Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting deleting from one file and putting into another file Post 302377317 by gisele_l on Thursday 3rd of December 2009 06:16:33 PM
Old 12-03-2009
Code:
jar1 0.2
jar1 0.4
jar1 0.2
jar1 0.1
jar1 0.3
jar1 0.2
jar2 2
jar2 2
jar2 1
jar2 7
jar2 0.4
jar2 0.2
jar2 0.5
jar2 0.7

before it was like this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putting restrictions when copying file

I would like to create a command to copy a file with a restriction- if the file exists at the copy destination, the copy does not occur and message is provided that file already exists. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoffpauir
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putting a timestamp in a file

I was sure there was a way to put a timestamp ina logfile but I can't seem to figure out how. What I would like to do is after the last messages in the rptmgr.err log is put a timestamp so I know the next time I look whats new. I am using AIX 5.1 any help will great Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker40
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting screen output in a log file

I want to output screen messages to a logfile when executing an automated script. I have tried the script and command to do this but with no luck. Thanks, Nicole (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsutti
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating values from a file and putting to a variable

I am writing into a file testfile.txt values like ./XXXXXXCZ1/tprcm10c.bin ./XXXXXXCZ1_HOT/tprcm09c.bin ./XXXXXXCZ_cold/tprcm05c.bin I want to store the values of tprcm*.bin and XXXXXXCZ* in separate variables Can anybody Pls hlp me out with this ... Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from one file and putting in new file ??

Hello All, I have a file which contain data something like this: CELL 2 TEST AND DIAGNOSTIC UNIT 2 CELL 2, CDM 1 CBR 1 TRANSMIT PORT (TXPORT) 1 CELL 2, CDM 1 CBR 2 TRANSMIT PORT (TXPORT) 1 CELL 2, CDM 1 CBR 3 TRANSMIT PORT (TXPORT) 1 CELL 2, CDM 1 CBR 1 TRANSMIT PORT... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakhan
21 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting echoed text into a new file

Hi, I've set up a script so that a user answers questions, and then these answers come back onto the screen accompanied by text that I've echoed. Is there a way of putting this into a new file? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: likelylad
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting together all values from different files in one file

Hi All, This is what I am trying to achieve but to no avail. I have three sets of files which are: 1. One big dictionary file which looks like this: apple orange computer pear country 2. Some thousands of text files which are named as 1.dat, 2.dat, 3.dat etc The text files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking part of one file name and putting it into a another file name

Not sure how to do the following, but any help would be appreciated. Has to be done using C shell (sorry about that). I have about 300 files that I need this done for, but I am only going to give one example. I will just need to know how to execute your solution through some type of loop to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting file name inside file

I have a bunch of files with unique names. Inside each file are either 1 or more than 1 rows. I would like the name of the file to appear inside the file itself, once per row (except for the first row which is a header). For example: ls dog.1 cat.1 goat.1 tree.1 cat dog.1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sorting the file and putting to a different folder

Hi, I am new to unix. Kindly help me on this. My requirement is as below: I have a path temp/input , temp/CL and temp/CM I have files in temp/input as below (dates in YYYYMMDDHHMISS) NMP1515O.CL.20181026111213 NMP1515O.CM.20181025111213 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanmugapriya D
4 Replies
CTYPE_ALPHA(3)								 1							    CTYPE_ALPHA(3)

ctype_alpha - Check for alphabetic character(s)

SYNOPSIS
bool ctype_alpha (string $text) DESCRIPTION
Checks if all of the characters in the provided string, $text, are alphabetic. In the standard C locale letters are just [A-Za-z] and ctype_alpha(3) is equivalent to (ctype_upper($text) || ctype_lower($text)) if $text is just a single character, but other languages have letters that are considered neither upper nor lower case. PARAMETERS
o $text - The tested string. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if every character in $text is a letter from the current locale, FALSE otherwise. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A ctype_alpha(3) example (using the default locale) <?php $strings = array('KjgWZC', 'arf12'); foreach ($strings as $testcase) { if (ctype_alpha($testcase)) { echo "The string $testcase consists of all letters. "; } else { echo "The string $testcase does not consist of all letters. "; } } ?> The above example will output: The string KjgWZC consists of all letters. The string arf12 does not consist of all letters. NOTES
Note If an integer between -128 and 255 inclusive is provided, it is interpreted as the ASCII value of a single character (negative val- ues have 256 added in order to allow characters in the Extended ASCII range). Any other integer is interpreted as a string contain- ing the decimal digits of the integer. SEE ALSO
ctype_upper(3), ctype_lower(3), setlocale(3). PHP Documentation Group CTYPE_ALPHA(3)