Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 6.1 Kernal Parameters ulimit Post 302378176 by filosophizer on Monday 7th of December 2009 06:26:00 AM
Old 12-07-2009
yes, i am aware of that.

But my question was for default values and only the value for memory gets reset after a reboot !

also, arg_max > 500k is required for oracle.

any solutions ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

kernal parameters on Linux 7.3

Hi all, I am running 7.3 Redhat Linux, I have Oracle database running on it and I have some problem with the memory. every time I startup the database, the memory was peak up to 630M of Ram out 640M ram on the entire box and I didn't specify that much of memory on my database. Oracle advise me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapnguyen
2 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

AIX: Default Password Parameters

I am working on AIX flavor of Unix and was trying to run a script to obtain default settings of user passwords. The script uses the command to obtain default valid user attributes for: /etc/security/user for some reason, the message says- cat: cannot open /etc/security/user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eysheikah
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Find AIX system parameters

System Parameters: maximum number of processes = 2048 Network parameters: ipqmaxlen - 512 rfc1323 - 1 sb_max - 1310720 (2*655360) tcp_recvspace - 65536 tcp_sendspace - 65536 Udp_recvspace - 655360 Udp_sendspace 65536 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: R00tSc0rpi0n
1 Replies

4. AIX

how to set the ulimit on AIX 5.2 version?

how to set the ulimit on AIX 5.2 version? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shilpi
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX kernal parameter same as of solaris tcp_conn_req_max_q

I have some requirement to tune the kernal parameter but want to know which is equal to tcp_conn_req_max_q in solaris?? thanksin advance. amir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amiri2000
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Kernal Parameters

Hi, Can you please let me know about kernal parameters? Where we can see that kernal parameters? we are using System = SunOS 5.10. Please let me know commands to see these kernal parameters file or files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kancherla.sree
1 Replies

7. AIX

Where is the same TCP parameters in AIX?

I am try to tuning a parameter in AIX 5L and 6 (for performance issue.) I find a link(https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=886358) The thread mention two parameter below, I can use "ndd" command to tuning. tcp_deferred_ack_interval = 2 tcp_deferred_ack_max = 2 but I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
3 Replies

8. AIX

Network tuning parameters on AIX

Hi, we've a gigabit Ethernet adapter. And we wanted to improve the performance by tuning network parameters. so' as per IBM info center, http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/aix/v7r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.aix.prftungd%2Fdoc%2Fprftungd%2Fnetw_opt.htm we tried changing the tuning... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
2 Replies

9. AIX

What are the ideal ulimit settings for root user in AIX?

Hi, what are the ideal/best/recommended ulimit settings for a root user in AIX? I understand that it depends on our environment. But I would like to know...what are settings you guys use in your environment for best performance. default: fsize = 2097151 core = 2097151 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX change ulimit for a user

I have seen two different ways for changing the ulimit for a user in aix. Which one is better? Option 1 edit /etc/security/limits oracle: fsize = -1 data = -1 stack = -1 fsize_hard = -1 nofiles = -1 nofiles_hard = -1 Option 2 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies
reboot(3C)																reboot(3C)

NAME
reboot - reboot system or halt processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> int reboot(int howto, char *bootargs); The reboot() function reboots the system. The howto argument specifies the behavior of the system while rebooting and is a mask con- structed by a bitwise-inclusive-OR of flags from the following list: RB_AUTOBOOT The machine is rebooted from the root filesystem on the default boot device. This is the default behavior. See boot(1M) and kernel(1M). RB_HALT The processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place. This option should be used with caution. RB_ASKNAME Interpreted by the bootstrap program and kernel, causing the user to be asked for pathnames during the bootstrap. RB_DUMP The system is forced to panic immediately without any further processing and a crash dump is written to the dump device (see dumpadm(1M)) before rebooting. Any other howto argument causes the kernel file to boot. The interpretation of the bootargs argument is platform-dependent. Upon successful completion, reboot() never returns. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. The reboot() function will fail if: EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_CONFIG} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. intro(1M), boot(1M), dumpadm(1M), halt(1M), init(1M), kernel(1M), reboot(1M), uadmin(2) 22 Mar 2004 reboot(3C)