getting this error from loadrunner: Monitor name :UNIX Resources. Internal rpc error (error code:4). Machine: 192.168.1.15. Hint: Check that RPC on this machine is up and running.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: echan00
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting week start date and end date based on custom period start dates

Below are my custom period start and end dates based on a calender, these dates are placed in a file, for each period i need to split into three weeks for each period row, example is given below. Could you please help out to achieve solution through shell script.. File content: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
2 Replies
rpc.rstatd(1M)                                            System Administration Commands                                            rpc.rstatd(1M)

NAME
rpc.rstatd, rstatd - kernel statistics server SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/netsvc/rstat/rpc.rstatd DESCRIPTION
rpc.rstatd is a server which returns performance statistics obtained from the kernel. rup(1) uses rpc.rstatd to collect the uptime informa- tion that it displays. rpc.rstatd is an RPC service. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmds | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
rup(1), svcs(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), services(4), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
The rpc.rstatd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/rpc/rstat:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 4 Nov 2004 rpc.rstatd(1M)