Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting the correct identifier in the output file Post 302378811 by rdcwayx on Tuesday 8th of December 2009 10:52:51 PM
Old 12-08-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson
I know it's not relevant to what you are asking, but I can't help but notice that those four letters, C A T G, are used to represent nucleotide bases, the building blocks of DNA.

Are at liberty to mention what your are doing? Maybe searching for a genetic defect that causes some specific disease?
Wooo, that's interesting. Smilie

Happy to provide the help on this case.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of Exponential to numeric in awk- not correct output

Hi All, I have 1 million records file. Using awk, I am counting the number of records. But as the number is huge, after crossing a number, awk is displaying it in exponential format. At the end, I need to verify this count given by awk with expected count. But as it is in exponential format,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssunda6
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK not giving me correct output.

i have a line like this in my script IP=`get_IP <hostname> | awk '{ print $1 }' echo $IP the problem is get_IP <hostname> returns data formated as follows: ip 1.1.1.1 name server_name the code above returns 1.1.1.1 server_name and i just need the 1.1.1.1 I have tried to add "|... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff output is it correct??

I'm asking for explanation about the output of the diff format when i compare the two files f1 and f2: root@host1 # cat f1 205226 205237 205250 205255 205262 205274 205307 205403 205464 205477 205500 205520 205626 205759 205766 205776 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.zuhd
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the output in correct order?

Hi, while using following awk commend I’m getting confused, The output is not like as the row present in input files, can anyone explain and tell me how to print in the order like in input. value=$(awk 'FNR>1 && NR==FNR{a=$4;next} a{sum+=$4} END {for(i in sum){printf i"\t"sum/2"@@";}}'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shenbaga.d
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Html output in correct format

Hi, I am running two scripts as below. In Script 1 i am getting correct output in proper HTML format while in script 2 i am not getting output in mail and only html code is getting printed.I want to get the output of script 2. Please guide. 1.IFILE=/home/home01/Report.csv if #Checks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output not in correct format - cd script

I have a script that looks like this: dirname2=/usr/tmp/filelist/*/* for dirname2 in /tmp/filelist/*/*; do (cd $dirname2/catalog ||echo "file does not exist" && echo "$dirname2" |cut -d '/' -f 7,8 && echo $i && ls -la |awk 'NR>3 {SUM += $5} END { print "Total number of kb " SUM }');done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need output of script on screen and file with correct return status of the called script.

Hi, I am trying to capture logs of the script in the file as well as on the screen. I have used exec and tee command for this. While using exec command I am getting the correct output in the file but, script output is not getting displayed on the screen as it get executed. Below is my sample... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Now showing the correct output

Hello I am working on one script where I am trying to display all the directories which is inside the workspace but somehow it is giving me weird output and this is occurring only with one directory other also having the result.html file inside the directory. for i in `ls -1 | egrep -iv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output is not the correct count

The awk below runs and produces the following output on the file2. This is just an example of the format as the file is ~14MB. file1.txt is attached. I am trying to count the ids that match between the two files and out the ids that are missing. Thank you :). file2 970 NM_213590 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Same sed code prints(p) correct, but writtes(w) wrong output

Dear all, I am using sed as an alternative to grep in order to get a specific line from each of multiple files located in the same directory. I am using sed because it prints the lines in the correct order (unlike grep). When I write sed code that prints out the output I get it correct, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JaNaJaNa
1 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)