Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match first pattern first then extract second pattern match Post 302377981 by rdcwayx on Sunday 6th of December 2009 07:12:47 AM
Old 12-06-2009
Debian

patrick87, your sample input file make us confused. So I have to guess.

I change your input file, in number two session, there is no keyword accession. Please confirm, if this is your desired output.

Code:
$ cat input.txt
<accession>Q91G55</accession>
<name>043L_IIV6</name>
<protein>
<recommendedName>
<location>
<position position="294"/>
</location>
<fullName>Uncharacterized protein 043L</fullName>

<name>1106L_ASFB7</name>
<protein>
<recommendedName>
<fullName>Protein MGF 110-6L</fullName>

<accession>O55734</accession>
<name>120L_IIV6</name>
<fullName>Uncharacterized protein 120L</fullName>

$  awk 'BEGIN {RS=""; FS="\n"} /<accession>/ {for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if ($i~/<fullName>/) {print $i}}}' input.txt
<fullName>Uncharacterized protein 043L</fullName>
<fullName>Uncharacterized protein 120L</fullName>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from records that match pattern

Hi Guys, I have a file as follows: a b c 1 2 3 4 pp gg gh hh 1 2 fm 3 4 g h i j k l m 1 2 3 4 d e f g h j i k l 1 2 3 f 3 4 r t y u i o p d p re 1 2 3 f 4 t y w e q w r a s p a 1 2 3 4 I am trying to extract all the 2's from each row. 2 is just an example... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to match a pattern and perform a search after the first pattern

Hello Guyz I have been following this forum for a while and the solutions provided are super useful. I currently have a scenario where i need to search for a pattern and start searching by keeping the first pattern as a baseline ABC DEF LMN EFG HIJ LMN OPQ In the above text i need to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickCharles
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern Match & Extract from a string

Hi, I have long string in 2nd field, as shown below: REF1 | CLESCLJSCSHSCSMSCSNSCSRSCUDSCUFSCU7SCV1SCWPSCXGPDBACAPA0DHDPDMESED6 REF2 | SBR4PCBFPCDRSCSCG3SCHEBSCKNSCKPSCLLSCMCZXTNPCVFPCV6P4KL0DMDSDSASEWG I have a group of fixed patterns which can occur in these long strings & only... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match Pattern after certain pattern and Print words next to Pattern

Hi experts , im new to Unix,AWK ,and im just not able to get this right. I need to match for some patterns if it matches I need to print the next few words to it.. I have only three such conditions to match… But I need to print only those words that comes after satisfying the first condition..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match exclusive return pattern/variable

I have an application(Minecraft Server) that generates a logfile live. Using Crontab and screen I send a 'list' command every minute. Sample Log view: 2013-06-07 19:14:37 <Willrocksyea1> hello* 2013-06-07 19:14:41 <Gromden29> hey 2013-06-07 19:14:42 Gromden29 lost connection:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gatekeeper258
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract lines that match a pattern

Hi all, I got a file that contains the following content, Actually it is a part of the file content, Installing XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 (1%) Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18, revision 2 (96%) Unzipping XYZ XYZA Image, API 18,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kashyap
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rearrange or replace only the second line after pattern match or pattern match

Im using the command below , but thats not the output that i want. it only prints the odd and even numbers. awk '{if(NR%2){print $0 > "1"}else{print $0 > "2"}}' Im hoping for something like this file1: Text hi this is just a test text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 text6 Text hi... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with pattern match and Extract

Hi All, I am having a file like below . Basically when SB comes in the text with B. I have to take the word till SB. When there only B I should take take till B. Tried for cut it by demilter but not able to build the logic SB- CD B_RESTO SB_RESTO CRYSTALS BOILERS -->There SB and B so I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)