Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk command not working from the shell script Post 302377968 by steadyonabix on Sunday 6th of December 2009 04:38:45 AM
Old 12-06-2009
It would help if you used code tags, you can get them by clicking on the # symbol above the text box you posted your message in.

It is always a good idea to include an excerpt from your input file (Between code tags) that contains at the least some of the lines you are trying to match to; presumably the line begining "BEGIN DSSUBRECORD".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd command is not working in my shell script

Hi, Following is my shell script. #!/bin/tcsh view=$1 image=$2 objfld="obj-ppc-$image" echo $view echo $image echo $objfld echo "cleartool setview $view" cleartool setview $view; cd `cd /vob/ios/sys`; In this "cd" is not working and not getting any error. my shell is "tcsh"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" command is not working in shell script

Hi All, I am not much strong in shell scripting... I am using sed command in my script to find and replace a string....... This is how script looks : ############# #!/usr/bin/ksh CONFIG_FILE=iom_test.txt FIND=`echo "NIS_FTP_SERVER1=123.456.iom.com"` REPLACE=`echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: askumarece
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with shell script: cp command not working, but mv command works...

Hello. I would like to ask your help regarding the cp command. We are using a cp command to create a back-up copy of our file but to no avail. It's just not working. We already checked the file and directory permissions and all seems correct. We have a script (ftp.script) which calls on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: udelalv
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

CD command not working in shell script

Hello All, I have tried many permutaion combinations in my shell script but cd command is not working in shell script. Can any one help me out in this. Below is my script. ############ #!/bin/sh set -x on BASE_DIR=/etc/init.d export BASE_DIR cd $BASE_DIR ############# but its... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste command not working in shell script

Hai , When i use paste command in command prompt its giving expected output but not in the script. Below is the example. $cat file 1 2 3 $cat file1 4 5 6 $paste -d ':' file file1 1:4 2:5 3:6 but when i used the same command in script its giving the output as below : 1 2 3 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbu123
3 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Unable to pass shell script parameter value to awk command in side the same script

Variable I have in my shell script diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk -F'~' ''$2 == "$id"' {print $0}' > $new I could see value of $id is not passing to the awk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing shell script parameter value to awk command in side the script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sarita Behera
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed working on command line but file unchanged when execute with Shell script

I have a simple task to replace unix line feed end of line characters with carriage returns. When I run the following “change file in place” sed instruction from the command line all the Line feeds are successfully replaced with Carriage returns. sed -i 's/$/\r/' lf_file.txt But that same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hawkman2k
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script not working but command works in command prompt

Hi everyone I have a problem with my script If I try directly this command /usr/bin/nice -n 19 mysqldump -u root --password="******" wiki_schneider -c | nice -n 19 gzip -9 > /point_de_montage/$(date '+%Y%m%d')-wiki-db.sql.gz It works But if I simply add this command in a script and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: picemma
8 Replies
LINTIAN-INFO(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LINTIAN-INFO(1)

NAME
       lintian-info - give detailed information about Lintian's error tags

SYNOPSIS
       lintian-info [log-file...]

lintian-info --tags tag ...

DESCRIPTION
       The lintian-info command parses the output of the lintian command and gives verbose information about the listed Lintian error tags, parses
       a Lintian override file and gives verbose information about the tags included, or (if given the -t or --tags option) explains a given tag
       or tags.

If no log-file is specified on the command line, this command expects its input on stdin. Thus, the output of lintian can either be piped
       through lintian-info or a log file produced by lintian can be processed with this command.  (Note, though, that the lintian command has a
       command line option -i to display the same results as lintian-info, so you will not normally need to pipe the output of lintian into this
       command.)

OPTIONS
       -a, --annotate
	   Read from standard input or any files specified on the command line and search the input for lines formatted like Lintian override
	   entries.  For each one that was found, display verbose information about that tag.

-h, --help
	   Display usage information and exit.

--profile prof
	   Use the severities from the vendor profile prof when displaying tags.  If the profile name does not contain a slash, the default
	   profile for than vendor is chosen.

If not specified, lintian-info loads the best profile for the current vendor.

Please Refer to the Lintian User Manual for the full documentation of profiles.

-t, --tags
	   Rather than treating them as log file names, treat any command-line options as tag names and display the descriptions of each tag.

EXIT STATUS
       If -t or --tags was given and one or more of the tags specified were unknown, this command returns the exit code 1.  Otherwise, it always
       returns with exit code 0.

SEE ALSO
       lintian(1)

AUTHORS
       Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>

Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl>

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de>

perl v5.14.2							    2013-02-16							   LINTIAN-INFO(1)