Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 6.1 Kernal Parameters ulimit Post 302378376 by frank_rizzo on Monday 7th of December 2009 06:07:41 PM
Old 12-07-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by filosophizer
But my question was for default values and only the value for memory gets reset after a reboot !
you can change the memory parameters at the user level. use the chuser command or editing /etc/security/limits. a reboot is not required but any processes would need to be restarted for this to take effect.

after changing ncargs to 512 what was the output of lsattr? It should be larger and that is ok in your case.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

kernal parameters on Linux 7.3

Hi all, I am running 7.3 Redhat Linux, I have Oracle database running on it and I have some problem with the memory. every time I startup the database, the memory was peak up to 630M of Ram out 640M ram on the entire box and I didn't specify that much of memory on my database. Oracle advise me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapnguyen
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

AIX: Default Password Parameters

I am working on AIX flavor of Unix and was trying to run a script to obtain default settings of user passwords. The script uses the command to obtain default valid user attributes for: /etc/security/user for some reason, the message says- cat: cannot open /etc/security/user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eysheikah
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Find AIX system parameters

System Parameters: maximum number of processes = 2048 Network parameters: ipqmaxlen - 512 rfc1323 - 1 sb_max - 1310720 (2*655360) tcp_recvspace - 65536 tcp_sendspace - 65536 Udp_recvspace - 655360 Udp_sendspace 65536 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: R00tSc0rpi0n
1 Replies

4. AIX

how to set the ulimit on AIX 5.2 version?

how to set the ulimit on AIX 5.2 version? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shilpi
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX kernal parameter same as of solaris tcp_conn_req_max_q

I have some requirement to tune the kernal parameter but want to know which is equal to tcp_conn_req_max_q in solaris?? thanksin advance. amir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amiri2000
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Kernal Parameters

Hi, Can you please let me know about kernal parameters? Where we can see that kernal parameters? we are using System = SunOS 5.10. Please let me know commands to see these kernal parameters file or files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kancherla.sree
1 Replies

7. AIX

Where is the same TCP parameters in AIX?

I am try to tuning a parameter in AIX 5L and 6 (for performance issue.) I find a link(https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=886358) The thread mention two parameter below, I can use "ndd" command to tuning. tcp_deferred_ack_interval = 2 tcp_deferred_ack_max = 2 but I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
3 Replies

8. AIX

Network tuning parameters on AIX

Hi, we've a gigabit Ethernet adapter. And we wanted to improve the performance by tuning network parameters. so' as per IBM info center, http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/aix/v7r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.aix.prftungd%2Fdoc%2Fprftungd%2Fnetw_opt.htm we tried changing the tuning... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
2 Replies

9. AIX

What are the ideal ulimit settings for root user in AIX?

Hi, what are the ideal/best/recommended ulimit settings for a root user in AIX? I understand that it depends on our environment. But I would like to know...what are settings you guys use in your environment for best performance. default: fsize = 2097151 core = 2097151 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX change ulimit for a user

I have seen two different ways for changing the ulimit for a user in aix. Which one is better? Option 1 edit /etc/security/limits oracle: fsize = -1 data = -1 stack = -1 fsize_hard = -1 nofiles = -1 nofiles_hard = -1 Option 2 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies
reboot(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						reboot(3C)

NAME
reboot - reboot system or halt processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> int reboot(int howto, char *bootargs); DESCRIPTION
The reboot() function reboots the system. The howto argument specifies the behavior of the system while rebooting and is a mask con- structed by a bitwise-inclusive-OR of flags from the following list: RB_AUTOBOOT The machine is rebooted from the root filesystem on the default boot device. This is the default behavior. See boot(1M) and kernel(1M). RB_HALT The processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place. This option should be used with caution. RB_ASKNAME Interpreted by the bootstrap program and kernel, causing the user to be asked for pathnames during the bootstrap. RB_DUMP The system is forced to panic immediately without any further processing and a crash dump is written to the dump device (see dumpadm(1M)) before rebooting. Any other howto argument causes the kernel file to boot. The interpretation of the bootargs argument is platform-dependent. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, reboot() never returns. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The reboot() function will fail if: EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_CONFIG} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. SEE ALSO
Intro(1M), boot(1M), dumpadm(1M), halt(1M), init(1M), kernel(1M), reboot(1M), uadmin(2) SunOS 5.11 22 Mar 2004 reboot(3C)