Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replacing a word
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing a word Post 302378534 by jsmithstl on Tuesday 8th of December 2009 05:43:24 AM
Old 12-08-2009
If the line you want to change is the 4th line in each file:

Code:
$ ls
queue_11.txt  queue_12.txt	 queue_13.txt

Code:
$ ls Que*.txt |
> while read FILE
> do
> sed '4s/F/FQ/' ${FILE} > ${FILE}.new
> done

Code:
$ ls
queue_11.txt.new	queue_12.txt.new  queue_13.txt.new
queue_11.txt  queue_12.txt	queue_13.txt

Code:
$ cat Queue_11.txt.new 
reload sec=F
Code=7
reload sec=F
reload sec=FQ
No-load=F1
Reset
NULL
A-cap=LA
reload sec=F

$ cat Queue_12.txt.new
reload sec=F
Code=7
reload sec=F
reload sec=FQ
No-load=F1
Reset
NULL
A-cap=LA
reload sec=F

$ cat Queue_13.txt.new
reload sec=F
Code=7
reload sec=F
reload sec=FQ
No-load=F1
Reset
NULL
A-cap=LA
reload sec=F

Last edited by jsmithstl; 12-08-2009 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: deleted cat *.new to show individual file listings

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a word with another in shell programming

Hello everyone, I am trying to replace a word by another using shell programming. for that, I can use sed -i 's/second_word/first_word/' file_name but for me,the problem is that I don't know one of the words, It is present in a variable that are created dynamically by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a word after a matched pattern

Hello, Actually i want to replace the word after a matched pattern. For Ex: lets say that i am reading a file line by line while read line do echo $line # i need to search whether a pattern exists in the file and replace the word after if the pattern exist. # for example :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing of word

Hi all, I wanted to replace one word with another word pl help me to solve the same. example:- I wanted to replace RXOTX with RXOTRX in a perticuler file with hole. Regards, Ramesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh Vellanki
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing word and Incrementing

Hi I'm having difficulty in writing a script with searching a specified word using sed and replaces that word with numbers that is incremented I tried this: #!/bin/sh awk '{ for (i=2010; i<=NF; i++) sed 's/TBA/$i; }' filename.txt > outputfile.txt but it doesn't work. here is my desired... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular expression for replacing the fist word with a last word in line

I have a File with the below contents File1 I have no prior experience in unix. I have just started to work in unix. My experience in unix is 0. My Total It exp is 3 yrs. I need to replace the first word in each line with the last word for example unix have no prior experience in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kri_swami
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a word with a buch of lines

Input file: I want to replace "change" with the below lines What is the best way to replace it? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing first word while extracting

Hello All, I am extracting a part of file. the file looks as follows USING CHARACTER SET UTF8 DEFINE JOB ( DEFINE SCHEMA Flat_File_Schema ( cntnt_id VARCHAR(10) ); DEFINE OPERATOR o_mload TYPE update SCHEMA * ATTRIBUTES ( VARCHAR TdpId = @TdpId (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing word and Capitalize words after

I have an assignment and I am not sure what to do. In Unix, I use PuTTY change the semicolon (;) to a period, and capitalize the first letter of the word immediately after it. I know change command is M-% and "." so only one semicolon is changed but I am not sure how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kathrut43
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a particular word with another word in all the xml's under a particular directory with sed

Hi Folks, Could you please advise what will be the SED command to replace a word in all xml's under a particular directory for example let say I rite now at the following below location $ cd /ter/rap/config now under config directory there will be lots of xml file , now my objective is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing the first word if the word three match

Dear ALL, I have sample file : IDcentos-forum,bash,linuxCentOS,GNome IEfedora-milis,cli,linuxRedhat,KDE IRfreebsd-milis,aix,unixbsd,pyton required output: centos,bash,linuxCentOS,GNome fedora,cli,linuxRedhat,KDE freebsd,aix,unixbsd,pyton Can you help me pls.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnulyn
1 Replies
ATR_ANALYSIS(1p)						   User Commands						  ATR_ANALYSIS(1p)

NAME
ATR_analysis - analyse a smart card ATR SYNOPSIS
ATR_analysis [ATRstring] DESCRIPTION
ATR_analysis is used to parse the ATR (Answer To Reset) sent by a smart card. The command also tries to find the card model using an ATR database stored in a text file smartcard_list.txt. The smartcard_list.txt file is searched in ./, /usr/local/pcsc/ and /usr/share/pcsc/ directories. Exemple: $ ATR_analysis '3B A7 00 40 18 80 65 A2 08 01 01 52' ATR: 3B A7 00 40 18 80 65 A2 08 01 01 52 + TS = 3B --> Direct Convention + T0 = A7, Y(1): 1010, K: 7 (historical bytes) TB(1) = 00 --> Programming Param P: 0, I: 0 TD(1) = 40 --> Y(i+1) = 0100, Protocol T = 0 ----- TC(2) = 18 --> Work waiting time: 960 x 24 x (Fi/F) + Historical bytes: 80 65 A2 08 01 01 52 Possibly identified card: 3B A7 00 40 18 80 65 A2 08 01 01 52 Gemplus GPK8000 BUGS
Maybe many bugs since I am not a ISO 7816 expert. FILES
smartcard_list.txt SEE ALSO
pcscd(8), pcsc_scan(1) AUTHOR
Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau@free.fr> Version: 1.3 October 2005 ATR_ANALYSIS(1p)