Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users opmn service listening to external connections - issue Post 302378990 by ranj@chn on Wednesday 9th of December 2009 09:12:30 AM
Old 12-09-2009
Not registered

No Gaurav.

The opmn service is not registered in both the servers.

-Ranj

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

What are you listening to right now?

This is has been posted many times before... It is not in this forum as of now, so I have decided to put it here :D I'm listening to The Outsiders (AKA Hell is for Heros Part I) by Modern Life is War.... what about ya'll? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mars8082686
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

External DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not? on HP rp7400

Please help me > How to diag the external DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not? on HP 9000 server rp7400 I needed to install HP 11i v1 using external DVD-ROM drive on HP 9000 server rp7400. While boot in CO> “search” command is not showing DVD-ROM device only showing all disks >... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpuser
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

external DVD-ROM drive issue whether it is working or not?on HP rp74000

old clunker - rp74000 How to diag the external DVD-ROM drives issue whether it is working or not? on HP 9000 server rp7400 Please help me > I needed to install HP 11i v1 using external DVD-ROM drive on HP 9000 server rp7400. While boot in CO> “search” command is not showing DVD-ROM device... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tpuser
1 Replies

4. SuSE

named service issue on Suse

Hi Experts, I have a virtual server of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64). I am having strange issue of Naming services. Every 1 or 2 hours, named service stops working on this server and then I have to start it from "/etc/init./named start" I am not getting clue, where should I start... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
0 Replies

5. AIX

Service IP issue in HACMP, Working with only one node

Hi, I have a running HACMP Cluster with two nodes. Its working in active/passive mode. (i.e Out of the two nodes in the cluster one will be active and the other one will be on standby. If first node fails the other takes over) 1. There is a Service IP associated with the cluster. Now the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
2 Replies

6. Hardware

External GPU issue

Dear all, I set up a external Gforce GPU using the PE4H (Pcie passive adapter) from HWTOOLS.NET. I'm able to add and remove the device doing and The point is the kernel does not initialized the device correctly. Here is what dmesg gives after the scan: lspci -t gives and lspci... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aihake
2 Replies

7. Linux

cifs.upcall issue, requests new kerberos service ticket all the time

This is more of an annoyance than an actual production issue. I've set it up so that each user's home directory is mounted to an immediate subdirectory of $HOME when they login, (and umounts when they log out to keep /proc/mounts a manageable size). My issue comes in when my login scripts... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

External HDD Issue

Hello everyone ! I just installed Red Hat 6.4 and when i plug in my external HDD firstly i can see the files and after 5 seconds all dissapears. What causes to this and ways to fix it ? Thanks in advance ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djqbert
1 Replies
rpc_svc_reg(3N) 														   rpc_svc_reg(3N)

NAME
rpc_svc_reg: rpc_reg(), svc_reg(), svc_unreg(), svc_auth_reg(), xprt_register(), xprt_unregister() - library routines for registering servers SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
These routines are a part of the RPC library which allows the RPC servers to register themselves with (see rpcbind(3N)), and associate the given program and version number with the dispatch function. When the RPC server receives a RPC request, the library invokes the dispatch routine with the appropriate arguments. The HP-UX implementation of RPC only supports the X/Open Transport Interface (XTI). Applications that are written using the Transport Layer Interface (TLI) and wish to use RPC, must convert their application to XTI. Routines See rpc(3N) for the definition of the data structure. Register program prognum, procedure procname, and version versnum with the RPC service package. If a request arrives for program prognum, version versnum, and procedure procnum, procname is called with a pointer to its parameter(s); procname should return a pointer to its result(s). inproc is the XDR function used to decode the parameters while outproc is the XDR function used to encode the results. Procedures are registered on all available transports of the class nettype. See rpc(3N). This routine returns if the registration succeeded, otherwise. Associates prognum and versnum with the service dispatch procedure, dispatch. If netconf is NULL, the service is not registered with the ser- vice. For example, if a service has already been registered using some other means, such as (see inetd(1M)), it will not need to be registered again. If netconf is non-zero, then a mapping of the triple [prognum, versnum, to is established with the local service. The routine returns if it succeeds, and otherwise. Remove from the service, all mappings of the triple [prognum, versnum, all-transports] to network address and all mappings within the RPC service package of the double [prognum, versnum] to dispatch routines. Registers the service authentication routine handler with the dispatch mechanism so that it can be invoked to authenticate RPC requests received with authentication type cred_flavor. This interface allows developers to add new authentication types to their RPC applications without needing to modify the libraries. Service implementors usually do not need this routine. Typical service application would call after registering the service and prior to calling When needed to process an RPC credential of type cred_flavor, the handler procedure will be called with two parameters and is expected to return a valid value. There is no provision to change or delete an authentication handler once registered. The routine returns if the registration is successful, if cred_flavor already has an authentication handler registered for it, and otherwise. After RPC service transport handle xprt is created, it is registered with the RPC service package. This routine modifies the global variable (see rpc_svc_calls(3N)). Service implementors usually do not need this routine. Before an RPC service transport handle xprt is destroyed, it unregisters itself with the RPC service package. This routine modifies the global variable (see rpc_svc_calls(3N)). Service implementors usually do not need this routine. MULTITHREAD USAGE
Thread Safe: Yes Cancel Safe: Yes Fork Safe: No Async-cancel Safe: No Async-signal Safe: No These functions can be called safely in a multithreaded environment. They may be cancellation points in that they call functions that are cancel points. In a multithreaded environment, these functions are not safe to be called by a child process after and before These functions should not be called by a multithreaded application that supports asynchronous cancellation or asynchronous signals. SEE ALSO
inetd(1M), rpcbind(1M), select(2), rpc(3N), rpc_svc_calls(3N), rpc_svc_create(3N), rpc_svc_err(3N), rpcbind(3N). rpc_svc_reg(3N)