Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File deliminated with | character - How do I change 1 value Post 302377895 by durden_tyler on Saturday 5th of December 2009 05:27:27 PM
Old 12-05-2009
Code:
$
$ cat -n f3
     1  Brown|32 inches|apple|monkey
     2  Green|12 feet|grape|cat
     3  Blue|32 inches|banana|dog
     4  Black|23 inches|pear|horse
$
$
$ old_value="32 inches"
$ new_value="FIGHT_CLUB"
$ line_num=3
$
$ perl -i.bak -pe "$.==$line_num && s/$old_value/$new_value/" f3
$
$ cat -n f3
     1  Brown|32 inches|apple|monkey
     2  Green|12 feet|grape|cat
     3  Blue|FIGHT_CLUB|banana|dog
     4  Black|23 inches|pear|horse
$
$

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

change character case

i need to change character case inside a script file. How i can do that? any fucntion? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace character in a string pattern and save the change in same file

I am facing one problem, can any one please suggest me the command for the same in unix. I am using Ksh. I have a large file with the data that looks like below. "ROTO2-2007f","_US01","9/15/2007","9/21/2007",346492,"NICK, LCD WATCH"97,1,"NAPOLITJ ","BERGER,M Z & CO INC",0.01, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mihir0011
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert file deliminated by colon to one deliminated by tab characters

I know this seems simple to some of you so could you help? example> file:Mine and yours :daily need this deliminated to tab characters (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yammer
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change every 3rd character

hey champs, i have a files, whose contents are as follows, abcdefghijk lmnopqrstuv .............. .............. i want to replace every other 3rd character to some specified character. let here in this file i want to replace each 3rd character to z. abzdezghzjk lmzopzrszuv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a specific character in a file

Hi, I have a data file with following structure: a|b|c|d|3|f1|f2|f3 a|b|c|d|5|f1|f2|f3|f4|f5 I want to change this data to: a|b|c|d|3|f1;f2;f3 a|b|c|d|5|f1;f2;f3;f4;f5 Data in column 5 tells the number of following fields. All fields delimiter after the 5th column needs to be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdubey
6 Replies

6. Solaris

help me to change the character set

dears i am using solaris 10 i am facing a problem when i make setup for solaris i choose the country egypt and i select the language north america but i forget to do that the i found the date Jun written in arabic i want to change character set to written in english -rw-r--r-- 1 root ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hosney00ux
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse a change of character

Good morning, i have two chaines of characters to be reversed in shell script (red with blue). It was only one line. Can you help me to write a script in awk or sed? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change last Character

Hi, Someone can help me please, i have text in file like this: (a,b,c,d,e), (f,g,h,i,j), (k,l,m,n,o), and i want to change the last character to like this: (a,b,c,d,e), (f,g,h,i,j), (k,l,m,n,o); last array character "," i want change to ";" anyone can help me please,, thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryo
2 Replies

9. Linux

Parse ; deliminated variable to create variables

Hi there, would appreciate some help on this parsing problem if anybody can help im trying to parse a variable with the following output, each of the values im trying to parse are deliminated by a ; T192... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottish_jason
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the i-th character of the j-th line

Hi, I have a file like #----------------------------------- 3 ! number of parameters of the polynome 0.00000e+00 0 ! fix=0) free=1 1.03916e-03 1 ! fix=0) free=1 0.00000e+00 0 ! fix=0) free=1 3 ! number of parameters 2.16595e-05 0 ! fix=0)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
5 Replies
DIRECTORYITERATOR.GETCTIME(3)						 1					     DIRECTORYITERATOR.GETCTIME(3)

DirectoryIterator::getCTime - Get inode change time of the current DirectoryIterator item

SYNOPSIS
public int DirectoryIterator::getCTime (void ) DESCRIPTION
Get the inode change time for the current DirectoryIterator item. PARAMETERS
This function has no parameters. RETURN VALUES
Returns the last change time of the file, as a Unix timestamp. EXAMPLES
Example #1 DirectoryIterator.getCTime(3) example This example displays the file name and last change time of the files in the directory containing the script. <?php $iterator = new DirectoryIterator(dirname(__FILE__)); foreach ($iterator as $fileinfo) { if ($fileinfo->isFile()) { echo $fileinfo->getFilename() . " changed at " . $fileinfo->getCTime() . " "; } } ?> The above example will output something similar to: apple.jpg changed at 1240398312 banana.jpg changed at 1238605440 index.php changed at 1240398935 pear.jpg changed at 1237423740 SEE ALSO
DirectoryIterator::getATime, DirectoryIterator::getMTime, filectime(3). PHP Documentation Group DIRECTORYITERATOR.GETCTIME(3)