Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Syslog config Issue.
Operating Systems Solaris Syslog config Issue. Post 302380328 by Hari_Ganesh on Monday 14th of December 2009 10:15:30 PM
Old 12-14-2009
Thank You. That worked.

HG

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Apache config issue

I want to build a little website on a Sun Blade 100 running Solaris 10. I just went out to apache.org and downloaded Unix Source: httpd-2.2.8.tar.gz After unpacking the tarball, I CD'd into the subdirectory and ran the configure utility. Of course, it crapped out. I see that it is... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrewDudeBob
17 Replies

2. Solaris

Tape drive config issue

I have a server/domain on a m5000 running Solaris 10. It is part of a cluster. The other cluster member sees tape drives, but this one does not. It is zoned correctly, and I can see the drives are binded in lputil. The st.conf, and devlink.tab are identical. ST.CONF: - # # Copyright... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pfwhufc
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with parsing config variables

I am using MKS tool kit on windows server. One config variable is defined in windows environment and I am trying to use that variable. # Below RootDir is defined in windows RootDir="\\f01\var" # in unix script details="$RootDir/src|$RootDir/tgt" src=`echo $details|awk -F '|' '{print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhukalyan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help with Postfix config issue - How to allow remote Exchange server to relay to my postfix

Hi guys One of our clients have a problem with sending email to a certain domain. No matter what we try, the mails just dont get delivered. What I did then, is created a new connector on their Exchange server, pointing all mail sent to their client at "domain1" to relay to our Postfix mail... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

DHCP config issue?

I searched the forum and found a similar question (https://www.unix.com/ip-networking/119108-dhcpd-related-questions.html), but my config is already utilizing the suggested fix... :( My setup: eth0 connected to Motorola DSL Modem via bridged mode (giving the public IP to the interface), IP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macwunder
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

8. Linux

issue on dynamic config script

I have one issue with my existing code.Actually i want to write parameter's at the end of the section not begin of section.please find my code snapshots... while read cfgfilename sectionname parameter do case "$cfgfilename" in cfgfilename) FILE=$HOME/config/$parameter unset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayan
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

10. Solaris

T4-2 - Memory DIMM issue - ldom config resets to factory-default

Which basically means the ldoms that were on there are not starting (not even showing). If I do ldm list-config it shows live config as next reboot. But, of course, next reboot it reverts back to factory default again. I must admit I'm wondering if its doing this becasue (with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
3 Replies
pnmdepth(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  pnmdepth(1)

NAME
pnmdepth - change the maxval in a portable anymap SYNOPSIS
pnmdepth newmaxval [pnmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable anymap as input. Scales all the pixel values, and writes out the image with the new maxval. Scaling the colors down to a smaller maxval will result in some loss of information. Be careful of off-by-one errors when choosing the new maxval. For instance, if you want the color values to be five bits wide, use a max- val of 31, not 32. One important use of pnmdepth is to convert a new format 2-byte-per-sample PNM file to the older 1-byte-per-sample format. Before April 2000, essentially all raw (binary) format PNM files had a maxval less than 256 and one byte per sample, and many programs may rely on that. If you specify a newmaxval less than 256, the resulting file should be readable by any program that worked with PNM files before April 2000. SEE ALSO
pnm(5), ppmquant(1), ppmdither(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 08 April 2000 pnmdepth(1)