Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Input of char 's' is not possible anymore Post 302379223 by pludi on Thursday 10th of December 2009 12:57:36 AM
Old 12-10-2009
Because inputrc doesn't handle shell scripts, and even uses a completely different syntax. Quote from the LFS book:
Quote:
The inputrc file handles keyboard mapping for specific situations. This file is the startup file used by Readline — the input-related library — used by Bash and most other shells.
It's about telling the terminal that when you press the left arrow key, you want the cursor to move 1 character to the left.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't login as SU anymore - SU: NO SHELL

the root shell has been changed in the file /etc/passwd, basically pointing to an incorrect directory. So now every time we login as 'su' I get the message 'su: no shell' so we can't login as superuser. Is there an easy way to rectify this? please use step by step instructions/commands - I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homechoice
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace any char with newline char.

Hi, How to replace any character in a file with a newline character using sed .. Ex: To replace ',' with newline Input: abcd,efgh,ijkl,mnop Output: abcd efgh ijkl mnop Thnx in advance. Regards, Sasidhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mightysam
5 Replies

3. Programming

Adding a single char to a char pointer.

Hello, I'm trying to write a method which will return the extension of a file given the file's name, e.g. test.txt should return txt. I'm using C so am limited to char pointers and arrays. Here is the code as I have it: char* getext(char *file) { char *extension; int i, j;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallak7
5 Replies

4. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't SSH as root anymore!

I've screwed something up in my sshd_config apparently, because I can't ssh with root anymore. I had disabled root login for security reasons, but then my ssh credentials with full administrative privelges stopped working. So then I reenabled root login (and reset ssh), but root now isn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cquarry
3 Replies

6. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

7. Programming

I don't know how to replace input char with appropriate integer

Hi guys, I asked for help on programming forums and no one didn't helped me so I ask for help here. I am playing with some tasks from my book and I can't figure where did I get wrong. From the first program I get a blank screen, program won't generate 10*10 matrix. And second problem is I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
6 Replies

8. Slackware

Anyone Using Slackware Anymore?

We used to use Slackware, but then moved all our servers to Ubuntu Linux. Does anyone use Slackware anymore? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

9. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies
BNSTAT(1)							BNETD User's Manual							 BNSTAT(1)

NAME
bnstat - Battle.net statisics client SYNOPSIS
bnstat [options] [servername [serverport]] DESCRIPTION
bnstat is a simple Battle.net client emulator that can be used to gather player statistics. It is also compatible with FSGS servers, but has difficulty with real Battle.net servers. If no servername is specified, localhost is assumed. If no serverport is specified, 6112 is assumed. If no player is specified on the command line, bnstat(1) will connect to the server and prompt for one from stdin. All avaliable statistics for the emulated client type are formatted and displayed on stdout. OPTIONS
-b Causes bnstat to emulate a Brood Wars client. --client Causes bnstat to emulate a specific client. The following client tags are recognized: DRTL DSHR STAR SSHR SEXP W2BN. There are short options which may be used instead for the common clients. --bnetd Also attempt to gather bnetd(1) specific information. -d Causes bnstat to emulate a Diablo client. --fsgs Also attempt to gather FSGS specific information. -h --help --usage Print usage information and exit. -k --cdkey Causes bnstat to report an alternate key to the bnetd(1) server. -o --owner Causes bnstat to report an alternate owner to the bnetd(1) server. -p --player Gather statistics only for the specified player and then exit. This also avoids using login and terminal functions allowing it to be used in shell scripts. -s Causes bnstat to emulate a Starcraft client. -v --version Print its version number and exit. -w Causes bnstat to emulate a Warcraft II BNE client. NOTES
The current version is available with the bnetd distribution at: http://www.bnetd.org/ BUGS
This program assumes that the terminal will move to the beginning of the current line when the carriage return character (^M) is printed. It also assumes the backspace character (^H) will move one column to the left that character printed after that will replace those already on the screen. The terminal settings are not consulted for keybindings. The following are assumed: ^H delete the character to the left of the cursor ^J accept current line ^M (return) accept current line ^T transpose the last two characters ^W delete word to the left of the cursor ^U delete the whole input line ^[ (escape) cancel the current input line ^? (delete) delete the character to the left of the cursor SEE ALSO
bnetd(1) AUTHOR
Ross Combs (ross@bnetd.org) BNETD
11 June, 2000 BNSTAT(1)