Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command to see 1.out to 39.out files in a command Post 302377717 by akshay61286 on Friday 4th of December 2009 09:45:00 PM
Old 12-04-2009
hi
hope this works
Code:
ls *.out | sort -n

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting input files into multiple files through AWK command

Hi, I needs to split *.txt files from single directory depends on the some mutltiple input values. i have wrote the code like below for file in *.txt do grep -i -h "value1|value2" $file > $file; done. My requirment is more input values needs to be given in grep; let us say 50... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command for recently modified files - "find" command not working

I have three files a.txt , b.txt , c.txt in a directory called my_dir1 .These files were created before two or three months . I have a tar file called my_tar1.tar which contains three files a.txt , b.txt , d.txt . Somebody untarred the my_tar1.tar into my_dir1 directory. So existing two files were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe.mani
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apply 'awk' to all files in a directory or individual files from a command line

Hi All, I am using the awk command to replace ',' by '\t' (tabs) in a csv file. I would like to apply this to all .csv files in a directory and create .txt files with the tabs. How would I do this in a script? I have the following script called "csvtabs": awk 'BEGIN { FS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move same files and issue ls -al command on remaining files

I know I can use an ls -l junk1 command to get a listing of all files in the directory junk1, but I was wondering how I'd go about going through the files in junk1 in a for-in loop and issuing the ls -l command on them one by one. This is what I have so far: for file in $(ls -a $1) do ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single command - unzip files from a tar command

I have a tar file that contains multiple .Z files. Hence I need to issue a tar command followed by a gzip command to fully extract the files. How do I do it in a single command? What I'm doing now is tar xvf a.tar (this will output 1.Z and 2.Z) gzip -d *.Z (to extract 1.Z and 2.Z) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericlim
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Command to remove existing files in the tar files in Solaris 10

Hi, I am using solaris 10 OS.Please help me out with the commands needed in below two scenarios. 1)How to delete the existing files in the tar file. suppose i have a main tarfile named application.tar and it contains a file called ingres.tar. what is the command to remove ingres.tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Short command to create two files >{respo,nd}.php (with "tee" command?)

08:29 < xsi> >{respo,nd}.php bash: {respo,nd}.php: ambiguous redirect 08:31 < geirha> xsi: maybe you want tee So I was advised to do so. And I can't create two OR MORE files at once with {a,b,c,d,e,f}.php (which I quickly now need to create and to learn to create in the future to quickly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vlookup on 2 files - inserting vlookup command on another command

Hello, i am trying to print group name column(etc/group) on script (etc/passwd) since group name is not listed on etc/passwd columns. Im trying to do a vlookup. but i cant figure out how i can insert the vlookup command FNR==NR inside the print out command or the output. I also tried exporting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joonisio
2 Replies
cvslock(1)							   User Manuals 							cvslock(1)

NAME
cvslock - lock CVS repositories SYNOPSIS
cvslock [-q] [-p pid] [-d CVS root] [-R|-W] [-u|-s|-c Command] [-l] directory DESCRIPTION
cvslock is used to lock a tree starting at directory in your CVS repository during low-level manipulation or inspection. There are various modes of operation: You can use the -s or -c options to cause cvslock to spawn a sub-shell or a shell command from which you can safely access the source repository. You can also use cvslock to lock and unlock CVS repositories from shell scripts; in this case you'll want to use the -p option to specify the process ID which is written to the lock files' names. The default when given no options is to acquire a persistant read lock. OPTIONS
-q This option tells cvslock to shut up and not print any diagnostic messages to stdout. This is most useful when using the program in conjunction with, e.g., rsync(1). -p pid The CVS lock files generated by this utility have the current process ID in their name to distinguish them from lock files generated by other tools such as cvs itself or concurrent sessions of cvslock. Use this option to force cvslock to use a specific pid. This is in most useful from shell scripts. -d CVS root This optional argument tells cvslock where your CVS repository's root is. If no -d switch is given, cvslock will fall back to the CVSROOT environment variable. Note that cvslock only works on local repositories, so don't try to access pserver or rsh-accessible remote repositories this way. -R This switch tells cvslock to acquire a lock for safe reading of the repository. -W This switch tells cvslock to acquire a write lock on the repository. -s When invoked with this option, cvslock will invoke the user's login shell as determined by the SHELL environment variable after locking the repository. After the user has left that shell, cvslock will drop the locks. -c Command This option is similar to the -s option, with the difference that cvslock will execute the shell command given on the command line instead of giving the user an interactive shell. -u When given this option, cvslock will try to drop a previously created lock on the repository in question. Using this option together with the -s or -c options is an error. The use of -p is highly recommended in conjunction with this option! -l This option tells cvslock to lock only the directory specified. Normally it locks the entire directory hierarchy under the speci- fied directory. DIAGNOSTICS
cvslock spits out some diagnostics to the standard error stream. It's exit value is zero if and only if the locking operation requested by the user could be performed successfully. Note that no diagnostics about the exit value of commands executed through the -c switch are given. BUGS
The signal handling is not too well-tested and may be broken. If you try to create the same lock several times, you will get funny effects due to the error recovery cvslock tries to do. SEE ALSO
Version Management with CVS rsync(1), system(3), cvs(1) AUTHOR
cvslock was put together in a quick hacking session by Thomas Roessler <roessler@guug.de> and may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2. Unix October 1998 cvslock(1)