Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Spawn Not Found
Operating Systems Solaris Spawn Not Found Post 302378093 by ippy98 on Monday 7th of December 2009 01:03:41 AM
Old 12-07-2009
Why did the compile fail? Did you get any errors?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

spawn: not found

Hi, I'm very new to UNIX. I need to FTP a file to a remote host. It happens through a port 2222.I need to automate the process as the SCP command prompts for a password. 1) The regular ftp, tells me that the connection is refused 2) The sftp login@remotehost gives me... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy.cog
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

spawn() Vs. fork()

what is diffenrence between spawn and fork ? "fork() system call spawns the processess" what is mean by this sentence. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandgodse
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using spawn and expect getting error

#!/bin/sh # # set -x stty -echo; read -p "Input password:" A; stty echo; echo; for HOST in `cat elc.hosts.list` do # echo "Connecting to $HOST" expect -c "set timeout -1;\ spawn sshr $HOST -l root \"mkdir /perfstat;\";\ match_max 100000;\ expect *'/root/.ssh/id_dsa':*;\ send --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madlot
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawn snmptrap from python

Hi I am trying to spawn an snmptrap from python but i keep getting the following error Invalid version specified after -v flag: 2c -c public 192.168.2.162 SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.3.1.1 here is the python code i am using from subprocess import Popen Popen() When i test the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaf3773
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with spawn.. newbie to shell

Hi, I have a problem with the spawn execution with expect.. i have done the code for expect in a separate file and i am calling the this execution from the bash script.. as given below.. -bash-4.1$ cat main.sh #!/usr/bin/bash ./spawn.exp ========================== -bash-4.1$ cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishkumar432
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Spawn: Command not found

Hi all, I want to run the following command from my main prompt : # spawn bash but I get the following error: spawn: Command not found. For this to work , I first have to go into expect. #expect expect1.1>spawn bash spawn bash 564 expect1.2> Is there any way I can skip the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Spawn: command not found

Dear Concern, I want to run following script in RHEL 6.3. $ cat sftp_upload.sh #!/usr/bin/expect spawn sftp -oPort=434 bkashtopup@172.16.252.59 expect "*?assword:*" send "bkashtopup1234\n" send "lcd /BI/application/report/script/daily/daily_bkash_itopup_detail\r" expect sftp> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spawn command not found!!!

Hi, I am writing a script to automate installation of java in shell script. #!/bin/sh #!/usr/bin/expect ls -la | grep jdk* | rpm -ivh ./jdk*.rpm alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_71/bin/java 2 spawn alternatives --config java expect "Enter to keep the current... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boby.kumar
5 Replies
__BUILTIN_CONSTANT_P(3) 				   BSD Library Functions Manual 				   __BUILTIN_CONSTANT_P(3)

NAME
__builtin_constant_p -- GNU extension to determine compile time constants SYNOPSIS
int __builtin_constant_p(value); DESCRIPTION
The __builtin_constant_p() is a GNU extension for determining whether a value is known to be constant at compile time. The function is closely related to the concept of ``constant folding'' used by modern optimizing compilers. If the value is known to be a compile-time constant, a value 1 is returned. If __builtin_constant_p() returns 0, the value is not a compile- time constant in the sense that gcc(1) was unable to determine whether the value is constant or not. EXAMPLES
A typical example of the use of __builtin_constant_p() involves a situation where it may be desirable to fold the computation if it involves a constant, but a function call is needed otherwise. For instance, bswap16(3) is defined in NetBSD as: #define bswap16(x) (__builtin_constant_p((x)) ? __byte_swap_u16_constant(x) : __BYTE_SWAP_U16_VARIABLE(x)) SEE ALSO
gcc(1), __builtin_object_size(3), __builtin_return_address(3) CAVEATS
This is a non-standard, compiler-specific extension. BSD
December 19, 2010 BSD