Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Not mounted, no-driver USB device in terminal (how to access?) Post 302379008 by sontarieh on Wednesday 9th of December 2009 09:36:59 AM
Old 12-09-2009
mounting and accessing both to be done

thx! so far i see through the system profiler that the device is recognized, but have no idea how to mount it or access it. i know this is possible, but without a driver we have to use its device location code... and i have no idea how to tackle this.

just know that there are thousands of people around the world wanting to do the same, and one person that made it once, but fails to reply to the forum for more than a year now. so in a way this will benefit many people too... any puzzle peace is essential

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/packagelist/s8u7PkgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
1 Replies

2. Programming

Checking if device is mounted..

Hi, I want to check if a device is mounted before performing actual mount. I was able to check that using the below C code. But in C++ it is throwing the following error: " error: invalid conversion from `int' to `const char*' " C program just generated a warning message, but C++ throws... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
3 Replies

3. SuSE

External USB disk cannot be mounted

Hi, I am running Suse on a fujitsu server. The problem is that it will no fully load the usb external disk. When plugged in, dmesg shows that indeed a usb disk has been plugged in ,but gives no devpath e.g sda,sdb. lsusb shows the disk vendor (western digital) but nothing else.Whats goin on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulemsee
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 usb stick -> 2 mounted devices

Hello, i am using a solaris thinclient that tries to connecting to a terminalserver. (RDP) Everything works fine, but the usb redirection. If i put in a usb stick i always get 2 usb-drives mounted. If i look in /tmp/SUNWut/mnt/<name of the host> i see 2 devices. One with the name of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anarcy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lvrename to a mounted device

Hi, I wanted to rename a filesystem but I forgot to unmount it before running lvrename and now it is still visible when doing df -k old name device: /dev/mapper/vg01-MGRSTR3 mounted as /MGRSTR3 new name: /dev/mapper/vg01-mgrusr3 mounted as /mgrusr3 when trying to unmount the old one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galuzan
2 Replies
lofi(7D)							      Devices								  lofi(7D)

NAME
lofi - Loopback file driver DESCRIPTION
The lofi file driver exports a file as a block device. Reads and writes to the block device are translated to reads and writes on the underlying file. This is useful when the file contains a file system image. Exporting it as a block device through the lofi file driver allows normal system utilities to operate on the image through the block device (like fstyp(1M)fsck(1M), and mount(1M). This is useful for accessing CD-ROM and FAT floppy images. See lofiadm(1M) for examples. File block device entries are contained in /dev/lofi, while /dev/rlofi contains the character (or raw) device entries. Entries are in the form of decimal numbers which are assigned through lofiadm(1M). When created, these device entries are owned by root, in group sys, and have permissions 0600. While ownership, group, and permission settings can be altered, there are possible ramifications. See lofiadm(1M) for more information. FILES
/dev/lofictl Master control device /dev/lofi/n Block device for file n /dev/rlofi/n Character device for file n /kernel/drv/lofi 32-bit driver /kernel/drv/lofi.conf Driver configuration file. (Should not be altered.) /kernel/drv/sparcv9/lofi 64-bit driver ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr, SUNWcarx.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lofiadm(1M), fsck(1M), fstyp(1M), mount(1M), newfs(1M), attributes(5), lofs(7FS) NOTES
Just as you would not directly access a disk device that has mounted file systems, you should not access a file associated with a block device except through the lofi file driver. For compatability purposes, a raw device is also exported along with the block device. For example, newfs(1M) requires one. SunOS 5.10 30 Jul 1999 lofi(7D)