Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Not mounted, no-driver USB device in terminal (how to access?) Post 302379008 by sontarieh on Wednesday 9th of December 2009 09:36:59 AM
Old 12-09-2009
mounting and accessing both to be done

thx! so far i see through the system profiler that the device is recognized, but have no idea how to mount it or access it. i know this is possible, but without a driver we have to use its device location code... and i have no idea how to tackle this.

just know that there are thousands of people around the world wanting to do the same, and one person that made it once, but fails to reply to the forum for more than a year now. so in a way this will benefit many people too... any puzzle peace is essential

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/packagelist/s8u7PkgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
1 Replies

2. Programming

Checking if device is mounted..

Hi, I want to check if a device is mounted before performing actual mount. I was able to check that using the below C code. But in C++ it is throwing the following error: " error: invalid conversion from `int' to `const char*' " C program just generated a warning message, but C++ throws... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
3 Replies

3. SuSE

External USB disk cannot be mounted

Hi, I am running Suse on a fujitsu server. The problem is that it will no fully load the usb external disk. When plugged in, dmesg shows that indeed a usb disk has been plugged in ,but gives no devpath e.g sda,sdb. lsusb shows the disk vendor (western digital) but nothing else.Whats goin on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulemsee
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 usb stick -> 2 mounted devices

Hello, i am using a solaris thinclient that tries to connecting to a terminalserver. (RDP) Everything works fine, but the usb redirection. If i put in a usb stick i always get 2 usb-drives mounted. If i look in /tmp/SUNWut/mnt/<name of the host> i see 2 devices. One with the name of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anarcy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lvrename to a mounted device

Hi, I wanted to rename a filesystem but I forgot to unmount it before running lvrename and now it is still visible when doing df -k old name device: /dev/mapper/vg01-MGRSTR3 mounted as /MGRSTR3 new name: /dev/mapper/vg01-mgrusr3 mounted as /mgrusr3 when trying to unmount the old one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galuzan
2 Replies
UMCS(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   UMCS(4)

NAME
umcs -- USB support for serial adapters based on the MCS7820 and MCS7840 chips SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device usb device ucom device umcs Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): umcs_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The umcs driver provides support for various multiport serial adapters based on the MosCom MCS7820 and MCS7840 chips. They are 2- or 4-port adapters with full-featured 16550-compatible UARTs and very flexible baud generators. Also, these chips support RS422/RS485 and IrDA opera- tions. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). Different ports on device are presented as sub-units, like /dev/ttyU0.1 and /dev/ttyU0.2. HARDWARE
The umcs driver was tested on the following adapters: o ST Lab U-360 two-port serial USB adapter o ST Lab U-400 four-port serial USB adapter SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The umcs driver appeared in ports since December of 2010. AUTHORS
The umcs driver was written by Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
This driver doesn't support access to any fine tunes of chip, like RS522/RS485 mode, non-standard baudrates, etc. BSD
February 25, 2012 BSD