Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to grep the time of the mail received? Post 302379552 by thegeek on Friday 11th of December 2009 04:17:12 AM
Old 12-11-2009
can you please explain it further with an example ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting received mail in unix and another error

hello! when issuing the mail command to see my received mail, i get this error: (server)starla:/home/starla>mail Warning: Too many letters, overflowing letters concatenated msgcnt 27378 vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/vg00/lvol4 file system full (1 block extent) mail: no space for temp file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: starla0316
0 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Received all post on my mail addess

Hi neo, I am a resistered member of Forum. I want to received all post which posted by all members via mail address. Can this possible to me??? Can i receive all posts?? Thanks Yogesh Goyal (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogesh goyal
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the time of last file received?

Hi, Is there a way of looking at the last file received and checking whether it is more than 24 hours old? E.g. /Archive/Files/h/h0012345.dat I need to look in a directory, get the date of the processed file and make sure it wasn't more than a day ago. If it is more than 1 day ago I need... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebootman
9 Replies

4. AIX

Forwarding already received mail?

Greetings to all of you. I am a tad desperate here. I have found MANY articles scattered across the internet from google searches and unix.com searches for how to forward mail that say: Create a ~/.forward file and put XXXX in it. This is not what I need to do. We have bunch of users... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DennisC31
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unknown Attachment received on html mail

Hello, Getting an extra attachment when i send a mail using below code. The body and the rest of the attachments look very fine. The extra attachment to be exact has a name ATT00001.txt. :confused: This is not part of my $attach_list. BOUNDARY='------The Boundary-----' print - "From:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgop
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to get the date and time of mail which we get into our inbox using shell script?

Hello All, I need a script which extarct the date and time of the mail which is there in our inbox... I can export the mail copy into desktop making it as a textfile or something like that.. So is there anyway to get the date and time from that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Mail from mailx not received

Hi , I'm trying to send a mail from a sunOS machine that is within hp network to my email: eman.el-badawy@hp.com ,the user trying to send is 'project',,but seems the mail address can not be resolved checking /var/log/syslog i got the following: Dec 25 14:34:02 svddev15 sendmail: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eman_in_forum
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To trigger a mail if the files have been received

Hi All, i have a folder in which we receive 6 files daily. the file name will be appended with date for ex : files that we receive on 1/9/2013 will be like file1_20130108.txt.zip file1_20130108.txt file2_20130108.txt.zip file2_20130108.txt file3_20130108.txt.zip file3_20130108.txt the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke a shell script in case mail with a specific subject is received

Hello fellow forum members, I have a script which returns a date (I can design the script to return the value in email), How can I design the script in AIX to invoke another shell script which performs some set of actions. Procmail doesnt work in AIX. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find directory is getting files in every 10 mins, if not then when last time file received

Dears, I am looking for a script which will work as a watch directory. I ha directory which keep getting files in every 10 mins and some time delay. I want to monitor if the directory getting the files in every 10 mins if not captured the last received file time and calculate the delay. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
6 Replies
EDOS-DEBCHECK(1)					      General Commands Manual						  EDOS-DEBCHECK(1)

NAME
Edos-debcheck - Check satisfiability of Debian package dependencies SYNOPSIS
edos-debcheck [option] ... [package] ... DESCRIPTION
edos-debcheck reads from standard input a set of Debian package descriptions, each of which is in the format of deb-control(5). For instance, the Packages files as found on a Debian mirror server, or in the directory /var/lib/apt/lists/ of a Debian system, are suitable as input to edos-debcheck. Packages may appear with multiple versions in this set. We say that a package is identified in this set by the pair consisting of the pack- age name and of the package version. A package (called goal) is called installable with respect to a set of packages if there exists a subset of the packages that - contains at most one version for each package name - contains the goal package (in any version, or a specific version) - all packages of the subset have their dependencies and conflicts satisfied in this subset. Pre-depends are treated like Depends, and Breaks are treated like Conflicts. Debcheck checks whether every package given as argument is installable with respect to the input set of packages. Specific versions can be specified by following the package name with the sign '=' and the version of the package (for instance, 'xemacs21=21.4.17-1'). If no pack- age name is given as argument then all packages of the input set are checked for satisfiability. The constraint solving algorithm is complete, that is it finds a solution whenever there exists one, even for multiple disjunctive depen- dencies and deep package conflicts. This problem is computationally infeasible in theory (that is, NP-complete), but can in practice be solved very efficiently for Packages files occurring actually in Debian. OPTIONS
-i file Specify an additional input file containing stanzas in deb-control(5) format. These packages are checked for installability the same way as packages read from standard input. -I file Specify an additional input file containing stanzas in deb-control(5) format. These packages that are not checked for installabil- ity but only used for resolving dependencies. -explain Explain the results -rules Print generated rules -failures Only show failures -successes Only show successes -checkonly list where list is a comma-separated list of package names. Check only for installability of packages with name in list (of any avail- able version). This means that if a package does not exist in the input pool then the test passes (since all available versions are in that case installable). However, a warning is issued in case a package mentionend in list is not available. In the context of this option, a package of the form src:p expands to the list of all packages that stem from the source package p. -quiet Supress warnings and progress/timing messages -xml Output results in XML format -help, --help Display this list of options EXIT CODE
The exit code is 0 when all packages that were asked to be checked (either explicitly with the -checkonly option, or because they exist in the package pool file) are available and found to be installable, it is 1 when a least one of these packages is available but not instal- lable, and it is 2 when at least one of the packages is not available but all available packages are found to be installable. Hence, the exit code 2 can occur only when the -checkonly option is used. EXAMPLE
Check which packages in a particular distribution are not installable and why: edos-debcheck -failures -explain < Packages where Packages is the file pertaining to that distribution, as for instance found in the directory /var/lib/apt/lists. Check whether the xemacs21 and debhelper packages are installable in a distribution described by the file Packages: edos-debcheck -explain -checkonly xemacs21,debhelper < Packages Check whether the package bibtex2html, and all binary packages stemming from the ocaml source package, are installable edos-debcheck -explain -checkonly bibtex2html,src:ocaml < Packages AUTHOR
Edos-debcheck has been written by Jerome Vouillon for the EDOS project. This man-page has been compiled by Ralf Treinen. SEE ALSO
deb-control(5) <http://www.edos-project.org> is the home page of the EDOS project. edos-rpmcheck(1) is the analogous tool for rpm packages. EDOS
2009-08-18 EDOS-DEBCHECK(1)