Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disable HP rp4440 processor
Operating Systems HP-UX Disable HP rp4440 processor Post 302378952 by dagigg on Wednesday 9th of December 2009 07:21:12 AM
Old 12-09-2009
this is an update
the CPU recovered, it was stopped/deconfigured , we have done hard reset after configure it from the beginning :

Code:
>CPU 0 ON

this the status :

Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   (c) Copyright 1995-2004, Hewlett-Packard Company, All rights reserved
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processor   Speed            State           CoProcessor State  Cache Size
  Number                                       State              Inst    Data
  ---------  --------   ---------------------  -----------------  ------------
      0      800  MHz   Idle                   Functional         67108864 67108864
      1      800  MHz   Active                 Functional         67108864 67108864

but still we can't boot directly, and the panic message still appear , any one know any work around ....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Smart Array on a RP4440

I have a new Rp4440 that has hp-ux 11.11 on it with a smart array 30 attached to it, HP says they are compatiable and i should be able to use it. I am looking for any help in setting up the array i have it all connected but dont know how to setup the array so the OS see's hard drives. I got no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marvin51796
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get Processor Id

Hi Everyone I am new to unix. I ahve few quries that i would like to post. Is there any way by which i get the unique processor Id. Actually i am unable to find any logic and method to get access to Processor Id. Is it possible to get it. I read it on Intel site that the new processor do no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: atul.saxena
1 Replies

3. AIX

LPAR processor/virtual processor settings

Question is on setting of Physical and Virtual processors for LPARs to make proper use of virtualization capabilities. Environment is a 8-way p570 with 4 LPARs. lparVIO1 and lparVIO2: AIX 5300-04-01 Mode/Type= Shared-SMT/Capped Minimum Processors= 0.10 Desired Processors= 0.50 Maximum... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guttew
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP rp4440 - rp 7420 cpu's??

hi I'm trying to find out how many spare cpu slots on the HP rp4440 - rp 7420 machines I have.. is there a command that will show me this..?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlosd
2 Replies

5. Solaris

OBP command to enable/disable a processor

Hello experts.. How can i enable or disable a processor from OBP(OK prompt)? Thanks in advance... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
8 Replies

6. AIX

Processor and processor core

Guys... Hows it going??? I have been going through the hardware spec of IBM system p systems.. and here i am confused for IBM Power 520 Express it says Processor cores: One, two or four 64-bit 4.2 GHz POWER6 with AltiVec™ SIMD and Hardware Decimal Floating-Point acceleration ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

m4 processor (how to use)

hi, what plugins i need to install to run m4 processor in bash shell. Also, what is the file extension for m4 processor ( like .cc in c ). Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Need Hardware help on a RP4440 that lost the RTC and does not see both hard drives

Since the lost of the rtc all the settings became default. Does anyone remember what needs to be reset to discover both Hard drives? It sees the DVD and the scsi disk (intscsib.0) in 0/1/1/1.0 (disk 1 slot) but not 0/1/1/0.1 (intscsia.1)(disk 0 slot). Right now, from the service menu, scsi shows... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
3 Replies
cpc_event(3CPC) 				    CPU Performance Counters Library Functions					   cpc_event(3CPC)

NAME
cpc_event - data structure to describe CPU performance counters SYNOPSIS
#include <libcpc.h> DESCRIPTION
The libcpc interfaces manipulate CPU performance counters using the cpc_event_t data structure. This structure contains several fields that are common to all processors, and some that are processor-dependent. These structures can be declared by a consumer of the API, thus the size and offsets of the fields and the entire data structure are fixed per processor for any particular version of the library. See cpc_version(3CPC) for details of library versioning. SPARC For UltraSPARC, the structure contains the following members: typedef struct { int ce_cpuver; hrtime_t ce_hrt; uint64_t ce_tick; uint64_t ce_pic[2]; uint64_t ce_pcr; } cpc_event_t; x86 For Pentium, the structure contains the following members: typedef struct { int ce_cpuver; hrtime_t ce_hrt; uint64_t ce_tsc; uint64_t ce_pic[2]; uint32_t ce_pes[2]; #define ce_cesr ce_pes[0] } cpc_event_t; The APIs are used to manipulate the highly processor-dependent control registers (the ce_pcr, ce_cesr, and ce_pes fields); the programmer is strongly advised not to reference those fields directly in portable code. The ce_pic array elements contain 64-bit accumulated counter values. The hardware registers are virtualized to 64-bit quantities even though the underlying hardware only supports 32-bits (UltraSPARC) or 40-bits (Pentium) before overflow. The ce_hrt field is a high resolution timestamp taken at the time the counters were sampled by the kernel. This uses the same timebase as gethrtime(3C). On SPARC V9 machines, the number of cycles spent running on the processor is computed from samples of the processor-dependent %tick regis- ter, and placed in the ce_tick field. On Pentium processors, the processor-dependent time-stamp counter register is similarly sampled and placed in the ce_tsc field. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gethrtime(3C), cpc(3CPC), cpc_version(3CPC), libcpc(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 12 May 2003 cpc_event(3CPC)