Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem using echo command for text starting with / Post 302380075 by ironmask2004 on Monday 14th of December 2009 06:08:06 AM
Old 12-14-2009
change the SWITCHCHARS to be minus instead of /
Code:
set SWITCHCHARS=-

"(The slash, "/", may be used instead of a minus to introduce options. To pecify a different set of characters to introduce options, use the SWITCHCHARS environmental variable.)
Copyright (c) 1988-2009 by Hamilton Laboratories. All rights reserved."

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

x server starting problem

i have installed solaris 10 on PIII i Ghz cpu, whole installation carried out in GUI mode but after installation it is unable to start GUI mode. Error is : "X server can not be started on display 0" screed flickers twice and the CLI login prompt appears (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajays
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove lines in text starting with . (period)

how can i remove lines from a text file starting with . (a period) (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Movomito
11 Replies

3. AIX

Service starting Problem

Dear All, When i am start the service netd i am facing the problem 0513-015 The inetd Subsystem could not be started Please check subsystem resources and try again later. please suggest me. It is urgent (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo Variables and Text

I've been trying to get the syntax right so I can echo a $var and then text around it or after it. It either wont display text or $var or one overwrites the other at the beginning of the line. Trying to do something like this. var=1 echo $var"+1.1" #output expected 1+1.1 Its an older... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Session starting problem

When i start a CDE session on Solaris 9 it starts the Gnome desktop for like five minutes with nothing on the screen except the background then it enters the CDE environment and when I enter (new session) Gnome environment it takes 5 to 10 minutes then the session starts so I wounder why it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkman
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with suppressed output to file using echo and tee command

Hi, When I run the following command in terminal it works. The string TEST is appended to a file silently. echo TEST | tee -a file.txt &>/dev/null However, when I paste this same line to a file, say shell1.sh, and use bourne shell . I run this file in terminal, ./shell1.sh. However I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shahanali
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort text file starting at column X

Hello everyone! As the heading reads, I would like to sort the lines of a text file, starting at a specific column (i.e. skip the first X characters of each line). What I’m actually trying to sort is the md5 sums file of a directory. Every time I copy a new file to that directory, I perform... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iznogoud
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with echo command

I am trying to get ascii file using echo command, e.g. - echo "\050" It is correctly working on RHEL 4 but not in RHEL 5. Please help me to fix the issue. ## Working as expected in RHEL 4 $ lsb_release -d Description: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 8) $ echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

Problem with starting

Dear all Once i try to change some configuration files for internet connections and after that i have problem to start the system. it get to at logo of HP UX and repeat the same starting procedure all the time. What can i do here? I am beginner at HP UX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panoupanou
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Change text color from echo command?

I have a bash script that starts and stops a game among other things through in.fifo and out.fifo In game the text comes out gray . Kinda hard to see in game window . I would like to change it to purple and maybe capitalize it. #!/bin/bash #nwservctl.sh cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 222222quick
5 Replies
ROUND(3)								 1								  ROUND(3)

round - Rounds a float

SYNOPSIS
float round (float $val, [int $precision], [int $mode = PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the rounded value of $val to specified $precision (number of digits after the decimal point). $precision can also be negative or zero (default). Note PHP doesn't handle strings like "12,300.2" correctly by default. See converting from strings. PARAMETERS
o $val - The value to round o $precision - The optional number of decimal digits to round to. o $mode - Use one of the following constants to specify the mode in which rounding occurs. +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Constant | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | | | | PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP | | | | | | | Round $val up to $precision decimal places away | | | from zero, when it is half way there. Making 1.5 | | | into 2 and -1.5 into -2. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN | | | | | | | Round $val down to $precision decimal places | | | towards zero, when it is half way there. Making | | | 1.5 into 1 and -1.5 into -1. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next even value. | | | | | | | |PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD | | | | | | | Round $val to $precision decimal places towards | | | the next odd value. | | | | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ RETURN VALUES
The rounded value EXAMPLES
Example #1 round(3) examples <?php echo round(3.4); // 3 echo round(3.5); // 4 echo round(3.6); // 4 echo round(3.6, 0); // 4 echo round(1.95583, 2); // 1.96 echo round(1241757, -3); // 1242000 echo round(5.045, 2); // 5.05 echo round(5.055, 2); // 5.06 ?> Example #2 $mode examples <?php echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 9 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 10 echo round(9.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 9 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 8 echo round(8.5, 0, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 9 ?> Example #3 $mode with precision examples <?php /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_UP); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_DOWN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.6 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.6 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_EVEN); // -1.5 /* Using PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD with 1 decimal digit precision */ echo round( 1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round( 1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // 1.5 echo round(-1.55, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 echo round(-1.54, 1, PHP_ROUND_HALF_ODD); // -1.5 ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | The $mode parameter was introduced. | | | | | 5.2.7 | | | | | | | The inner workings of round(3) was changed to | | | conform to the C99 standard. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ceil(3), floor(3), number_format(3). PHP Documentation Group ROUND(3)