Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed won't work
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed won't work Post 302380130 by f_o_555 on Monday 14th of December 2009 10:21:07 AM
Old 12-14-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn
How can you be sure that the search and replace strings are in the file?

After all:

Code:

SEARCH="95$$ 0 t"
REPLACE="95$$ 1 t"

$$ is the process ID of the current process. That could be anything.

If you meant literally two $ signs, then put the variables in single quotes.
that's correct two $ signs
it works now
thank you,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why won't this Work?

hey programmers! 1-why won't gcc accept as an argument? i tried the recommendations on the man page of getch(),..etc. nothing worked. 2-why it won't see <iostream> && <fstream> even if i implemented the function as follow std::cout<<"..etc"<<endl; 3-after i type this code in it gives... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbabeli
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple cron job won't work

I have a script in a directory -say users/me/test/ It looks like this: # "bkup" - copies specified files to the user's ~/Backup # directory after checking for name conflicts. a=$(date +%T) cp $1 ~/test/Backup/$1.$a It copies file.txt from current directory and timestamps the name of it of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coregan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ksh Why Won't IF Statement work?

I'm trying to figure out why this if statement won't work: if || $zipcount != 6 ]] then echo ${myline} echo "ZIPCODE WARNING! ${zipcode} ${zipcount}" fi if ]] then echo ${myline} echo "STATE WARNING!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: developncode
3 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Why won't the at command work in Mac OS X?

I typed: echo "echo hi > at_log.txt" | at now +1minute to test the at command on my terminal. I got the message: job 8 at Thu Feb 25 18:42:00 2010 I waited for a minute but nothing happened. I tried listing at_log.txt, but it said there was no such file. Am I doing something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenSolaris, Wireless won't work, help please!

I just installed a fork of opensolaris, and I really like it. I would hate going back to Ubuntu, But one issue, I cannot get my Dell Wireless 1450 Wireless USB Adapter working. On Ubuntu 10.4 I just installed nonfree firmware, but I guess it doesn't work that way on Solaris, any help would be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormos
5 Replies

6. Solaris

string extraction won't work. Why?

#!/usr/bin/ksh set -x testfile=my.test.file.flag echo ${testfile: (-4)} #/home/maldohe/scripts/spawn1& sleep 3 echo myspawn is now ending exit Background: I am trying to extract the word flag from anf given file name. This is a demo script that I am working on to fix a production issue.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
8 Replies

7. BSD

Install cd won't work

Hi! I'm sure that somebody here installed freeBSD from a download of a virtual disc (.iso). But I made 5 downloads of 5 differents freeBSD installation (and no one has worked).Can somebody tell me where to download and how (if needed) to prepare the cd? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxum
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pkill won't work on firefox anymore

Can someone tell me why pkill won't work on firefox anymore? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Images won't work?

Hello, Images won't work on UNIX when I try posting them on my website I'm working on. It doesn't show the image, and it's simply erroring. Help! Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yazan
5 Replies

10. IP Networking

NAT via iptables - Won't work!!

Hi guys I'm running on debian on a small embedded system. I have a ppp interface that is connected to the internet (and works). My unit also has wifi access point (which works and I can connect to it). I want to allow connections to the wifi to be able to use the internet from ppp0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alirezan1
1 Replies
ALTER TEXT SEARCH 
CONFIGURATION(7) SQL Commands ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION(7) NAME
ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION - change the definition of a text search configuration SYNOPSIS
ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION name ADD MAPPING FOR token_type [, ... ] WITH dictionary_name [, ... ] ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION name ALTER MAPPING FOR token_type [, ... ] WITH dictionary_name [, ... ] ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION name ALTER MAPPING REPLACE old_dictionary WITH new_dictionary ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION name ALTER MAPPING FOR token_type [, ... ] REPLACE old_dictionary WITH new_dictionary ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION name DROP MAPPING [ IF EXISTS ] FOR token_type [, ... ] ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION name RENAME TO newname ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION name OWNER TO newowner DESCRIPTION
ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION changes the definition of a text search configuration. You can modify its mappings from token types to dic- tionaries, or change the configuration's name or owner. You must be the owner of the configuration to use ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION. PARAMETERS
name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing text search configuration. token_type The name of a token type that is emitted by the configuration's parser. dictionary_name The name of a text search dictionary to be consulted for the specified token type(s). If multiple dictionaries are listed, they are consulted in the specified order. old_dictionary The name of a text search dictionary to be replaced in the mapping. new_dictionary The name of a text search dictionary to be substituted for old_dictionary. newname The new name of the text search configuration. newowner The new owner of the text search configuration. The ADD MAPPING FOR form installs a list of dictionaries to be consulted for the specified token type(s); it is an error if there is already a mapping for any of the token types. The ALTER MAPPING FOR form does the same, but first removing any existing mapping for those token types. The ALTER MAPPING REPLACE forms substitute new_dictionary for old_dictionary anywhere the latter appears. This is done for only the specified token types when FOR appears, or for all mappings of the configuration when it doesn't. The DROP MAPPING form removes all dictionaries for the specified token type(s), causing tokens of those types to be ignored by the text search configuration. It is an error if there is no mapping for the token types, unless IF EXISTS appears. EXAMPLES
The following example replaces the english dictionary with the swedish dictionary anywhere that english is used within my_config. ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION my_config ALTER MAPPING REPLACE english WITH swedish; COMPATIBILITY
There is no ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CREATE TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION [create_text_search_configuration(7)], DROP TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION [drop_text_search_configuration(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ALTER TEXT SEARCH CONFIGURATION(7)