Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Flash archive with VxVM
Operating Systems Solaris Flash archive with VxVM Post 302379834 by reborg on Saturday 12th of December 2009 02:18:55 PM
Old 12-12-2009
It can be done but it takes a lot of work and will still be pretty unreliable.

The easiest way it to create the flar on an unencapsulated system then follow the procedure outlined in the jumpstart blueprint to encapsulate on first boot.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

web flash archive installation

I am trying to install Solaris 9 on our sun fire 280R using web start flash archive. The master system is a Sun fire v480 and has it root file system mirrored using Sun's disk suite. Both “Machine A” and “Machine B” have the same number of disks and of the same size The flash archive was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

2. Solaris

problem in creating flash archive

Dear all I am in a problem. I have created a master server on which I have install a Solaris 10 OS as well as Oracle 10g with some additional solaris packages. Now I want to create a flash archive of this server and install that flash archive on another server, so that the new server will have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flash Archive Retrival Method

Need a little help figuring out how to restore a .flar image using the Flash Archive Retrival Method. I am using Solaris 8 on a Sun V240. I boot the system using the Solaris 8 disk 1of2 and provide the necessary information asked. When the screen gets to the Flash Archive Retrival Method screen... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin1166
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flash Archive Retrival Method

Need a little help figuring out how to restore a .flar image using the Flash Archive Retrival Method. I am using Solaris 8 on a Sun V240. I boot the system using the Solaris 8 disk 1of2 and provide the necessary information asked. When the screen gets to the Flash Archive Retrival Method screen... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin1166
2 Replies

5. Solaris

creat flash archive

I want take a flash backup by flar command for specific files like: / , /boot, /tmp I am trying this command but its not working # flar -n archive1 -f /,/boot,/tmp -F -c /home/arc1.flar Please can any body help me __.____._ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmuqalled
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to convert .iso into flash archive

Hello Gururz, I downloaded sol-10-u7-ga-sparc-dvd.iso from Sun site Solaris Operating System - Get Solaris 10 But my jet build images are in .flar Could someone tell me how to convert .iso into .flar? Please help me on this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bullz26
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to install flash archive over the netwrok

Hi Gurus I've to install the flash archive over the network. The archive is created and directory has been shared, what else all i have to do. Once i go to install option on other system and choose FTP( flash archive only) . Will appreciate if some one can help me or directed me towards some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

8. Solaris

difference between flash archive and jumpstart

Hi, Can anyone explains me the difference between solaris flash archive and jumpstart installation. Both are used to install many systems frm a centralized location , correct me if am wrong,. Clear view on this is really appreciable. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Jump Start vs Flash Archive

Hi I'm trying to understand the difference between installation methods of Solaris 10, Jump Start vs Flash Archive ? thx for help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
6 Replies
SD_JOURNAL_GET_REALTIME_USEC(3) 			   sd_journal_get_realtime_usec 			   SD_JOURNAL_GET_REALTIME_USEC(3)

NAME
sd_journal_get_realtime_usec, sd_journal_get_monotonic_usec - Read timestamps from the current journal entry SYNOPSIS
#include <systemd/sd-journal.h> int sd_journal_get_realtime_usec(sd_journal* j, uint64_t* usec); int sd_journal_get_monotonic_usec(sd_journal* j, uint64_t* usec, sd_id128_t* boot_id); DESCRIPTION
sd_journal_get_realtime_usec() gets the realtime (wallclock) timestamp of the current journal entry. It takes two arguments: the journal context object and a pointer to a 64-bit unsigned integer to store the timestamp in. The timestamp is in microseconds since the epoch, i.e. CLOCK_REALTIME. sd_journal_get_monotonic_usec() gets the monotonic timestamp of the current journal entry. It takes three arguments: the journal context object, a pointer to a 64-bit unsigned integer to store the timestamp in, as well as a 128-bit ID buffer to store the boot ID of the monotonic timestamp. The timestamp is in microseconds since boot-up of the specific boot, i.e. CLOCK_MONOTONIC. Since the monotonic clock begins new with every reboot, it only defines a well-defined point in time when used together with an identifier identifying the boot. See sd_id128_get_boot(3) for more information. If the boot ID parameter is passed NULL, the function will fail if the monotonic timestamp of the current entry is not of the current system boot. Note that these functions will not work before sd_journal_next(3) (or related call) has been called at least once, in order to position the read pointer at a valid entry. RETURN VALUE
sd_journal_get_realtime_usec() and sd_journal_get_monotonic_usec() returns 0 on success or a negative errno-style error code. If the boot ID parameter was passed NULL and the monotonic timestamp of the current journal entry is not of the current system boot, -ESTALE is returned by sd_journal_get_monotonic_usec(). NOTES
The sd_journal_get_realtime_usec() and sd_journal_get_monotonic_usec() interfaces are available as a shared library, which can be compiled and linked to with the libsystemd-journal pkg-config(1) file. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), sd-journal(3), sd_journal_open(3), sd_journal_next(3), sd_journal_get_data(3), sd_id128_get_boot(3), clock_gettime(2), sd_journal_get_cutoff_realtime_usec(3) systemd 208 SD_JOURNAL_GET_REALTIME_USEC(3)