Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Suggestion to replace a part of script Post 302379117 by Ajay_84 on Wednesday 9th of December 2009 02:47:04 PM
Old 12-09-2009
Java

@Scrutinizer
This option I guess will not work with me. Because make is returning some times exit code as 0(success) on errors too. I am not sure about how nor I can change make. So In my piece of code I am making sure that after meeting any kind of error while running make_command. I should be retuning exit code as 1.

The solution provided by you has assumption that make is retuning 1 on error and 0 on success but its not like that as mentioned above.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

suggestion on shell script on copy with xargs

Hi, i am trying to copy files except the latest, my script goes here #! /bin/bash # to copy control files to a local DR server # copy latest files of archive #modified on 26-03-2009 # --get today date dt=` date +"%Y_%m_%d"` --get yesterdays date adt=`(date --date='1 day ago'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a part of the string

Hi I need to Replace a part of string in between one complete string. For e.g.. in the file the value is as: jobnm_$code_xyz_001 In script we are having a variable code=$3, where $3=ab final output should be jobnm_ab_xyz_001. But it is not working. Your help will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace line and field using SED and/or AWK or some other suggestion

QUESTION 1: How do you replace a specific line (i.e. line 4) with a new user defined line (i.e. the contents of SAMS’s name, history, math and English grades have been set already). I have been attempting to use SED (FYI: I don’t have GNU SED) or AWK, but haven’t had any luck. FYI: I am using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - Replace just part of a single line in a file.....

Hey guy's.... I new here, But im working on a school project, and I am not really good at programming. In fact, this is the only programming class that I need because programming is not what I am majoring in. But I have everything done in this shell script except for this last part..... ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hxdrummerxc
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace part of folder(s)

I have a script that will output folders that all end with "x.deb". I want a shell script snippet that removes the "x.deb" from all those folders. Thanks in advance. (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
27 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suggestion with script to cleanup

I need help with sed and awk scripts to search for Symmetrix ID=000090009902 and then grep its child disk devices associated to the dead paths and display them only, so that those dead devices can be removed. test01:/#powermt display dev=all Pseudo name=hdiskpower0 Symmetrix ID=000090009902... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Suggestion

I am trying to get output for fcs0 fcs1 side by side with "Date" "FCAdapter_Name" "Last Reset" "DMA_Res" "Adapter_Count" "Command_Res" for all the captured output in fcstat.out Am I missing any thing below, as its just showing same values all the coloums: #!/usr/bin/ksh head -30 fcstat.out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need Help suggestion for script...

Using the korn shell in ubuntu or fedora, I need to compare two forms, each from different files and do the following, form-1 is the dominant form and must be compared to form-2, if the value in field1 of form-1 matches exactly the pre-filled in value in field1 of form2 then I display 'already... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smth333
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script suggestion

I have a file which looks like ant1 1,2,3,4 bat1 ant1 5,6,7,8 bat2 I would like to have an O/p as ant1 1 bat1 ant1 2 bat1 ant1 3 bat1 ant1 4 bat1 ant1 5 bat2 ant1 6 bat2 ant1 7 bat2 ant1 8 bat2 Is it possible. Thanks for any suggestion (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace part of string?

Hi Gurus, I need to replace part of string in file, the string format is below: I can use ABCD to find string, then replace values after "=" sign ABCD_XXX=value ABCD_YYY=value after replace ABCD_XXX=new_value ABCD_YYY=new_value my OS is SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-64 sun4v sparc sun4v ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
9 Replies
jrunscript(1)						      General Commands Manual						     jrunscript(1)

NAME
jrunscript - command line script shell SYNOPSIS
jrunscript [ options ] [ arguments... ] PARAMETERS
options Options, if used, should follow immediately after the command name. arguments Arguments, if used, should follow immediately after options or command name. DESCRIPTION
jrunscript is a command line script shell. jrunscript supports both an interactive (read-eval-print) mode and a batch (-f option) mode of script execution. This is a scripting language independent shell. By default, JavaScript is the language used, but the -l option can be used to specify a different language. Through Java to scripting language communication, jrunscript supports "exploratory programming" style. NOTE: This tool is experimental and may not be available in future versions of the JDK. OPTIONS
-classpath path Specify where to find the user's .class files that are accessed by the script. -cp path This is a synonym for -classpath path -Dname=value Set a Java system property. -Jflag Pass flag directly to the Java virtual machine on which jrunscript is run. -l language Use the specified scripting language. By default, JavaScript is used. Note that to use other scripting languages, you also need to spec- ify the corresponding script engine's jar file using -cp or -classpath option. -e script Evaluate the given script. This option can be used to run "one liner" scripts specified completely on the command line. -encoding encoding Specify the character encoding used while reading script files. -f script-file Evaluate the given script file (batch mode). -f - Read and evaluate a script from standard input (interactive mode). -help Output help message and exit. -? Output help message and exit. -q List all script engines available and exit. ARGUMENTS
If [arguments...] are present and if no -e or -f option is used, then the first argument is the script file and the rest of the arguments, if any, are passed as script arguments. If [arguments..] and -e or -f option are used, then all [arguments..] are passed as script argu- ments. If [arguments..], -e and -f are missing, interactive mode is used. Script arguments are available to a script in an engine variable named "arguments" of type String array. EXAMPLES
Executing inline scripts jrunscript -e "print('hello world')" jrunscript -e "cat('http://java.sun.com')" Use specified language and evaluate given script file jrunscript -l js -f test.js Interactive mode jrunscript js>print('hello world'); hello world js>34 + 55 89 js> thread(function() { print('hello world'); } hello world js> Run script file with script arguments jrunscript test.js arg1 arg2 arg3 test.js is script file to execute and arg1, arg2 and arg3 are passed to script as script arguments. Script can access these using "argu- ments" array. SEE ALSO
If JavaScript is used, then before evaluating any user defined script, jrunscript initializes certain built-in functions and objects. These JavaScript built-ins are documented in jsdocs. 06 Aug 2006 jrunscript(1)