Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Managing Geeks
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Managing Geeks Post 302378341 by rhfrommn on Monday 7th of December 2009 03:40:40 PM
Old 12-07-2009
Very good article. Not every point he makes is true of every IT job I've had, but all of them fit at least some of the jobs.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

managing users

I need to setup several accounts on a solaris system. (passwd,shadow,group) My question is : How can I create a group which can access a machine, but only in certain directories? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

best solution for managing many nameservers

Hello, i was searching around for good solution for managing many nameservers to add the records on the slave servers and update them and if possible some web-based manegment for non-experianced customers. anyone has an idea where can i find such solution? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bashar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

4. Programming

error in managing linklist

I have used link list in my program to operate on set of values the operations that i am doing : add , delete from link list when i am deleting the intermidiate or last value it is not giving any error but when i am deleting the 1 st value then program hangs can anyone suggest me the reason (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhakti_2025
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Managing FileSystems on Solaris

Hello. I have got Solaris 10 8/07 on x86 installed successfully using CDs. While I had inserted 1st CD - I created 2 new filesystems also. But now after entering into Solaris - How do I manipulate sizes or created/delete filesystems by going to terminal? Thank you! (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
15 Replies

6. Solaris

Problems managing user

I installed Solaris 10 in an old Dell computer given to me. The filesystem is ZFS (Default). The problem is that after logging in as root (first login) I wanted to add a user : n2jkw. I added the user at /export/home/n2jkw BTW, /export/home is where the 150G extra Hard Drive is mounted to.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: n2jkw
20 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

expr help - managing strings

Hi guys, I need to use regular expressions in linux and I'm not quite experience in that field, maybe someone could give me some help with it. Basically, I need to take a text like this. A234321=http://www.google..... a normal URL But, I need to take the string starting at... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocramas
0 Replies

8. Programming

Managing and using PTSes

Hello. I need to simulate a few serial links (doing a simulation of an application for a robot) and found socat which, at least with minicom, is working flawlessly. I would really like to make pts static: ie same numbers between reboots, and automatic (not me opening terminals and leaving... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erupter
2 Replies
News::Scan::Article(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  News::Scan::Article(3pm)

NAME
News::Scan::Article - collect information about news articles SYNOPSIS
use News::Scan::Article; my $art = News::Scan::Article->new( ARG, [ OPTIONS, ] SCAN ); DESCRIPTION
This module provides a derived class of "Mail::Internet" whose objects are suitable for digesting Usenet news articles. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( ARG, [ OPTIONS, ] SCAN-OBJ ) The "ARG" and "OPTIONS" parameters are identical to those required by "Mail::Internet", except "ARG" is required. See Mail::Internet. The "SCAN" parameter should be a "News::Scan" object. See News::Scan. If the article falls into the period of interest for "SCAN", the object is returned, else "undef". METHODS
group ( [ SCAN-OBJ ] ) Sets or returns an object's group depending on whether "SCAN-OBJ" is present. author Returns the article's author represented as a "Mail::Address" object. message_id Returns the article's Message-ID. subject Returns the article's subject. newsgroups Returns the list of newsgroups this article was posted to. size Returns the size of this article in bytes. header_size Returns the size of this article's header in bytes. header_lines Returns the number of lines consumed in this article by headers. body_size Returns the size of this article's body in bytes. body_lines Returns the number of lines consumed in this article by the body. orig_size Returns the size of this article's original content in bytes. See "QuoteRE" in News::Scan. orig_lines Returns the number of lines consumed in this article by original content. Keep in mind that original content is a subset of the body. sig_size Returns the size of this article'ss signature in bytes. sig_lines Returns the number of lines consumed in this article by the signature. SEE ALSO
News::Scan, Mail::Internet, Mail::Address AUTHOR
Greg Bacon <gbacon@cs.uah.edu> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997 Greg Bacon. All Rights Reserved. This library is free software. You may distribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2000-08-09 News::Scan::Article(3pm)