Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check whether the web page is up without dowloading any content Post 302379395 by ahamed on Thursday 10th of December 2009 03:01:26 PM
Old 12-10-2009
Question

Hi

Code:
website="www.google.gnorky"
if ! wget --spider $website >/dev/null 2>&1; then
  echo Now I should send an email about $website
fi

for the above code what will be the response.since i am working in the production server i dont want to crash. I want to test the response of a page like http://www.yahoo.com. from the out put of the command i should be able to conclude wheather it is running the page is down

Last edited by pludi; 12-10-2009 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: removed link, code tags please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Web page hosting

I built my website based on Dreamweaver, on Windows platform. My server uses Unix, and the page doesn't look too good. Is there any way to solve this problem without too much of a headache? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PCL
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

making a web page

Hey im new to unix! I am tryin to create a web page in unix and have done it all but when i try and load it it says permission denied!?> i have chmod a+rx for folder and file to make sure but still permissions wont let me?! any ideas can anyone do a quick run through of how to make a web page... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashora
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Web Page

Hello, I am new to unix, but wanted to know how can we fetch data from a web page (i.e. an HTML Page), my requirement is to read an html page and wanted to create a flat file (text file) based on the contents available in the mentioned HTML page. Thanks Imtiaz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i make a web page

hey uhh this is my first post and i was wondering how do i make a web page for like a small business or something anything will help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neil Peart
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make a Web page

I'm 13 years of age and I am into computers. I am trying to learn how to make a webpage. I could use the help and I would greatly appriciate it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydia98
1 Replies

6. Programming

fetching a web page in C

Hello, I'm a total newbie to HTTP commands, so I'm not sure how to do this. What I'd like is to write a C program to fetch the contents of a html page of a given address. Could someone help with this? Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayne
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File to web page

Hi all, I am having an XML file. And as per requirement I need to map fields of this file with various field of web page. So how can I use wput command into it ? Regards, gander_ss (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
3 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Get a web page through CLI

Is there a way we can get a web page through CLI on a unix machine? Please help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

9. AIX

check web content - Ksh

Hi everybody! I wonder if I could see some text content of a website, via command line... That could be very helpful, in order to automatize a lot of projects im working on. thx a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Datinsky
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting web page content and deliver via mail

Guys could you please help. I want to have shell scripts that get the website html content and same time mail html page to DL. Can any1 help here? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnkitC
2 Replies
gnutls_psk_set_client_credentials_function(3)			      gnutls			     gnutls_psk_set_client_credentials_function(3)

NAME
gnutls_psk_set_client_credentials_function - Used to set a callback to retrieve the username and key SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/gnutls.h> void gnutls_psk_set_client_credentials_function(gnutls_psk_client_credentials_t cred, gnutls_psk_client_credentials_function * func); ARGUMENTS
gnutls_psk_client_credentials_t cred is a gnutls_psk_server_credentials_t structure. gnutls_psk_client_credentials_function * func is the callback function DESCRIPTION
This function can be used to set a callback to retrieve the username and password for client PSK authentication. The callback's function form is: int (*callback)(gnutls_session_t, char** username, gnutls_datum_t* key); The username and key->data must be allocated using gnutls_malloc(). username should be ASCII strings or UTF-8 strings prepared using the "SASLprep" profile of "stringprep". The callback function will be called once per handshake. The callback function should return 0 on success. -1 indicates an error. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ General help using GNU software: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. gnutls 2.8.6 gnutls_psk_set_client_credentials_function(3)