Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Not mounted, no-driver USB device in terminal (how to access?) Post 302378992 by gaurav1086 on Wednesday 9th of December 2009 09:14:17 AM
Old 12-09-2009
hello
are you in the process of mounting it or you have already mounted it and wants to access the contents.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/packagelist/s8u7PkgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
1 Replies

2. Programming

Checking if device is mounted..

Hi, I want to check if a device is mounted before performing actual mount. I was able to check that using the below C code. But in C++ it is throwing the following error: " error: invalid conversion from `int' to `const char*' " C program just generated a warning message, but C++ throws... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
3 Replies

3. SuSE

External USB disk cannot be mounted

Hi, I am running Suse on a fujitsu server. The problem is that it will no fully load the usb external disk. When plugged in, dmesg shows that indeed a usb disk has been plugged in ,but gives no devpath e.g sda,sdb. lsusb shows the disk vendor (western digital) but nothing else.Whats goin on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ulemsee
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 usb stick -> 2 mounted devices

Hello, i am using a solaris thinclient that tries to connecting to a terminalserver. (RDP) Everything works fine, but the usb redirection. If i put in a usb stick i always get 2 usb-drives mounted. If i look in /tmp/SUNWut/mnt/<name of the host> i see 2 devices. One with the name of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anarcy
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lvrename to a mounted device

Hi, I wanted to rename a filesystem but I forgot to unmount it before running lvrename and now it is still visible when doing df -k old name device: /dev/mapper/vg01-MGRSTR3 mounted as /MGRSTR3 new name: /dev/mapper/vg01-mgrusr3 mounted as /mgrusr3 when trying to unmount the old one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galuzan
2 Replies
local-filesystems(7)					 Miscellaneous Information Manual				      local-filesystems(7)

NAME
local-filesystems - event signalling that local filesystems have been mounted SYNOPSIS
local-filesystems [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The local-filesystems event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted all local filesystems listed in fstab(5). moun- tall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. This event is typically used by services that must be started in order for remote filesystems, if any, to be activated. Remember that some users may not consider it wrong to place /usr on a remote filesystem. For most normal services the filesystem(7) event is sufficient. This event will never occur before the virtual-filesystems(7) event. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once local filesystems are mounted might use: start on local-filesystems SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) virtual-filesystems(7) remote-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) filesystem(7) mountall 2009-12-21 local-filesystems(7)